Latest News

NECA Officially Announces The Ultimate Alpha Predator!

First unveiled nearly a year ago at Toy Fair 2019, NECA has officially announced their special 100th Predator figure: the Alpha Predator! One of NECA’s Ultimate line, the Alpha Predator is also NECA’s first completely original Predator design and is inspired by Steve Johnson’s original take on the Predator!

To commemorate the release of over 100 different Predator figures comes the very first original design and concept by NECA, the Alpha Predator!

In place of the traditional tech, gadgets, and armor worn by other yautja, the Alpha’s attire takes on a more insect-like appearance; a subtle homage to the original 1987 Predator design. Standing at 8” tall with over 30 points of articulation, the Ultimate Alpha Predator is an entirely new sculpt kitted out with an array of accessories including a removable mask, hook, gauntlets, and 3 pairs of interchangeable hands. Classic Predator weapons such as the wrist blades, staff, and shuriken, have been reimagined to fit his unique theme.

Deluxe Ultimate Packaging with new artwork by Jason Edmiston and an original origin story!

Alpha Predator
Alpha Predator
Alpha Predator
Alpha Predator
Alpha Predator
Alpha Predator
Alpha Predator
Alpha Predator
Alpha Predator
Alpha Predator

The Alpha Predator is due for release in the States around June 2020 and will make its way across the pond in the following months. What do you think of NECA’s brand new design?

Keep checking in with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator merchandise! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!



Post Comment
Comments: 61
« Newer Comments Older Comments »
  1. Kailem
    I like how they've been "expanding" these guys from the brief appearance they had on screen. I especially like Gort/Guardian's arm launcher-type weapon, and their faces are very in-keeping with Predator 2's visual style.

    https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fnecaonline.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F06%2F5142410.jpg&hash=1c3f0c22acf0bd845414eb5d49048ef99316f04e
    https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fnecaonline.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F06%2F514241.jpg&hash=7a2e87fbf3578d74f9d755a024bae311c16dd39e
    https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fnecaonline.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F06%2F514237.jpg&hash=98551f8f99d2d612c4a7b48e315935c63a50e30e
    https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fnecaonline.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F06%2F514231.jpg&hash=384dde97110da2e5e77ce68fb5eec12c53fb3e39
  2. Neomorph-01
    In the mists of the post apocalyptic wasteland of the future where mankind is ruled by either robot overlords or highly evolved ape overlords, Neca finally releases the Ultimate Wolf Predator figure.
  3. lightsyder
    Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 03, 2020, 11:56:50 AM
    Quote from: lightsyder on Jun 02, 2020, 06:23:57 PM
    Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 02, 2020, 05:09:13 PM
    Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 26, 2020, 08:20:24 AM
    Is there a scan of all NECA's figure background stories somewhere?

    I tracked down a few of the backs. I don't have them all saved (there's about 100 right?) but putting them up in a thread somewhere would be helpful in assisting people looking for Lore. I got about 11 of these saved.

    I've got some too.  If you have a place to post them I'd be glad to add some

    Either of you feel free to start a new thead!

    New thread started!

    https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=63889.0
  4. Corporal Hicks
    Quote from: lightsyder on Jun 02, 2020, 06:23:57 PM
    Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 02, 2020, 05:09:13 PM
    Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 26, 2020, 08:20:24 AM
    Is there a scan of all NECA's figure background stories somewhere?

    I tracked down a few of the backs. I don't have them all saved (there's about 100 right?) but putting them up in a thread somewhere would be helpful in assisting people looking for Lore. I got about 11 of these saved.

    I've got some too.  If you have a place to post them I'd be glad to add some

    Either of you feel free to start a new thead!
  5. Samhain13
    Quote from: Kailem on Jun 02, 2020, 04:51:59 PM
    Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 01, 2020, 01:25:04 AM
    Quote from: Mister Skeezler on May 29, 2020, 03:44:49 PM
    Out of curiosity, what about Hish do you not like? Are they all that different? I kind of half look at stuff outside the films.

    Basically everything about the Hish... The whole hermaphrodite aspect of the Hish (or to be more accurate, the gender swapping), the Hish being more conquerors and slavers than Hunters and Warriors, the Kill-Gland aspect which required them to take a medicine to control themselves, Hish pups using remote controlled humans to play Mortal Kombat with them, the whole setting fire to Hish pups right after birth to prove who's worthy to survive...

    As someone who's never actually read any Predator novels I never knew exactly why people would always say "I never liked the Hish or their portrayal" etc. until now. Yeeeah that doesn't sound too hot.

