Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It

Started by Darkoo, Jan 27, 2011, 03:03:32 PM

Author
Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It (Read 146,945 times)

Predaker

We will find out more, but it won't be the focus of the movie. Think of it as icing on the cake.

ryanjayhawk

In the past I have said on here that having a xeno in the movie wasn't important to me... however I rescind that statement.  I would be overjoyed if a xeno found it's way in... If there isn't a xeno as we know them, then I expect something like a xeno... From what I have seen of the Engineer, it alone won't be sufficient...

Flame suit zipped up...

ChrisPachi

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on May 18, 2012, 11:23:08 PM
In the past I have said on here that having a xeno in the movie wasn't important to me... however I rescind that statement.  I would be overjoyed if a xeno found it's way in... If there isn't a xeno as we know them, then I expect something like a xeno... From what I have seen of the Engineer, it alone won't be sufficient...

Flame suit zipped up...

Prepare to burn! ;D

I would also love to see one, but it isn't necessary. Happy to not have one, but would shit myself if one does appear (along with every other Alien fan in the cinema).

nostromo mechanic

I could really live without seeing a Xeno in this movie. I mean c'mon now, we've seen them in 6 movies now. As much as I love them, I'd love to see something new, but obviously related to their bio-mechanics.

RoaryUK

Quote from: zoidy on May 18, 2012, 10:57:22 PM
Quote from: RoaryUK on May 18, 2012, 10:13:08 PM
To be honest all I wanted is a true Alien Prequel, not just something that has Space Jockeys and Weyland in there, any fan could write a decent story about that.  Alas, even though I'm expecting to see something I'll enjoy, I think I'm going to be disappointed at an opportunity lost. If I am right, while any success for Prometheus will mean more of the same, which is fine by me, I fear it may also likely open the doors for more AvP to join the dots, because FOX just doesn't know how to treat the Alien any more.  I'll also add, it doesn't help when you have Sir Riddles saying stuff like 'the Alien has run it's course', that's just BS and annoys the hell out of me. The guy is supposed to be an artist, he's even talked about changing it, and I don't care what anyone says the Alien still has LOADS more to offer.  It's all in the presentation as far as I'm concerned, something Scott should be more than capable of but it seems maybe isn't willing to do!
Wow. Luckily, you aren't Ridley Scott! Cos I completely and utterly disagree. I don't want a straight alien prequel, or sequel. I want what we seem to be getting - a new story, not a hack sequel/prequel, but set in the same universe with enough links and easter eggs (ha) to keep those in the know happy. More importantly, I want Ridley Scott to make the creative decisions on such a movie, because us, here, on this forum? We know nothing about actually making a good film.

And "The guy is supposed to be an artist"? .... please. Run that line by me again when you have Ridley Scott's career behind you. If he made a straight up prequel, using the same alien, he'd probably see that as the lesser artistic choice.

That's your opinion and you're welcome to it, I never mentioned anything about a sequel and I'm quite happy for Scott to make his movie, but I stand by my 'opinon' that it's BS for someone who calls himself an artist to just 'call time' on the Alien because others have screwed it up. He obviously intended to make a prequel at one point then Prometheus became something else. Wether it is something much grander we'll just have to see, but having enough links and easter eggs does not necessarily mean anything unless the film is an intended prequel to start with. 

There is an opportunity here to take the Alien foward in a new direction, but we are constantly being told that isn't going to happen. Maybe we are all being misled I don't know, but in my opnion, the closer Prometheus is related to Alien the more chance there is to revive the series THEN take it in a new direction. Just because I'm talking prequel doesn't mean there's anything less in the creative process, if anything it would be harder to make a prequel anyway, because you're joining the dots while trying not to do the same again. But if this film remains a stand alone and is a success, while that story continues, I think it will just pave the way for FOX to continue making a fast buck with AvP and ruin anything the original Alien has left....and I just think that's a real shame! 

ryanjayhawk

Here is my dream for this movie...

It follows the Engineer Death Cult idea that has been discussed on here.  The queen sculpture is representative of a race higher than the engineer, that they worship... that the xeno we know comes from this race and that the engineers worship them.  That the engineers were experimenting with this "xeno-esque" dna.  It preserves the mystique and unknown surrounding the xeno...

I do hope that the sculpture plays some important part... I don't see how it couldn't, its far to detailed and interesting to just be seen briefly and have nothing else come of it...

eyeballkid

That's kind of missing the point...

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on May 19, 2012, 01:39:03 AMThe queen sculpture is representative of a race higher than the engineer, that they worship... [...] I don't see how it couldn't, its far to detailed and interesting to just be seen briefly and have nothing else come of it...

Sorry to burst your bubble on this (I like the idea too) but the far larger and more obvious figure of worship is the giant head, which has been confirmed to be the bust of an engineer. This suggests that the engineers worship a king or chieftain of their own species and not some other species. But...

Spoiler
There are possible ways around that. The engineers at this establishment may have gone rogue and created their own cult against their creators, appropriating their technology in an attempt to either best them or gain freedom from them. This could be what leads to their culling as evidenced by the corpses and the fact that there is only one survivor when the humans arrive.

Also, it has been said by someone who claims to have seen the film that the engineers are a form of early human that were interfered with by the species in the giant saucer, meaning that there most certainly is some higher alien race. If this turns out to be true it stitches Scott's early 'gods and engineers' comments and the Prometheus mythology together quite nicely. Of course massive amounts of salt with these claims, but it is an interesting idea.
[close]

Heh, I would've thought that speculating on the plot would lose it's appeal so close to the release date, but it's still fun as all get out. ;D

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: eyeballkid on May 19, 2012, 02:00:39 AM
That's kind of missing the point...

