Another week has passed and Colin Strause has answered more questions in our Q&A Thread.
- They were hoping to get the edit locked down last month so that full scoring and sound design can be finalised for music composer Brian Tyler.
- When asked whether the Predator would have acid-proof weaponry/armour, Colin said the Predator would be “well prepared for battle”.
- About the Predator facial characteristics, the Predator in AvP2 is their own unique design – Similar to the Predators in the first two films – Wiser in his years. The Predator’s face will be fully animatronic including its eyes.
- We will see chains in the sewers or elsewhere – reference to Alien.
- The colour of the aliens are “blackish silver”. The slightly different colour seen in the ADI Book picture is due to the set lighting.
- Talented comic-book artists were hired to help the directors with their storyboards. They also did CGI pre-vis for the big sequences and pre-edited a huge portion of the film before they started filming.
In other news, Greg Strause said on IMDB today that the AvP2 poster is being worked on. The poster and the AvP2 website should be up soon.