Predator: Hunting Grounds 2.01 patch is now available (for the most part!) 2 of the 3 parts of the update are now available for download, with the 3rd part containing crossplay invites “coming later”. I wont share all the patch notes below as there’s been a lot of tweaking, and a lot of skins in the free content update, but here are some of the bigger updates.
- Implemented PlayGo to allow playing of the tutorial while downloading the rest of the game
- Perks and Gear that cannot be equipped due to weight/point limits are now greyed out
- Added the option to report a player during the After Action Report
- Added tips and tricks to loading screens
- Fixed an issue where certain destructible objects were not showing properly
- Fixed an issue where the minimap would not accurately display the correct self destruction radius and mission search area location
- Fixed some issues with minimap icon sizes
- Fixed an issue where the minimap may not accurately display the correct location of the player
- Fixed an issue where mission icons would not display on the minimap when out of range
- Fixed some highlight color inconsistencies in the customization menu
- Fixed an issue where the main menu would sometimes become stuck partially transparent
- Fixed a rare issue with matchmaking when connecting to a server
- Various crash fixes and stability improvements
- [NEW] Last Man Standing
- Now, the last Fireteam player will enter a Last Man Standing state, which will buff the player’s stats and give them more of a fighting chance. This will last as long as they are the last standing player. While affected by Last Man Standing, the last Fireteam player will also have increased body heat visibility to the Predator player.
- Increased Fireteam damage taken from AI
- The spotting icon’s color is now based on the player’s callsign colors
- Remote interactions now show progress properly
- Spotting icons now clear when the spotted item is depleted
- Lowered damage reduction from equipping a pistol Suppressor
- Fixed an issue where the Fireteam run animation was not playing properly while holding a Medical Kit
- Fixed an issue where different Fireteam classes were receiving slightly different amounts of damage from different damage sources
August’s free content update also brings a bunch of new toys for the Fireteam to play with, as well as City Hunter’s combistick and Wrist Launcher.
Free Update #4
- [NEW]O.W.L.F Pitbull Assault Rifle has been released and is unlockable for all players at Level 80
- [NEW]Self-Revive Syrette (Level 25)
- Single use gear item that revives yourself when downed. This gear item cannot be resupplied and is not affected by the “Gearhead” perk
- [NEW]Anti-Cloaking Impact Grenade (A.C.I.G.) (Level 85)
- The Anti Cloaking Impact Grenade is designed to disable and prevent Predator cloaking technology within the area of effect
- [NEW]UAV Scanner (Level 43)
- Handheld display used to call in locational U.A.V. scans. Enemies and Items are automatically spotted within your vicinity
- [FREE]City Hunter Combistick Variant is now unlockable for all players at Level 42
- [FREE]Wrist Launcher is now unlockable for all players at Level 60
The free update also sees the inclusion of three new Predator masks, along with plenty of other cosmetic updates! We’re just now waiting on the third part of the update, which will see invitational crossplay now be supported. You can check out the full patch notes for Part 1 and Part 2 on the Illfonic message boards.
Today also sees the start of a free trial weekend for the game. If you’ve got any friends who are still on the fence about Predator: Hunting Grounds, now’s the time to get them aboard for the free trial.
Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest news on Predator: Hunting Grounds! You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!
Update 29/08/2020: Part 3 has now been released, along with instructions on linking Epic and PlayStation!