For the third year in a 20th Century Fox is running the #AlienDay event for Alien fans worldwide! To help start off the countdown to the next #AlienDay, Fox has uploaded this swanky new trailer to YouTube.
“Hold your breath and grab on tight as we re-enter the ALIEN universe — ALIEN DAY returns on April 26, 2018 for an epic third annual global celebration of the iconic sci-fi franchise. In addition to the below activities to celebrate the franchise, a first of its kind initiative will be announced leading up to #ALIENDAY to launch on April 26th.”
“Fan-focused activities surrounding ALIEN DAY, a nod to planet LV-426 from the landmark ALIEN film, to include:
- Beginning today, Shop.FoxMovies.com unveils all-new apparel commemorating Dark Horse’s upcoming Aliens: Dust to Dust comic series which launches later this month. In preparation for ALIEN DAY fans can shop from a wide selection of never-before-available Alien merchandise on Shop.FoxMovies.com. Additionally, the first 50 customers to purchase select ALIEN merchandise will receive the FIRST copies of Aliens: Dust to Dust #1.
- Leading up to ALIEN DAY, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will make every film in the ALIEN franchise available to own digitally for $4.99 through the “Movie of the Day” app. This includes Alien (4/21), Aliens (4/22), Alien3 (4/23), Alien: Resurrection (4/24), Prometheus (4/25) and Alien: Covenant (4/26).
- Gamers can win Alien franchise movies on Blu-ray and other fantastic prizes by competing in Zen Studios’ Aliens Pinball FX3 tournament! Everyone who plays the Aliens table on Five-Minute Mode between April 26 and May 3 is eligible, with the best prizes going to those who top the leaderboards. Players can download Pinball FX3 for free on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Windows 10 or Steam. The Aliens table is part of a three-pack known as Aliens vs. Pinball, which also includes tables based on Alien vs. Predator and Alien: Isolation.
- Immerse yourself in the horrors of the ALIEN Universe from the safety of your home. Binge your own ALIEN marathon as HBO On Demand, HBO GO, and HBO NOW will offer a special presentation of the franchise films including Alien (Director’s Cut), Aliens, Alien3, Alien: Resurrection, and Alien: Covenant.
- Plus, fans should stay tuned for special merchandise announcements, limited edition releases, giveaways and exciting unveils to take place on and in the days leading up to ALIEN DAY. Among the key licensees returning to the ALIEN DAY celebration include Dark Horse, Eaglemoss, The Loyal Subjects, Fright Rags, Geek Fuel, Mattel, Super 7, Diamond Select, Wonderdice,Park Agencies, Heighway Pinball Limited, Titan, NECA, Mondo, Prime 1, Trevco, Changes, Funko and more.
Fox Consumer Products is also partnering with multiple retailers including Books-A-Million, 2nd & Charles, and ThinkGeek which will showcase exclusive ALIEN franchise merchandise, celebrating the day with in-store activations, and social media sweepstakes. “
The official Alien website, Alien Universe, should also be receiving some updates leading up to #AlienDay. Who knows? Hopefully we’ll start to see some information on Cold Iron Games upcoming Aliens game too!
Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator news! You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!