Alien Attacks | Alien Classes | Alien Walkthrough | Predator Weapons & Equipment | Predator Classes | Predator Walkthrough | Marine Weapons & Equipment | Marine Classes | Marine Walkthrough | Multiplayer Game Modes | Cheats | PH Review | PH Predalien Walkthrough | PH Predator Walkthrough | PH Coporate Walkthrough | PH Timeline
Aliens versus Predator 2
Aliens versus Predator 2 is a first-person shooter computer game developed by Monolith Productions. It was published by Sierra Entertainment, and released through Fox Interactive for PC in 2001. It is a sequel to Aliens versus Predator (1999); both games are based on the characters of the Alien and Predator media franchises as well as the Alien vs. Predator crossover series. An expansion pack titled Aliens versus Predator 2: Primal Hunt was released in 2002. A “Gold Edition” of Aliens versus Predator 2 followed, combining both the original game and the expansion pack into a single package.
Sequel to one of the most frightening games ever made, Aliens versus Predator™ 2 takes you to Planet LV1201, where three diverse and bloodthirsty species battle for survival. The story-driven plot weaves together the fates of all three races, while the action is as heart-stopping as the blockbuster films on which it is based. Choose to play as Alien, Predator, or Marine as you use your physical prowess, killer instincts, or superior firepower to stay alive. The maps and missions take you through several different environments. Fight on the human’s home turf in CMMS managed labs, factories, corridors and space docks. Or head into the heart of the Alien’s lair and face your foes head on.
- Play as Alien, Predator, or a Marine-each armed with unique new weapons and abilities.
- 21 intense single player missions set in 3 interlocking story lines.
- Play as 1 of 10 characters in 12 multiplayer levels including Species Team Maps and Deathmatch.
- Game types include Survivor, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and Hunt.
- New highly detailed environments including LV1201 landscapes.
- 32-bit animated light mapping for phenomenal effects.
- Advanced game engine using LithTech Development System.
- Players of the original Aliens versus Predator™ will thrill at the discovery of powerful new abilities for each species.
You can view more Screenshots in the gallery.
AvP2 Concept Art
You can view more Concept Art in the gallery.
Minimum PC Requirements
|Recommended PC Requirements
English Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000 or XP
Keyboard and mouse
Pentium III 700 or equivalent processor
256 MB RAM
24X CD-ROM drive
32 MB DirectX 8-compatible D3D video card
16-bit DirectX 8-compatible sound card
DirectX 8 or higher
- Aliens vs. Predator 2 was strongly rumoured to appear on PS2 back in 2000. Fox announced the game for next generation platforms but was only released on PC. I’m guessing the cancelled game Aliens: Colonial Marines probably had something to do with this too.
|AvP2 Guide (4MB)
Official guide for AvP2 in PDF format.
AvP2 Primal Hunt
Released: August 2002
Publisher: Sierra Studios / Fox Interactive
Developer: Third Law Entertainment
An expansion pack to Aliens versus Predator 2, titled Aliens versus Predator 2: Primal Hunt, was developed by Third Law Entertainment, published by Sierra Entertainment, and released through Fox Interactive in 2002. It was also included in the “Gold Edition” of Aliens versus Predator 2 released the same year, which bundled the original game and the expansion pack into a single package. Primal Hunt adds new weapons and multiplayer maps to the original game, as well as a single-player campaign which serves as a prequel to the storyline of Aliens versus Predator 2.
On a routine hunt on Planet LV1201 a lone Predator finds a mysterious Artifact with the power to keep the savage Aliens at bay, and as legend has it, even control their minds. The Predator triggers a stasis field, trapping him for 500 years until Dunya, a human Corporate mercenary, unwittingly frees him and escapes with the Artifact. Meanwhile, a lone PredAlien seeks to destroy the Artifact to preserve the sanctity of the Hive. Now the hunt is on to retrieve the mystical Artifact before Dunya escapes back to safety.
- As this new interlocking story unfolds, play as Dunya, the Corporate mercenary, the 500-year-old Predator, or the lethal hybrid, PredAlien.
- Choose from an arsenal of new weapons as well as all your old favorites. Mutilate your enemies with dual pistols, turret guns, and deployable sentry guns. For extra carnage, kill with the newly added Predator Energy Flechette.
- Explore never-before-seen Predator ruins as you make your way through 9 new single-player missions and 4 new multi-player levels where you’ll get acquainted with new breeds of vile creatures on their own mission to stop you dead in your tracks.
AvP2 Primal Hunt Screenshots
You can view more Screenshots in the gallery.
Aliens versus Predator 2: Gold Edition
Released: May 30, 2003
This Gold Edition of Aliens Versus Predator 2 combines both the original game and the expansion pack, Primal Hunt, into one package.
You begin on the Planet LV1201, and you must choose to play as one of three sides: Human (Marine), Alien or Predator. 21 missions span over the three races, each bringing with it a new side to the story. Each race has a varying degree of power, speed and stamina, with the Marines using all the firepower under the sun, Predators using a combination of stealth and power, and the Aliens going all out with speed and killer instincts.
Primal Hunt adds another 9 missions and follows a story line of an ancient Predator artifact. It also brings with it new weapons, multiplayer modes and some other new options.