Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 Would Have Used Practical Alien Effects

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 25, 2019, 10:21:32 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 Would Have Used Practical Alien Effects (Read 28,711 times)

Kradan

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 25, 2019, 10:59:54 PM
Because the H.R Giger design is perfect, there should be no afterwards, just variants.

Know what? I think that it turns into argument for the sake of argument and when it's the case i can be f**king rude and saying things about which i will regret. At the end of the day it's matter of personal taste. You think that Giger's design is perfect enough and there is no need for trying to overcome that. I disagree with that. So, i think it willbe be better if i stop right here.

SM

Giger didn't think it was perfect.

Local Trouble

"Art is never finished, only abandoned."

SM

Because the H.R Giger design is perfect, there should be no afterwards, just variants.

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 25, 2019, 11:14:36 PM
No piece of art is perfect.

But they are complete.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SM on Feb 25, 2019, 11:23:03 PM

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 25, 2019, 11:14:36 PM
No piece of art is perfect.

But they are complete.

Now, that's a retcon :laugh:

Also he didn't like the tubes. I wonder if he was unhappy with some details in the Space Jockey.

Local Trouble

SM

So, not perfect then.

Righto.

Local Trouble

SM

And so did David.  Now I'm confused.

D88M

If the studio would have let him, sure. Anyway i dont care, his ideas were fan fiction level.

Local Trouble

I could do without retconning A3.  AR is the one he should ignore.

DorkiDori

Let Blomkamp make his Alien5 and let Scott make his 3rd Alien Prequel... then EVERYTHING is done and wrapped up in neat little packages. BOTH would make back what was spent on making them and then some... After both films, 20th Century Fox can off and reboot the entire damn franchise and just do its thing from there on out with new directors and new characters. Dont get whats so hard about all this?!

Local Trouble

Because no one wants a reboot that ignores Alien and/or Aliens?

Samhain13

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed