Latest News

StudioADI is Attached to ‘Skulls’ Predator Film Production!

Practical Effects workshop StudioADI or Amalgamated Dynamics, Inc. is attached to work on the new Predator film currently known as ‘Skulls.’ We’ve been thinking this was increasingly likely for a while, when previously StudioADI co-founder Alec Gillis put out a hiring call a few months back. A few weeks ago Gillis also shared an image of an assembled film crew.

 StudioADI is Attached to 'Skulls' Predator Film Production!
Now a new Instagram post by ADI FX artist Sara Villarreal has confirmed for us, StudioADI will indeed be providing the creature FX team. Featured in her post we can see a ‘Predator V Creature FX Crew’ t-shirt featuring a Predator targeting reticule overlaid onto a Native American teepee. The image was taken in the StudioADI showroom.

 StudioADI is Attached to 'Skulls' Predator Film Production!
Villarreal Included: “The best crew. @thestudioadi Get ready! Amazing shirts designed by @h2originals. Layout and art by @jordan_k_morris.”

StudioADI co-founders Alec Gillis & Tom Woodruff Jr. were kind enough to join us for an ‘Alien Day’ interview recently, so be sure to check out our podcast with them if you haven’t already!

Thanks to ‘Whos_Nick’ and ‘ace3g’ for the news. Make sure your browsers are locked into Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Predator 5 news! You can also follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. Be sure to join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums as well!



Post Comment
Comments: 141
« Newer Comments 12345 Older Comments »
  1. ace3g
    Set photo from cinematographer for the film - Jeff Cutter



    __

    More deductive evidence that Tymon Carter is part of the cast.


    New IMDb listing

    Visual Effects by
    Benjamin Howdeshell    ...    visual effects editor

    IG page

    **He did some work on Alien: Harvest



    More connect the dots





  2. lv_226
    Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 23, 2021, 07:28:49 PM
    Quote from: Rafael Gonzalez on Jul 23, 2021, 03:32:49 PM
    Quote from: ace3g on Jul 14, 2021, 11:00:26 PM
    Native American producer and consultant Jhane Myers posted this on set (she tags fight choreographer for the film, JJ Park, in the photo)

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CRUARuBrMy3/

    Say what you will about the potential story threads, but a few things stick out personally:


    • The setting, as evinced by Predator Dark Ages, is very interesting.
    • Love seeing so many First Nation's peoples cast to ground this film in the time period.
    • Regarding my second point, whether male or female, these individuals are very beautiful.

    Dark Ages was better than The Predator and Predators. I would love to see a Pred film in Crusader times. Get Crusaders and Saracens to team up to take it down.

    That got me excited just thinking about it.
  3. City Hunter Yautja
    Quote from: Rafael Gonzalez on Jul 23, 2021, 03:32:49 PM
    Quote from: ace3g on Jul 14, 2021, 11:00:26 PM
    Native American producer and consultant Jhane Myers posted this on set (she tags fight choreographer for the film, JJ Park, in the photo)

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CRUARuBrMy3/

    Say what you will about the potential story threads, but a few things stick out personally:


    • The setting, as evinced by Predator Dark Ages, is very interesting.
    • Love seeing so many First Nation's peoples cast to ground this film in the time period.
    • Regarding my second point, whether male or female, these individuals are very beautiful.

    Dark Ages was better than The Predator and Predators. I would love to see a Pred film in Crusader times. Get Crusaders and Saracens to team up to take it down.
  4. lv_226
    Quote from: ace3g on Jul 14, 2021, 11:00:26 PM
    Native American producer and consultant Jhane Myers posted this on set (she tags fight choreographer for the film, JJ Park, in the photo)

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CRUARuBrMy3/

    Say what you will about the potential story threads, but a few things stick out personally:


    • The setting, as evinced by Predator Dark Ages, is very interesting.
    • Love seeing so many First Nation's peoples cast to ground this film in the time period.
    • Regarding my second point, whether male or female, these individuals are very beautiful.
  5. ace3g
    Latest IG story from Kyle




    Quote from: ace3g on May 22, 2021, 09:17:23 PM
    Another "hindsight is 20/20" news - Kyle Strauts, Dan Trachtenberg, and Amber Midthunder have all recently started to follow Dakota Beavers from the band WesternBoy on IG.

    WesternBoy IG post shows them in Alberta Canada and the video from Dakota says they will be off the map for a couple of months but have some exciting news coming soon.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CO-qp2bhBQJ/

    Neither of the band members have any IMDb profiles so maybe this has something to do with music for the movie.  Unless they have some type of background/extra role.

    **Just noticed the WesternBoy IG account recently started to follow Amber Midthunder's mom's casting agency -- https://www.instagram.com/midthundercasting/ 

    _____



    Maybe Dakota Beavers is part of the cast.
  6. Mr.Turok
    Quote from: Huggs on Jul 21, 2021, 12:53:08 AM
    I wish this was secretly an adaption of Turok 3.

    Hell, I wish we had a Turok film, or at least a revival of the character in a big way. I loved the animated film, Turok Son of Stone and really wished to see a follow up on it.

    Turok vs Predator would be one hell of a fight to see for sure though. Question is which Turok from what era we talking about here? We got Golden Key, Valiant, Accliam, Dark Horse, and Dynamic.
  7. ace3g
    Possible on set video from Skye Pelletier-Okimaw (who I've mentioned in past is most likely part of the cast based on who he follows/followed by on IG).



    Kyle Strauts possibly on set.

  8. City Hunter Yautja
    Quote from: ace3g on Jul 14, 2021, 11:00:26 PM
    Native American producer and consultant Jhane Myers posted this on set (she tags fight choreographer for the film, JJ Park, in the photo)

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CRUARuBrMy3/

    Oh my! Did si prophecy when I said it would be cool if:

    Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 14, 2021, 04:30:58 PM
    A Predator film set during the Native American times would be cool. It could explain why warrior tribes emerged like Apache, Comanche, Cheyenne, Kiowa, and Sioux. You could even explain scalping came from the Predators.
  9. Voodoo Magic
    Quote from: The Shuriken on Jul 14, 2021, 05:19:13 PM
    Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 13, 2021, 01:12:07 PM
    Quote from: ace3g on Jul 13, 2021, 04:22:09 AM
    Latest IG stories from Dane and Kyle

    Remember, Dane gave us these pics...

    https://i.postimg.cc/Hx8D5rVb/Screenshot-20210514-104842-Gallery.jpg

    https://i.postimg.cc/VvyyFzCp/Screenshot-20210514-104903-Gallery.jpg

    Keeping my - the Predator did not come to Earth to hunt the Comanche, it came to Earth to hunt the Wendigo - dream alive! ;D

    Ok I'm out of the loop. What is the significance of this picture? Who is this Dane guy?

    Dane Diliegro. He's a tall actor/creature actor. He's currently followed by Kyle Strauts, Amber Midthunder, Alec Gillis, Dan Trachtenberg, Jeff Cutter and more from Skulls on Instagram. Based on his stories it looks like he's currently on set in Alberta. So we feel pretty good that Dane is working in Skulls.

    Now before we knew this, back in March, Dane posted those pictures on Instagram of him in a Bigfoot suit next to a Predator. I found it and conspiracy theorized at the time that it was a hint that perhaps we would be getting a Sasquatch/Yeti/Bigfoot/Wendigo in Skulls. But there is no proof of that, and the Yeti suit was later described to us as some sort of rental - but who knows. Just fan dreaming of mine at this point. :)
  10. The Shuriken
    Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 13, 2021, 01:12:07 PM
    Quote from: ace3g on Jul 13, 2021, 04:22:09 AM
    Latest IG stories from Dane and Kyle

    Remember, Dane gave us these pics...

    https://i.postimg.cc/Hx8D5rVb/Screenshot-20210514-104842-Gallery.jpg

    https://i.postimg.cc/VvyyFzCp/Screenshot-20210514-104903-Gallery.jpg

    Keeping my - the Predator did not come to Earth to hunt the Comanche, it came to Earth to hunt the Wendigo - dream alive! ;D

    Ok I'm out of the loop. What is the significance of this picture? Who is this Dane guy?
  11. City Hunter Yautja
    A Predator film set during the Native American times would be cool. It could explain why warrior tribes emerged like Apache, Comanche, Cheyenne, Kiowa, and Sioux. You could even explain scalping came from the Predators.
  12. Voodoo Magic
    I think I'd prefer the Wendigo/Sasquatch angle over a pair of Predators hunting the Comanche with basic weaponry, but as with anything, it would all depend on its execution.

    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e4/c7/38/e4c738e6886b44ae56209251c154cb67.jpg

    In my head I could see the film work where the Sasquatch is dead within the first 20 minutes of the movie - a situation where the Comanche and the Sasquatch have been living in harmony for generations - not Harry and the Hendersons style mind you  :laugh: - but a dangerous mutual respect like with the bear, not invading each other's territory, and both bringing a balance to the lands.

    But one day, thanks to a Predator, some Comanche hunters stumble upon a fresh slaughtering of a Sasquatch spineless and beheaded, and all but one Comanche escape to tell the tale of that discovery. A demon is among them! Then a hunting party for the demon must begin, to rid the lands of this unwanted evil.
  13. BigDaddyJohn
    There could be just two predators for the two tall actors. I think it's the most likely scenario. Doesn't mean that the bigfoot theory is impossible though. That would be an interesting turn... A good turn I don't know yet.
  14. Stitch
    Quote from: Kradan on Jul 13, 2021, 04:41:21 PM
    Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 13, 2021, 02:36:20 PM
    Quote from: Doomofman on Jul 13, 2021, 02:32:16 PM
    I'm totally onboard with Predator vs Bigfoot... It literally can't be any worse than The Predator

    https://64.media.tumblr.com/d9b4610daada2526262b278ee38a7244/tumblr_pum4g1R4oR1yqzlz8o1_500.gifv

    Come on, that was funny and you know it !  :D


    Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 13, 2021, 01:12:07 PM
    Quote from: ace3g on Jul 13, 2021, 04:22:09 AM
    Latest IG stories from Dane and Kyle

    Remember, Dane gave us these pics...

    https://i.postimg.cc/Hx8D5rVb/Screenshot-20210514-104842-Gallery.jpg

    https://i.postimg.cc/VvyyFzCp/Screenshot-20210514-104903-Gallery.jpg

    Keeping my - the Predator did not come to Earth to hunt the Comanche, it came to Earth to hunt the Wendigo - dream alive! ;D

    That would be extremely ironic because of a certain role KPH played ...
    Harry and the Predasons
  15. Kradan
    Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 13, 2021, 02:36:20 PM
    Quote from: Doomofman on Jul 13, 2021, 02:32:16 PM
    I'm totally onboard with Predator vs Bigfoot... It literally can't be any worse than The Predator

    https://64.media.tumblr.com/d9b4610daada2526262b278ee38a7244/tumblr_pum4g1R4oR1yqzlz8o1_500.gifv

    Come on, that was funny and you know it !  :D


    Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 13, 2021, 01:12:07 PM
    Quote from: ace3g on Jul 13, 2021, 04:22:09 AM
    Latest IG stories from Dane and Kyle

    Remember, Dane gave us these pics...

    https://i.postimg.cc/Hx8D5rVb/Screenshot-20210514-104842-Gallery.jpg

    https://i.postimg.cc/VvyyFzCp/Screenshot-20210514-104903-Gallery.jpg

    Keeping my - the Predator did not come to Earth to hunt the Comanche, it came to Earth to hunt the Wendigo - dream alive! ;D

    That would be extremely ironic because of a certain role KPH played ...
  16. Mr.Turok
    The only slight concern I have is now managing both Bigfoot or Wendigo with the Predator on screen at once without taking away from each other. If both creatures are antagonistic of each other and the tribe, I can see it go more smoothly than have one be a protector or unintentional one of the tribe.

    Also, having mythical creatures means more work for OWLF to look out for here ON Earth other than threats from across the stars  :laugh:
« Newer Comments 12345 Older Comments »
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed