Alien Day 2022 is upon us! While technically every day is Alien (and Predator) Day for the staff and community of Alien vs. Predator Galaxy, it’s always exciting to see the new releases or announcements that come from April 26th!
Unfortunately, 2022 does look similar to the last few years in that this will be a quieter event, with the celebration not receiving the same level of support from Disney as it used to from 20th Century Fox, but we’ll be collecting all the new announcements and all the community releases in this article for everyone’s ease!
- At 5pm EST Cavity Colors will be releasing a new collection of some fantastic officially licenced clothing. Unfortunately, they do only ship within the United States and Canada.
- For you musicians out there, Chris Siddall (who previously published the Aliens Score book) has announced they will be publishing the Alien Score book later this year, complete with gorgeous cover art by Angel Trancon Studio.
- Tomorrow sees the release of the 11th issue of Marvel’s Alien, the penultimate issue of Phillip Kennedy Johnson’s second arc.
- TorchTorch is re-issuing some of their previously sold-out Alien inspired clothing and tote bags.
- Journalist Andy Kelly announced the crowd-funding campaign for Perfect Organism, an unofficial companion book to Alien and Alien: Isolation.
- Prime1 Studio re-announce their upcoming Aliens: Fireteam Elite Prowler statue.
- All Virtual Tabletop modules for Free League’s Alien The Roleplaying Game are 60% off.
- A commemorative weapon colour was added to Aliens: Fireteam Elite: “Added the Close Encounter Weapon Color to SSGT Park’s Armory as a commemorative gift in celebration of Alien Day. This animated cosmetic is free to pick up from the Armory in the Endeavor Hub at any time, as soon as this patch becomes available, and its availability won’t expire.”
- The Perfect Organism Podcast will be releasing several new episodes today, including an interview with Alaric Hahn, the fan who first started Alien Day, a fan commentary of the Assembly Cut of Alien 3, a new roundtable episode on Alien 3 and a live roundtable! They will also be releasing Alien: Abandon, their latest fan audio production!
- Alien vs. Predator Galaxy has also published our own Alien Day Interview where we chat to someone who has made an impact on the franchise. This year we spoke to Mark Schultz, the writer of Aliens: Apocalypse – Destroying Angels (among many), the comic series that defined the Space Jockeys for so many fans for over a decade.
- Darkness Calling, an online community of indie musicians and indie music listeners, has released They Mostly Come At Night, an album of new songs that are either lyrically inspired by or feature samples from the Alien films. They Mostly Come At Night is a non-profit project. Anyone can stream the collection for free on Bandcamp, and anyone who chooses to pay for/download the compilation will be donating to The Trevor Project, a US charity that focuses on suicide prevention for LGBTQ teens.
We’ll be keeping this post updated with more as we find it! Any big announcements that come out of today will be receiving their own separate posts. How are you celebrating Alien Day? Let us know down below!
Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien Day 2020 news! You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!