Latest News

New Predator Film ”Prey” influenced by God of War Video Game

God of War” is a blockbuster action-adventure video game franchise with roots that began on the PlayStation 2 console in 2005. Featuring a Spartan General-cum-God of War protagonist named Kratos and based in ancient mythology, the popular warrior became a massive hit with players and subsequently headlined a multitude of successful games over the past 17 years.

New Predator Film ''Prey'' influenced by God of War Video Game

Recently, on January 14th, a PC port was released for the latest 2018 installment titled “God of War” which was billed as a reimagining of the franchise. Despite only being on the market for 10 days, reports indicated the PC port has already sold over a million copies.

While those sales numbers probably came as no surprise to fans very familiar with the game’s popularity, “Prey” director Dan Trachtenberg turned to Twitter to remark on the game’s port to PC success, revealing the game had some influence on his upcoming Predator film, “Prey”!

New Predator Film ''Prey'' influenced by God of War Video Game

So how does this game influence “Prey”? We’re not sure, but this specific reimagining of “God of War” 2018 game featured Kratos living as a man beyond the shadow of the gods, where he must adapt to unfamiliar lands and venture with his son Atreus on a quest. This quest is to honor his son’s mother and her dying wish to have her ashes spread upon the highest of mountain peaks. And on this quest, Kratos teaches his son how to hunt and the ways of a hunter.

New Predator Film ''Prey'' influenced by God of War Video Game

So is “Prey” influenced by theses teaching aspects of “God of War”, where Amber Midthunder’s character is shown the ways of the hunter during a perilous journey by someone in her tribe just like Kratos? Or is perhaps the Predator doing the teaching, showing her the ways of the hunt? We have no idea yet, but the possibilities certainly sound intriguing!

New Predator Film ''Prey'' influenced by God of War Video Game

Be sure to keep your targets set on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for all the latest “Prey” news! You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. Be sure to join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums as well!

Comments: 100
« Newer Comments Older Comments »
  1. ace3g
    I wasn't sure but I noticed recently some of the cast (were hanging out together) and crew hinted at possible reshoots, additional filming through IG stories.

and now this, see photo in attachment.

** Jhane Myers and Amber Midthunder shared the same story as well.
  2. Xiggz456
    Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 13, 2022, 08:56:07 PM
    Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Feb 13, 2022, 07:28:56 PM
    Big hairy man hardly tickles the part of me that likes cryptids.

This. It's not even in the top 5 north american cryptids/mythic creatures.

Bro you don't even live in North America so please enlighten as to what the top 5 cryptids are over here. If anything Bigfoot sightings have increased with over 5000 sightings spread across all 50 states in 2020 alone. It is hands down the most well known cryptid on this continent.

That being said I highly doubt that there'll be a Sasquatch in Prey but I wouldn't mind seeing that kind of face off in the EU. Considering "If It Bleeds" had an interesting story with a rougarou (Cajun werewolf) and "Hell and Hot Water" had giant tardigrades there's precedent for these type of hunts.
  3. Mr.Turok
    Quote from: Kradan on Feb 19, 2022, 09:04:00 PM
    I would think so. AvP went for red-orange palette, Predators and The Predator went back to the blue one, but seemingly forgot to add green

Ironically, as bad as Requiem was, it arguably got the closesr to replicating first two movie heat vision look

Requiem's thermal vision was perfect as it's done well to honor the look of the old thermal vision of the classic films but also has an HD quality that I expect of an advanced race of hunters that would need every vital detail of their surroundings that they can get.
  4. Yautja888
    Quote from: ace3g on Feb 19, 2022, 03:31:38 PM
    From the IG story of

Visual Effects by
    Lara Bannister   ...   VFX Data Wrangler / VFX Production Coordinator

There could be a substancial amount of pred pov scenes, since its the predator species first hunt on earth.
    A little bit like how the predator pov was used in the original, when he was observing that scorpio.

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 19, 2022, 09:04:00 PM

Yeah , let's hope they kept those details and sounds effects back again in Prey.Especially the heartbeat.
  5. Kradan

6. Doomofman
    That suggests that the predator's vision is done with an actual camera setup rather than just some CG filter. I think possibly everything after P2 was a computer effect rather than in-camera, right?
  7. pmaz11
    ^Thanks for sharing that post Corporal Hicks! Appreciate the help to confirm.

I was trying to remember if that fan poster already popped up online awhile back?...Just maybe looked new to me when I saw it today.
  8. Immortan Jonesy
    ;D

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 14, 2022, 11:38:09 PM
    Should Prey do well I'd be all for exploring different eras with Predator. Like off the top of my head, Thor actually is a Predator or maybe the stories about them are exaggerations of survivors. Like perhaps Thor is using Predator equipment and realms are the various preserves he's taken to. I could easily see Odin turning out to be some Elder outfitting his favorite gladiator.

Aye I can definitely imagine the Predator's passage on Earth inspiring ancient mythologies involving humans, gods, and monsters. It's very ancient aliens, I know, but as some often say everything is in the execution... and in the success of Prey as well.  :laugh:

Not far behind is heroic literature reimagined as an anachronistic sci-fi tale, where a monster hunter might have been a Predator, immortalized as a legendary hero through Legend, such as Beowulf for example.

I'm also curious about something set in the future as well, kinda like..

9. Voodoo Magic
    Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 15, 2022, 05:14:10 PM
    Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 14, 2022, 10:50:13 PM
    Then in that case, I hope that after Prey, they make a movie where the Predator starts a hunting season on Earth, when mankind was fighting eldritch monstrosities in the middle ages.

Well if this sword from Hunting Grounds is any indicator of where this Predator went hunting, it could have fought Elderitch monstrosities before during the Hyborian Age  :D

No lie, the sword got me into reading Conan comics and I was just left wondering how did I miss this fine world. Its a perfect place of a Predator crossover

The black & white, magazine sized, Savage Sword of Conan was really something special back in the day.
  10. Mr.Turok
    Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 14, 2022, 10:50:13 PM

11. SuperiorIronman
  12. 426Buddy
    In the 80's/90's it was a little easier to believe in cryptozoology, kind of like there was an air of mystery about it still.

Technology has really kinda pulled the curtain back on that kinda stuff. Or maybe when I was a kid everything felt more plausible, so could just be me.

13. Voodoo Magic
    Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 10, 2022, 04:14:43 PM
    Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 08, 2022, 07:51:18 PM
    I believe you can have a Bigfoot without inviting mummies, the undead, zombies, werewolves and the like into Predator continuity. The Sasquatch is more reality based than those other creatures, when considering the portion of the world that still believe right now that they exist or did exist, and there has documented encounters between Native Americans and these creatures. It's like believing in UFOs, or the Loch Ness monster. It never gets eyerolls to the degree of believing in Dracula or the Wolfman.

Interesting! Well that would certainly fit the build.

QuoteAs for the mainstream audience though, I am not sure they are even aware of the accounts but rather they see it through the lens of cryptozoology and myth like any other tall tale. Yeah, I don't even know the current thoughts of the mainstream on the status of Bigfoot so its all a guess at how they will digest this if there really is a Sasquatch angle on all of this.

Yeah, even Bigfoot in general. I have no idea how well known it is anymore with younger audiences. Back in the day, it was extremely well know. In movies like Harry and the Hendersons, on live-action TV fighting The Incredible Hulk and The Six Million Dollar Man. But young audiences now? Who knows.

There seems to be Sasquatch museums all over the U.S., but an indicator of how mainstream it is anymore... good question.

14. Mr.Turok
    Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 08, 2022, 07:51:18 PM

I mean, personally, I agree, as at least not only there are account of various tribes of Sasquatch and not too long ago there was a animal that was like it called gigantopithecus blacki. As for the mainstream audience though, I am not sure they are even aware of the accounts but rather they see it through the lens of cryptozoology and myth like any other tall tale. Yeah, I don't even know the current thoughts of the mainstream on the status of Bigfoot so its all a guess at how they will digest this if there really is a Sasquatch angle on all of this.
« Newer Comments Older Comments »