    I would imagine the concept of the Hish would have died long ago, even with Flesh and Blood doing it ok... why care about something made up in one novel hated by most of the fanbase over 10 years ago? The guy that wrote Forever Midnight also wrote Steel Egg and you don't see stuff from that novel being brought up anymore.
  6. lightsyder
    Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 02, 2020, 05:09:13 PM
    Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 26, 2020, 08:20:24 AM
    Is there a scan of all NECA's figure background stories somewhere?

    I tracked down a few of the backs. I don't have them all saved (there's about 100 right?) but putting them up in a thread somewhere would be helpful in assisting people looking for Lore. I got about 11 of these saved.

    I've got some too.  If you have a place to post them I'd be glad to add some
  7. Kailem
    Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 01, 2020, 01:25:04 AM
    Quote from: Mister Skeezler on May 29, 2020, 03:44:49 PM
    Out of curiosity, what about Hish do you not like? Are they all that different? I kind of half look at stuff outside the films.

    Basically everything about the Hish... The whole hermaphrodite aspect of the Hish (or to be more accurate, the gender swapping), the Hish being more conquerors and slavers than Hunters and Warriors, the Kill-Gland aspect which required them to take a medicine to control themselves, Hish pups using remote controlled humans to play Mortal Kombat with them, the whole setting fire to Hish pups right after birth to prove who's worthy to survive...

    As someone who's never actually read any Predator novels I never knew exactly why people would always say "I never liked the Hish or their portrayal" etc. until now. Yeeeah that doesn't sound too hot.
  8. HuDaFuK
    Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 01, 2020, 02:57:05 AMYeah that basically sums up why I never wanted to read Forever Midnight twice.

    That and the fact it's a terrible book.

    A couple of the Hish things I honestly didn't mind. The kill-gland idea in particular was interesting (albeit really badly realised in Forever Midnight; it was far better implemented in Flesh and Blood). Even the gender-swapping didn't bother me (and would at least spare us the Yautja's ridiculous boobie-Pred look).

    To be fair though I find the over-exploration of the Predators to be a bit silly either way, Yautja or Hish. I far prefer them to be vague and mysterious, the way they're presented in books like the Predator 2 adaptation or South China Sea.
  9. SuperiorIronman
    Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 01, 2020, 01:25:04 AM
    Quote from: Mister Skeezler on May 29, 2020, 03:44:49 PM
    Out of curiosity, what about Hish do you not like? Are they all that different? I kind of half look at stuff outside the films.

    Basically everything about the Hish... The whole hermaphrodite aspect of the Hish (or to be more accurate, the gender swapping), the Hish being more conquerors and slavers than Hunters and Warriors, the Kill-Gland aspect which required them to take a medicine to control themselves, Hish pups using remote controlled humans to play Mortal Kombat with them, the whole setting fire to Hish pups right after birth to prove who's worthy to survive...

    For me, I am all about the Yautja, and while I understand that most people don't like that aspect either-- to me, the Yautja seemed more in line with what came in the movies as far as the years 1987 - 2007 happened to be concerned. Now it seems like they're completely changing that.

    I just don't like how they reconciled it. It would've been so much better if the Super Predators were written to be the Hish, and the normal Predators were the Yautja.

    Yeah that basically sums up why I never wanted to read Forever Midnight twice. I'm basically fine with it being a Legend and so we don't know for sure if this happened.

    Man, I hated that book. I still own it but it's up there with One More Day in books I never feel the need to read again.
  10. RakaiThwei
    Quote from: Mister Skeezler on May 29, 2020, 03:44:49 PM
    Out of curiosity, what about Hish do you not like? Are they all that different? I kind of half look at stuff outside the films.

    Basically everything about the Hish... The whole hermaphrodite aspect of the Hish (or to be more accurate, the gender swapping), the Hish being more conquerors and slavers than Hunters and Warriors, the Kill-Gland aspect which required them to take a medicine to control themselves, Hish pups using remote controlled humans to play Mortal Kombat with them, the whole setting fire to Hish pups right after birth to prove who's worthy to survive...

    For me, I am all about the Yautja, and while I understand that most people don't like that aspect either-- to me, the Yautja seemed more in line with what came in the movies as far as the years 1987 - 2007 happened to be concerned. Now it seems like they're completely changing that.

    I just don't like how they reconciled it. It would've been so much better if the Super Predators were written to be the Hish, and the normal Predators were the Yautja.
  11. Mister Skeezler
    Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 28, 2020, 03:02:33 PM
    Quote from: Still Collating... on May 28, 2020, 08:22:02 AM
    But the backstory mentions they were like that before Kaail, at the beginning when the Amengi arrived, once the tables have turned you get the Predators we all know and love. It's just that some predators still call themselves Hish, and some like the new term Yautja.

    Oh I know this, but I am not a fan of this backstory at all.

    That and I really don't like the Hish interpretation of the Predators, and the fact that they just got f**king Prometheus'ed here.
    Out of curiosity, what about Hish do you not like? Are they all that different? I kind of half look at stuff outside the films.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  12. SuperiorIronman
    It's a bit of Prometheus here though that being said we do have a lot more wiggle room then the Alien continuity does and it ends on the Alpha Predator backstory being described as a "tale".  Worth mentioning that the Hunting Grounds leak also gives flavor-text to the Predator by describing him as being "known in legend". Meaning that while while in-universe the uprising against the Amengi occurred its events are known in legend and ascribed to this individual. This uprising may have played out exactly as described but there's enough wiggle room that this origin can be seen of dubious authenticity.

    The sickle is said to be used by this individual Predator and the implication is that the figure and class in HG is meant to be this specific individual. But it's entirely possible these events are just tall tales or not exactly what happened though it seems the Amengi did have an encounter with them. 
  13. RakaiThwei
    Quote from: Still Collating... on May 28, 2020, 08:22:02 AM
    But the backstory mentions they were like that before Kaail, at the beginning when the Amengi arrived, once the tables have turned you get the Predators we all know and love. It's just that some predators still call themselves Hish, and some like the new term Yautja.

    Oh I know this, but I am not a fan of this backstory at all.

    That and I really don't like the Hish interpretation of the Predators, and the fact that they just got f**king Prometheus'ed here.
  14. Still Collating...
    Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 26, 2020, 08:35:53 PM
    Quote from: Xenomrph on May 26, 2020, 06:49:11 AM
    If you think the NECA story sucks, then just ignore it and say it's apocryphal/Predator myths and legends/whatever.

    It might as well be apocrypha, because the Hish were the ones who had enslaved the Amengi in Forever Midnight, although this could be explained that they had turned their former masters into slaves... However, in THIS particular backstory, it is mentioned that the Hish were smaller, unintelligent and perhaps non-sapient until the Amengi had more or less produced the first Yautja, Kaail, where as there was no indication of the Hish being smaller, more animalistic, and unintelligent in Forever Midnight.

    https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FqG2Yggj.jpg&hash=37add314c3a8602ce5dd6f7ae8bc290796f01584

    But the backstory mentions they were like that before Kaail, at the beginning when the Amengi arrived, once the tables have turned you get the Predators we all know and love. It's just that some predators still call themselves Hish, and some like the new term Yautja.
  15. RakaiThwei
    Quote from: Xenomrph on May 26, 2020, 06:49:11 AM
    If you think the NECA story sucks, then just ignore it and say it's apocryphal/Predator myths and legends/whatever.

    It might as well be apocrypha, because the Hish were the ones who had enslaved the Amengi in Forever Midnight, although this could be explained that they had turned their former masters into slaves... However, in THIS particular backstory, it is mentioned that the Hish were smaller, unintelligent and perhaps non-sapient until the Amengi had more or less produced the first Yautja, Kaail, where as there was no indication of the Hish being smaller, more animalistic, and unintelligent in Forever Midnight.

    https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FqG2Yggj.jpg&hash=37add314c3a8602ce5dd6f7ae8bc290796f01584
  16. Xenomrph
    Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 24, 2020, 07:48:34 AM
    Quote from: SuperiorIronman on May 16, 2020, 04:22:20 AM
    The Predators began as the Hish-qu-Ten which means the term Yaujta came later. So Hish is used to describe them, just in an earlier period of history, whether they called themselves this or if it's a name given by the invaders is unclear. The Amengi (presumed to be the species for the original Predator before the Winston redesign) had invaded the home-world and enslaved them for gladiatorial combat and labor. The Amengi however engineered their own defeat because through this process of breeding warriors hell bent on killing they eventually overthrew their masters. 

    So... the Yautja as a species weren't ever really naturally an occuring species, but the Hish were and the Yautja were instead a result of breeding and genetic engineering? Yeah, I am not at all a fan of this bullshit retconned origin for the Predators. I really don't see why the Hish and the Yautja should be reconciled this way-- I would've preferred if the Super Predators were the Hish and the normal Predators were the Yautja. But this retcon just... Augh! Absolutely am not a fan of it at all whatsoever...

    Quote from: Xenomrph on May 16, 2020, 07:20:28 PM
    Mild caveat - the guy who wrote the Predator bible says he wasn't consulted on this particular packaging and it conflicts with the Bible as he wrote it, but his easy ad hoc explanation is that this is the Predator history as they choose to tell it, rather than literal truth.

    So you're saying this bull retcon isn't likely canon because the guy who wrote the Predator bible wasn't consulted and this is just NECA's own interpretation of the Yautja origin rather than what the Predator bible says? I hope so, because this just... doesn't make me happy.

    So what IS the literal truth from the Predator Bible? I'm curious.

    We dont know what the Predator Bible says, it's an internal document.

    There is no "literal truth", it's all fiction. If you think the NECA story sucks, then just ignore it and say it's apocryphal/Predator myths and legends/whatever.
  17. RakaiThwei
    Quote from: SuperiorIronman on May 16, 2020, 04:22:20 AM
    The Predators began as the Hish-qu-Ten which means the term Yaujta came later. So Hish is used to describe them, just in an earlier period of history, whether they called themselves this or if it's a name given by the invaders is unclear. The Amengi (presumed to be the species for the original Predator before the Winston redesign) had invaded the home-world and enslaved them for gladiatorial combat and labor. The Amengi however engineered their own defeat because through this process of breeding warriors hell bent on killing they eventually overthrew their masters. 

    So... the Yautja as a species weren't ever really naturally an occuring species, but the Hish were and the Yautja were instead a result of breeding and genetic engineering? Yeah, I am not at all a fan of this bullshit retconned origin for the Predators. I really don't see why the Hish and the Yautja should be reconciled this way-- I would've preferred if the Super Predators were the Hish and the normal Predators were the Yautja. But this retcon just... Augh! Absolutely am not a fan of it at all whatsoever...

    Quote from: Xenomrph on May 16, 2020, 07:20:28 PM
    Mild caveat - the guy who wrote the Predator bible says he wasn't consulted on this particular packaging and it conflicts with the Bible as he wrote it, but his easy ad hoc explanation is that this is the Predator history as they choose to tell it, rather than literal truth.

    So you're saying this bull retcon isn't likely canon because the guy who wrote the Predator bible wasn't consulted and this is just NECA's own interpretation of the Yautja origin rather than what the Predator bible says? I hope so, because this just... doesn't make me happy.

    So what IS the literal truth from the Predator Bible? I'm curious.
  18. bobcunk
    I just assumed they developed it themselves and also took it from other aliens they killed. There probably are predator scientists and things like that, I doubt they are all hunter warriors. Even the klingons have scientists and politicians.
  19. The Shuriken
    Quote from: SuperiorIronman on May 16, 2020, 04:22:20 AM
    https://i.redd.it/8cieoekyl0z41.jpg

    So based on this;

    The Predators began as the Hish-qu-Ten which means the term Yaujta came later. So Hish is used to describe them, just in an earlier period of history, whether they called themselves this or if it's a name given by the invaders is unclear. The Amengi (presumed to be the species for the original Predator before the Winston redesign) had invaded the home-world and enslaved them for gladiatorial combat and labor. The Amengi however engineered their own defeat because through this process of breeding warriors hell bent on killing they eventually overthrew their masters. 
    _________________________________________

    With this information in mind we can surmise that the origins of the culture seems to stem from gladiatorial combat and guerilla tactics used to fight the Amengi. The box also says "thousands of years" which doesn't jive with what we know about ages of various Predators but this could also be viewed as thousands relative to the Alpha given that Alpha simply wouldn't have survived into the modern day. I say this since we know the earliest point in the timeline at least on Earth is the dawn of Humanity which the Predators played a small role in.The Amengi are not seen in the flashback in AVP so we can safely assume this would take place after they overthrew them.

    Interestingly while it seems to imply an origin for how they use their gear it doesn't say the Amengi gave it to them. Infact if this is taken at face value it means that early Predator weaponry is fashioned from ripping apart one of their masters and converting it into weapons and armor.

    How the Predators got their tech is something I never really wanted answered. I don't care, I just want more alien hunters using cool gadgets. Hints here or there that slightly expand and tease lore is fine. But full in explanation? No.

    That being said. In the past I have I sort of came up with the idea that the Predators found the tech from a precious civilization on their planet. Like if Native American tribes found a cache of Roman Empire weapons.
  20. shadowedge
    Quote from: Xenomrph on May 16, 2020, 07:20:28 PM
    Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 16, 2020, 02:48:42 PM
    Quote from: shadowedge on May 16, 2020, 02:34:11 PM
    Nice find.  I don't think this is cannon but, but considering it is a lisenced product, 20th century most likely had to sign off on it. Personally I don't like the Hish portrayal, more of a fan of Yautja.

    Haven't ya heard?  Even Neca is canon!
    Mild caveat - the guy who wrote the Predator bible says he wasn't consulted on this particular packaging and it conflicts with the Bible as he wrote it, but his easy ad hoc explanation is that this is the Predator history as they choose to tell it, rather than literal truth.

    Neat! Who wrote the Predator bible and what is it/where is it? Sounds interesting!
  21. Voodoo Magic
    Quote from: Xenomrph on May 16, 2020, 07:20:28 PM
    Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 16, 2020, 02:48:42 PM
    Quote from: shadowedge on May 16, 2020, 02:34:11 PM
    Nice find.  I don't think this is cannon but, but considering it is a lisenced product, 20th century most likely had to sign off on it. Personally I don't like the Hish portrayal, more of a fan of Yautja.

    Haven't ya heard?  Even Neca is canon!
    Mild caveat - the guy who wrote the Predator bible says he wasn't consulted on this particular packaging and it conflicts with the Bible as he wrote it, but his easy ad hoc explanation is that this is the Predator history as they choose to tell it, rather than literal truth.

    https://media1.tenor.com/images/c6ef7914a7e0d72f281bd7bcf97f0025/tenor.gif
  22. Xenomrph
    Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 16, 2020, 02:48:42 PM
    Quote from: shadowedge on May 16, 2020, 02:34:11 PM
    Nice find.  I don't think this is cannon but, but considering it is a lisenced product, 20th century most likely had to sign off on it. Personally I don't like the Hish portrayal, more of a fan of Yautja.

    Haven't ya heard?  Even Neca is canon!
    Mild caveat - the guy who wrote the Predator bible says he wasn't consulted on this particular packaging and it conflicts with the Bible as he wrote it, but his easy ad hoc explanation is that this is the Predator history as they choose to tell it, rather than literal truth.
  23. SuperiorIronman
    Something kind of neat is that Hish-qu-Ten is used in MKX for one of the Predator's fighting styles. So in a period of time when they're bred for hard labor and gladiatorial combat it's worth noting that Hish is also a term for a fighting style. While MKX very likely isn't canon, it could potentially be seen as a callback to their roots as a combat style perhaps based on the tactics the old Predators used.

    Though I'm not sure why the terms changed later. Both Hish and Yaujta are used and while Hish could potentially have simply become a term used for a fighting style, it's weird the term for the race changed. Though a potential explanation is that Yaujta could be a rallying name that took off during their rebellion or it was a name the Amengi gave them and they opted for a new one. Not gonna lie, I'd love to see a comic about that.
  24. shadowedge
    Quote from: SuperiorIronman on May 16, 2020, 04:22:20 AM
    https://i.redd.it/8cieoekyl0z41.jpg

    So based on this;

    The Predators began as the Hish-qu-Ten which means the term Yaujta came later. So Hish is used to describe them, just in an earlier period of history, whether they called themselves this or if it's a name given by the invaders is unclear. The Amengi (presumed to be the species for the original Predator before the Winston redesign) had invaded the home-world and enslaved them for gladiatorial combat and labor. The Amengi however engineered their own defeat because through this process of breeding warriors hell bent on killing they eventually overthrew their masters. 
    _________________________________________

    With this information in mind we can surmise that the origins of the culture seems to stem from gladiatorial combat and guerilla tactics used to fight the Amengi. The box also says "thousands of years" which doesn't jive with what we know about ages of various Predators but this could also be viewed as thousands relative to the Alpha given that Alpha simply wouldn't have survived into the modern day. I say this since we know the earliest point in the timeline at least on Earth is the dawn of Humanity which the Predators played a small role in.The Amengi are not seen in the flashback in AVP so we can safely assume this would take place after they overthrew them.

    Interestingly while it seems to imply an origin for how they use their gear it doesn't say the Amengi gave it to them. Infact if this is taken at face value it means that early Predator weaponry is fashioned from ripping apart one of their masters and converting it into weapons and armor.

    Nice find.  I don't think this is cannon but, but considering it is a lisenced product, 20th century most likely had to sign off on it. Personally I don't like the Hish portrayal, more of a fan of Yautja.
« Newer Comments Older Comments »
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed