Latest News

July’s Hunting Grounds Free Update Is Here – Free Alpha Predator For All & City Hunter DLC Announced!

July’s free update to Predator: Hunting Grounds is here! It seems the majority of the new content is in the way of new customization content. For the Fireteam we’ve got gun shaders and outfit camo.

But the Predators are getting some love with new skin shaders and last month’s early access Samurai Katana and shaders. Not only that, the Alpha Predator class is now free to all players who have hit level 100!

There are over thirty items coming in the free update; New Fireteam Gun Shaders, a Fireteam Outfit Camo, and vibrant Predator Skin Pattern tints make up the majority of the drop.* We are also extremely excited to announce the long-awaited worldwide release of the Alpha Predator and Sickle! Both the Alpha Predator Class and the Sickle can be earned by reaching level 100. And I don’t want to forget, but this update also means that everyone can now earn the Predator Katana and Shaders for use.

July's Hunting Grounds Free Update Is Here - Free Alpha Predator For All & City Hunter DLC Announced!

July’s paid DLC has also been announced. Predator 2 fans, it’s time to rejoice as City Hunter is about to enter the Hunting Grounds, complete with combistick and his wrist rocket!

I am also thrilled to share with you that coming later this month is the third paid DLC. We heard a lot of people in the community ask about this specific Predator since we announced the title last year. We are bringing the City Hunter class to Predator: Hunting Grounds! The City Hunter will come with his classic Combistick and Wrist Launcher for hunting down Fireteams. You will be able to add the City Hunter to your Predator classes and play as the iconic character on July 28.

The new blog post also addressed the lack of new maps or game modes – which have been datamined – and reaffirmed that they are on the way.

We have seen some folks in the community wondering about the new map and mode; rest assured they are still in the roadmap, we just haven’t released the dates yet. We will be sharing more information soon. Until then, I will see you in the jungle!

While the new update is mainly a content drop, it does also feature some minor patching.

• General stability fixes
  • Implemented EOS invite support
  • Fixed crashes related to executions
  • Fixed crash related to swapping weapons
  • Fixed an issue where the AI would sometimes not be able to detect crouched players that were right in front of them

Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest news on Predator: Hunting Grounds! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Comments: 78
« Newer Comments 12 Older Comments »
  1. PAS Spinelli
    Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 28, 2020, 03:56:35 PM
    Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 28, 2020, 03:09:33 PM
    Well Voodoo, how does he look?

He looks weird on the loadout menu, but ingame he looks way better

He even has that almost naked ass lol

And yes that screenshot is using the grey shaders, not the default ones, he is reddish brown on the normal ones
  2. SuperiorIronman
    Waiting on the patch to finish before I can try him out. Just got a look at his stats though and wow that's pretty good. I have a feeling we're going to see City Hunter a lot in the next week as a result. Like at a glance it's a better Berserker or Elder.

Wrist launcher is a gear piece and it's locked in for City Hunter.
  3. molasar

"City Hunter Predator Pack
    From the concrete jungle of Los Angeles, emerge from the shadows as the City Hunter – the new premium Predator class from the iconic 1990 film.
    This DLC pack includes the City Hunter Predator class and 16 armor tints, as well as early access* to the Classic Combistick and Wrist Launcher weapons and 9 weapon tints so you can hunt the Fireteam in fearsome style.
    *Classic Combistick and Wrist Launcher unlockable to all via gameplay by September 2020."

4. SuperiorIronman
    I don't think they'd change the vision or cloaking FX. Though changing the gamma to be lower does go a long way in improving the game's visuals at least in my opinion. So when City Hunter launches he might look good under certain options.
  5. Tichinde
    Well going by the models, neca figures, etc it's like a copper color. But it's a prototype model from what we can see the one they put on the road map looks better, though that might not be in game. We shall see. I also think I'm gonna have a problem if the effects are blue and not orange like p2 would look out of place
  6. SuperiorIronman
    I'm honestly not sure about the coloration since lighting in Predator 2 can be pretty dark so the armor can come across darker than it actually is. That being said this could also be due to whatever lighting they use when they take these shots. The game itself has different lighting dependent on if one is in the game's menus or during gameplay. So wherever they took this it could make the armor look brighter than it is.

If it is wrong I don't doubt they'd change it later since they fixed Jungle Hunter.
  7. PAS Spinelli
    Quote from: molasar on Jul 22, 2020, 04:48:56 AM
    Quote from: Tichinde on Jul 22, 2020, 04:30:28 AM
    I mean if alpha and city hunter are going to be paid dlc, any chance i could get the pre order jungle hunter helmet at least? I think you unlock something similar to it with the elder class though if I'm not mistaken? I'm only level 53 :P

Alpha P. is not paid DLC. He is unlockable at level 100 or with a NA exclusive code for PS4 which is a bonus included in the first limited batch of Neca's Alpha P. figurine.
    JH helmet can be unlocked through Field Lockers.
    And P. Elder has the JH helmet too.
    Elder Helmet is a undamaged JH helmet, yes, but it's not the same, it's also rusty
  8. molasar
    Quote from: Tichinde on Jul 22, 2020, 04:30:28 AM

JH helmet can be unlocked through Field Lockers.
    And P. Elder has the JH helmet too.
  9. Tichinde
  10. Voodoo Magic
    Quote from: shadowedge on Jul 21, 2020, 09:46:29 PM
    Question on this,  I have seen a lot of people say that the graphics in this game look bad.

I have it on PC and on high settings I think it looks great,  perfectly serviceable.

Does it look significantly worse on Playstation? I have not played it on Playstation. What specifically about this game does not look good to people?

There was a weird pixelation especially in certain lighting that made it look like an older gen game at times. And the frame rate often was rough too for many. But all of it was pretty much fixed somewhere around the second update, thankfully. :)
  11. molasar
    Quote from: shadowedge on Jul 21, 2020, 09:46:29 PM

Those people do not have a grasp of what standard PS4 hardware (the lowest common denominator) is capable. The game is build on UE4 engine which is not optimized like first party dedicated engines. Also foliage dense environment looks worse in low resolutions in comparison to blocky environment. Especially in movement. PS4 version of the game initially used FXAA post processing which was too blurry but they changed it into TXAA a month later.
  12. shadowedge

13. Kailem
    Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 19, 2020, 11:39:07 AM
    Quote from: Kailem on Jul 18, 2020, 07:27:03 PM
    They've pretty much gotten to that point here now too. I remember a few years ago picking up the Genocide two-pack for £35. Now that's the average price of one figure on its own, and even then they can often go for more.

I remember picking up the first wave of Requiem figures for £15 each!

£15?! Those really were the days! Buying a NECA figure and still having change left over from a £20 note is something we can only dream of today!

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 19, 2020, 01:41:06 PM
    It's not just Neca. Price increases have spanned the entire market. I assume some of it is demand... I'm surprised how so niche some of these figures are these days... combined with inflation and the cost of raw materials. But they keep improving the quality too from head to toe, with incredible detailed paint jobs which results in higher labor costs. So I like to correlate (with exceptions) the increase in cost just to the increase in quality.  :)

Yeah the details have definitely improved a lot over the years. And with their move to giving a lot more of their figures the Ultimate treatment with extra accessories and stuff it's hard to complain too much.

Except about inflation. To hell with inflation. Making everything more expensive than it used to be. Just keep putting everyone's wages up and that's it! That way we all get more stuff! It's win-win!
  14. Voodoo Magic
  15. Kailem
  16. Kailem
    Hell I've opened about 150 field lockers since yesterday's patch and I literally haven't gotten even a single one of the new shaders they added, so I'm setting my chance of ever seeing this show up as 0.0.
  17. PAS Spinelli
    With this update, there's a new secret item that seems like only devs have atm, called of the Developer Helmet, it's a full-cover accessory for the Fire-Team and looks like a Halo helmet, datamining suggests it can be found in Field Lockers, but that has yet to be proven by actually finding it

It's also worth noting that the Predator 2 Spear is refereed as "The Classic Combistick", and not as "Classic skin for Combistick", which means it will be like the knifes, being a different model that takes a weapon slot and is the same except in looks
  18. Voodoo Magic
    Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jul 18, 2020, 03:08:33 PM
    Now they should've stated it was coming out later in the initial announcement but they did clarify it coming later on Twitter. So anybody that spent between 30 and 60 dollars for digital goods and plastic they didn't want, that's on them.

So it's the consumers fault for not following @Illfonic? That's a hard sell for me. The Alpha figure, code and its ability to "unlock" the class got a lot of press. The later vague tweet didn't. We'll have to agree to disagree.
« Newer Comments 12 Older Comments »