Missing what point... there will be nothing revolutionary in this movie, we were made by engineers... they aren't nice and don't love us... we piss them off, they decide to destroy earth... they don't...

Kronik

Kronik

To be perfectly honest, I see Prometheus as a reboot (I hate that term, reminds me of Planet of the Apes), with a few nods to the original to keep us fans happy. The plot has several parallels to Alien and includes scenes that didn't make it the first time round.

Does it worry me that there may not be a direct tie-in to Alien or feature Xenos... No, not at all, it looks like a great ride, and nothing so far has put me off.

The PredBen

If the aliens (in whatever form), not the Engineers, are the one's calling the shots in this movie, I'll be disappointed.

timiteh

timiteh

Quote from: RoaryUK on May 18, 2012, 10:13:08 PM
To be honest all I wanted is a true Alien Prequel, not just something that has Space Jockeys and Weyland in there, any fan could write a decent story about that.  Alas, even though I'm expecting to see something I'll enjoy, I think I'm going to be disappointed at an opportunity lost. If I am right, while any success for Prometheus will mean more of the same, which is fine by me, I fear it may also likely open the doors for more AvP to join the dots, because FOX just doesn't know how to treat the Alien any more.  I'll also add, it doesn't help when you have Sir Riddles saying stuff like 'the Alien has run it's course', that's just BS and annoys the hell out of me. The guy is supposed to be an artist, he's even talked about changing it, and I don't care what anyone says the Alien still has LOADS more to offer.  It's all in the presentation as far as I'm concerned, something Scott should be more than capable of but it seems maybe isn't willing to do!

If there is some Xeno in any form in this movie, i hope that Ridley will expand on the xenomorph in the first movie and partially ignore the xeno in Aliens and completely the xeno in further movies.
I really like Aliens, but when i think about it the xeno in Aliens are way less terrifying and mysterious than the one in the first movie. Xeno in Aliens are mere insect like creatures far too easy to kill. If there were at least twice more and better prepared  soldiers in Aliens then they would have wiped out all the Xeno perhaps with even less casualties. A few years ago ,my twin  brother and I tried to count the number of Xeno killed and we came to the conclusion that the soldiers and Ripley killed almost all the Xeno in the movie before the destruction of the atmospheric processor. This means that a few soldiers were able to kill dozens ,or more likely over one hundred, Xeno in a relative short time and some of the humans even managed to survive. For sure it was very entertaining but this made the xeno weak, well less impressive and frightening than in Alien.
So if there is a Xeno in this movie, or in any other upcoming movie, i sure hope that the Xeno would be a being way more dangerous, powerful and smart than those in Aliens.
An interesting point which can be used to show a different but familiar xeno would be that the one on Alien was extremly young and had to undergo several evolutions to reach its final form which could be the one eventually shown in Prometheus, if there is a Xeno in Prometheus.
Btw, all the xeno we have seen in the movies, besides the queen in AVP, are quite young going from a few hours to a few weeks. How would look a Xeno several years, several decades or several centuries old ? Do they keep growing/evolving such as reptiles ? Do they go through several metamorphis during their lifetime ?
Those are points which can be explored to provide orginal/fresh point of view to the Xeno.

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

Look aliens are Jockey's biohazard weapons they probably created by mixing DNA from  vast amount of creations. "OMG guys tis wil really stop any1 from messing yo!" Says the engineer. Then the humans come and mess things up, experimenting, and create something much worse. "Look at this! Lets push a bunch of buttons in random. Shit, this isn't good." Says Elizabeth. The last engineer gets mad, goes raging over in the humans ship, trying to kill them for what they have caused. "Heyz man! You guys are meanies! Why you go into our crib touching stuff!" Says Engineer. "Monster ahhh!" Says the captain as the engineer gets flamed. "Ouchies!" So all in all the humans actually caused the xenomorph to happen, and thats why weyland wants to get the alien back because it is a threat to humanity. So really, the company wasn't the bad guy. LOL

Qwertify

Quote from: Plokoon111 on May 19, 2012, 05:19:59 PM
Look aliens are Jockey's biohazard weapons they probably created by mixing DNA from  vast amount of creations. "OMG guys tis wil really stop any1 from messing yo!" Says the engineer. Then the humans come and mess things up, experimenting, and create something much worse. "Look at this! Lets push a bunch of buttons in random. Shit, this isn't good." Says Elizabeth. The last engineer gets mad, goes raging over in the humans ship, trying to kill them for what they have caused. "Heyz man! You guys are meanies! Why you go into our crib touching stuff!" Says Engineer. "Monster ahhh!" Says the captain as the engineer gets flamed. "Ouchies!" So all in all the humans actually caused the xenomorph to happen, and thats why weyland wants to get the alien back because it is a threat to humanity. So really, the company wasn't the bad guy. LOL

My sources say this is 80% accurate.

The PredBen

I hope that the Engineers are the alien's creators, and that the aliens are subservient to them as oppose to the Engineers being subservient to the xenomorphs and worshiping them. I feel that the Engineers should be more then equip to handle the aliens, since human colonial marines were capable of holding their own against them. And it's assumed the Engineer's technology is superior to humanities.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed