As the last Tuesday of June rolls around, the newest piece of downloadable content for Predator: Hunting Grounds is now available alongside Patch 1.13! The Fireteam had the pleasure of adding a veteran and grizzled Dutch to the roster last month, now it’s time for the Predator’s to get a new addition! And for June we’re getting the Samurai Predator!
The Samurai Predator has arrived. This class of Predator comes from an ancient Japanese legend that brings to life the tale of this demon from the sky. During the hottest of days when the sun bit the necks of farmers of this island nation, a rushing sound unlike any other echoed across the sky. The Samurai warriors would recognize this omen and don their weaponry to fight the invisible demon. Year after year, the most elite of warriors would fall honorably to this Yautja in a ritual that would last for centuries. We are excited to see players bring this Yautja into battle in the hunting grounds. We included early access to the Predator Katana with this DLC pack as well. The Predator Katana will be unlockable to all players later in July.
As with Dutch’s DLC, June’s new content also includes early access to the Predator Katana. It will likely be featured as part of next month’s free content update. The Samurai itself seems to be based on a model made by Hot Toys.
The new DLC also comes alongside a new update to Predator: Hunting Grounds, bringing us up to version 1.13. The full patch notes are below but it doesn’t look like the new update has any significant changes.
- Paid DLC
- New playable character – Samurai Predator
- Early access to new Predator weapon – Predator Katana
- Mission select count down timer will now only start once all players are loaded into the lobby
- Added a pointer to the weapon wheel to make navigating the weapon wheel easier
- Added a limit to player inputs during minigames (such as breaking free from the Net Gun ensnare effect)
- Increased downed crawl speed
- Fixed an issue where repeatedly jumping in rapid succession would cause some of the jumps to be shortened
- Fixed an issue where opening weapon lockers would cause some players in the match to experience a momentary dip in performance
- Fixed an issue where the Fireteam had a slight delay before they could start crawling after being downed
- Increased camera effects and feedback when taking large amounts of damage
- Increased maximum gear weight
- Increased crawl speed
- Sixth Sense
- Increased perk cost
- Reduced maximum ammo capacity
- Reduced hip-fire spread
- Reduced bounce and friction of timed grenades
- Reduced timed grenade trigger after hitting an object
- Increased timed grenade airtime
- Reduced maximum ammo capacity
- Fixed an issue where the player would not see their weapon if they switched to the S-R3D while crouching
- Increased the slow percentage on targets hit by the Predator’s melee attacks
- Fixed an issue where the Predator would sometimes mount a nearby tree when trying to interact with a target
- Fixed an issue where the Predator, while eating a boar, was able to attempt to mount a nearby tree
- Fixed an issue where specific loadouts may cause the player to load in with incorrect weapons
- Alpha Sickle
- Lowered Damage
- Combi Stick
- Fixed an issue where Fireteam members may sometimes see the Combi Stick floating in the air instead of where the Combi Stick is actually located
- War Club
- Added a disorienting status effect
- Final attack in the War Club’s combo is now unparriable
- Smart Disc
- Fixed a bug that caused the Smart Disc HUD and FOV effects to remain on the screen if the Predator threw the Smart Disc as the game ended
- Fixed a bug where recalling the Smart Disc would hide the UI element that shows the Predator that they are cloaked until the Predator recloaks
We’ll be streaming gameplay of the newest Predator, as well as the Elder and the Alpha Predator today, so be sure to keep an eye on the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy YouTube channel for when we go live!
Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest news on Predator: Hunting Grounds! You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!