[Updated] Prometheus 2 'Paradise' hits theaters in Nov. 2015!

Started by Chris P, Jan 16, 2014, 01:59:28 AM

Author
[Updated] Prometheus 2 'Paradise' hits theaters in Nov. 2015! (Read 10,279 times)

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 21, 2014, 04:42:18 PM
Quote from: Infected on Jan 21, 2014, 12:11:33 PM
Now they gonna search for locations? If Ridley is involved, if another producer will do it nehhh no location searching.

If another producer is involved the won't do location scouting ???
Yeah it didnt come out as good as i thought.

I meant that Ridley uses nice decors and good enviroments, while most producers film inside the studio with green screens and other crap.

And maybe they can get the job done in 20 months, but everybody knows that if you want a good movie, one that breaths soul and passion you need more time to write a good gripping story.
So yes its possible it will be released in 2015 by the end, but is that a good sign? no it isnt, it just feels wrong.
It all reminds me off other cheap sequels that where all of a sudden just there out of nowhere.

Master

Of course it's a good sign.New film is always a good sign. 20 months is more then enough to finish high quality film, hell half of this time is enough. It all depends on quality of the script.

SiL

Quote from: Infected on Jan 21, 2014, 08:29:50 PM
And maybe they can get the job done in 20 months, but everybody knows that if you want a good movie, one that breaths soul and passion you need more time to write a good gripping story.
Six months for a script. Which, according to earlier reports, is already being written.

SM

Already finished as of the end of last October.

SiL

Then 22 months is more than enough. Most movies are made in about 12 months from getting the green light.

ChrisPachi

This would be great news. I was pretty cynical about Prometheus; thought it was a washy production with no tangible future, but if Scott is truly charging this hard into the next one then more power to him. I'm excited for it - for better or worse.

Infected

Ok we will see, i think around may we will know more about the cast and storyline if everything is true about this.
And it could be if done well be better then the first, like the Hobbit 2 was way better then the first kiddy one.

Vepariga

I remain optimistic.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Infected on Jan 22, 2014, 12:16:28 PM
And it could be if done well be better then the first, like the Hobbit 2 was way better then the first kiddy one.

the hobbit is a children's book

Blacklabel

Ridley is still shooting Exodus... we'll only find anything for sure after that film is done.

Gazz

Yeah, I don't think this cineworld listing adds up to much beyond guesswork on the cinema chain's part.

CainsSon

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jan 22, 2014, 03:58:33 PM
Ridley is still shooting Exodus... we'll only find anything for sure after that film is done.

EXODUS is finished shooting and is knee-deep in post. Scott has said outright that his next film is a 'sci-fi' but he was vague about whether that will be PROMETHEUS.
Jack Paglen finished the script - also reported by Scott - and his first script-to-screen TRANSCENDENCE, also a Sci-Fi/Thriller which landed him the PARADISE gig..., that film comes out in April.
If you ask me, that puts things right on track. FOX will no doubt be looking to see how TRANSCENDENCE - with it's Artificial Intelligence themes, will fair with viewers, and that info should line up with Scott's completing EXODUS...

Here's hoping TRANSCENDENCE is good.

Another thing to consider is Michael Fassbender's Oscar Nomination, as we can't be sure that his contractual obligation to PARADISE will be nullified by his potential paycheck increase and further demand on his schedule. Its been reported that Fassbender's schedule has been problematic... Yes?

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Scott produces, instead of directing, but I'm cool if he directs as well. He seemed legitimately excited to do so.   

RobThom

Whats the deal with cineworld?

It just appears to be a website for purchasing (potentially bootleg) movie tickets.

Gazz

It's a UK cinema chain.

Layorz

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed