Jim and John Thomas suing Disney to reclaim Predator rights

Started by Kailem, Apr 16, 2021, 12:46:54 AM

Author
Jim and John Thomas suing Disney to reclaim Predator rights (Read 91,173 times)

Master

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 26, 2021, 01:38:50 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 25, 2021, 07:37:46 PM
Yeah that could be cool. If Skulls go the distance and is somewhat successful, it could open the door for other predator movies set in past eras.

Yesssssssss!!!!!

An anthology of Predator period piece films! Can you imagine it?

https://media3.giphy.com/media/2sjwYkWtDdrOZxu9Mg/giphy.gif

Well, that's not exactly what I have in mind for Predator sequel.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 26, 2021, 01:38:50 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 25, 2021, 07:37:46 PM
Yeah that could be cool. If Skulls go the distance and is somewhat successful, it could open the door for other predator movies set in past eras.

Yesssssssss!!!!!

An anthology of Predator period piece films! Can you imagine it?

https://media3.giphy.com/media/2sjwYkWtDdrOZxu9Mg/giphy.gif

Wow, something like that would be a breathtakingly jewel.  :o

Quote from: Proteus on Apr 25, 2021, 08:00:06 PM
I know! It sucks loving something that doesn't even exist! Ugh! I'm going to be heartbroken if this is cancelled.

I can finally empathize with religion.  :-X

Voodoo Magic

🙏

Quote from: Master on Apr 26, 2021, 05:55:09 PM

;D

Nightmare Asylum

Do we know if/how this is affecting AVP media at the moment? Notably, that AVP anthology book with the Sigler story?

I'd imagine that is getting indefinitely delayed just like everything else...

Proteus

Proteus

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 27, 2021, 01:45:26 AM
Do we know if/how this is affecting AVP media at the moment? Notably, that AVP anthology book with the Sigler story?

Nothing is delayed until an injunction is passed. I have to assume that they're assuming everything is still a go.

Fingers crossed that we won't have to worry until 2023. By then, I won't care if it goes to the brothers, but right now we have a lot of content ready to come out.

Thirty days and counting... 😩

Anti-Woke

I really hope Dan Trachtenberg's movie gets canned. It looks like it has the works of work propaganda already. Can we please just have a normal movie that isn't about gender norms and all that bullshit. I want a return to the likes of the original movie or at least predator 2. Please, no SJW crap.

Anti-Woke

Please put an injunction on it. I can already tell Disney is about to make a woke ass predator. Give it back to the original owners and let them revive it.

Master

Master

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 26, 2021, 08:14:49 PM
🙏

https://media0.giphy.com/media/9SIXFu7bIUYHhFc19G/giphy.gif

;D

I'd love true Predator 2 sequel, that continuities where P2 left. I'm not taking direct sequel, but thematically relevant
continuation. I've said many times what I would want, but rather not to repeat myself I just sat my ass down and started writing my own script. The whole story is conceived and I'm currently 1/3 in act II with writing. I have to finish it and then translate it to English, cause I'm no native speaker, which is a bitch and some things might get lost in translation. I expect to finish it this year or maybe Q1-2 of the next. I'm hard working father of two so free time is hard to come by  :D

P.S.
Spoiler
This Gif is awesome!
[close]

Stitch

Quote from: Anti-Woke on Apr 27, 2021, 06:56:18 PM
I really hope Dan Trachtenberg's movie gets canned. It looks like it has the works of work propaganda already. Can we please just have a normal movie that isn't about gender norms and all that bullshit. I want a return to the likes of the original movie or at least predator 2. Please, no SJW crap.
Quote from: Anti-Woke on Apr 27, 2021, 07:05:43 PM
Please put an injunction on it. I can already tell Disney is about to make a woke ass predator. Give it back to the original owners and let them revive it.

Name checks out

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Master on Apr 28, 2021, 05:48:32 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 26, 2021, 08:14:49 PM
🙏

https://media0.giphy.com/media/9SIXFu7bIUYHhFc19G/giphy.gif

;D

I'd love true Predator 2 sequel, that continuities where P2 left. I'm not taking direct sequel, but thematically relevant
continuation. I've said many times what I would want, but rather not to repeat myself I just sat my ass down and started writing my own script. The whole story is conceived and I'm currently 1/3 in act II with writing. I have to finish it and then translate it to English, cause I'm no native speaker, which is a bitch and some things might get lost in translation. I expect to finish it this year or maybe Q1-2 of the next. I'm hard working father of two so free time is hard to come by  :D

P.S.
Spoiler
This Gif is awesome!
[close]

I would be interested in reading it, if it's ok with you of course.

Master

Yeah, I'll share it when it's done. I'm no filmmaker, nor I'm delusional some studio will ever pick it, so the work is mainly for the fanbase.

Proteus

Quote from: Anti-Woke on Apr 27, 2021, 07:05:43 PM

I REALLY hope Disney wins now.

Anti-Woke

I guess you didn't learn anything from Terminator: Dark Turd.  Having a lead female in a movie is perfectly okay, look at the alien movies, but when you make it about gender norms and all that, it's a movie headed for the toilet. Watchmen series was woke as hell and was dogshit. Terminator: Dark Fate was woke as hell, it bombed. Just make a normal ass predator movie that's scary and not about gender norms. Just f**king fight the predator and shut the f**k up.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Proteus on Apr 27, 2021, 01:49:23 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 27, 2021, 01:45:26 AM

Nothing is delayed until an injunction is passed. I have to assume that they're assuming everything is still a go.

I speak with no certainty but it's possible the Predator Hunting Grounds video game Anniversary update and DLC (Downloadable Content) has perhaps been delayed because of it. (We know it's delayed, with no reschedule, just no confirmation yet from the developer on why.)

It may be a case of selling a chargeable DLC to fans starting this week, only for a judge to rule for a Preliminary Injunction on May 27th retroactively beginning April 17th, requiring the game developer to de-update the content on people's consoles and refund the buyers? Sounds like an impossible mess.

The AvP Anthology might be in a similar situation? Full stop until further notice. I think I would order that if in charge. Why invest any more money if you're unsure at the moment you will be able to release & sell it.

We really need to know how this copyright termination law applies to projects that have already started but not finished post a copyright termination date. That's the real question I think.

Quote from: Master on Apr 28, 2021, 05:48:32 AM
Spoiler
This Gif is awesome!
[close]

Spoiler
Best. Gif. Ever!
[close]

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 28, 2021, 09:11:48 AM
I would be interested in reading it, if it's ok with you of course.

Seconded!  :)

SuperiorIronman

Just a thought but I wonder if we can get Legal Eagle over on Youtube to cover this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed