With the American Blu-ray release of Alien: Covenant just over a month away, 20th Century Fox has released a press release confirming some of the special features that will be included in the home release of Alien: Covenant.
The new press release gives us a break down of the 18 minutes worth of deleted and alternate scenes that we can expect! Some of these we have previously detailed in our Alternate/Deleted Scenes page but some aren’t as well known.
Having read Alan Dean Foster’s novelization and had reports of scenes missing from the test screenings, we have an idea as to what some of these alternate and deleted scenes are likely to be!
- Prologue (Extended) – During the film’s prologue there was some extended dialogue between David and Weyland while David plays the piano. David explains what Richard Wagner’s Das Rheingold – Entry of the Gods Into Valhalla is about, telling Weyland that it is about God’s abandoning their creations due to their displeasure with their creation’s greed and vanity, only to realise that the Gods themselves share the same flaws.
- Walter in Greenhouse – There is a short scene where Walter is tending to a greenhouse aboard the Covenant, whistling to himself as he does so. There’s a brief dialogue exchange where Mother tells Walter music helping plants grow is a myth. He asks why she thinks he was whistling to the plants.
- Oram and Daniels (Extended) – After the crew access the damage on the Covenant, Oram orders Daniels to take some time off and “cry it out.” His suggestion does not go down well.
- Walter Visits Daniels – As discussed in our Alternate/Deleted Scenes page, there’s a brief scene where Walter visits Daniels in her quarters (after Oram removes her from active duty) and offers her some cannabis to relax.
- Daniels Bedroom Flashback – I believe this one maybe the previously discussed deleted scene with Jacob and Daniels in their apartment back on Earth, discussing their cabin in the woods. In the novelization it was placed before the crew awakens from cryosleep but it may have later been moved in the edit before being removed completely.
- Jacob’s Funeral (Extended) – After Daniels invites Walter to join in with Jacob’s funeral, Walter offers to perform a funeral service. After Daniels turns him down, Walter asks why she invited him. Daniels explains that she’s now alone in a crew made of couples and that she thought Walter might know a thing or two about being on his own.
- Ledwards Fall
- Crossing the Plaza (Extended) – In The Art and Making of Alien: Covenant, there’s a production still of the Covenant expedition survivors looking down the big hole in the middle of the plaza approaching the Citadel.
- Daniels Thanks Walter – While in the Citadel, Daniels takes a moment to thank Walter for diving in front of the Neomorph and saving her life. He tells her that he is “here to serve.“
- Rosenthal Prayer
- Walter Reports Back – After having had a chance to talk to David and be shown around his quarters and Shaw’s grave, Walter reports his impressions back to Oram, Daniels and Lope. He expresses his concern about David’s tangential thinking and lack of maintenance.
- Stairs to Eggroom (Extended)
I’m not sure what Ledwards Fall, Rosenthal Prayer or Stairs to Eggroom may entail and none of this is 100% confirmed. It’s just what we think based on existing information. Interestingly though, there appears to be no trace of either version of the deleted scene featuring both the Neomorph and the Alien.
Thanks to Rafael Saraiva for the news. The American release of Alien: Covenant is currently slated for August 15th. The European release isn’t until September 18th.
Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien: Covenant! You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!