Do you like the crossover concept?

Started by Daniel, Nov 30, 2007, 12:36:50 AM

Author
Do you like the crossover concept? (Read 1,542 times)

Porkus Maximus

QuoteThe Predators hunting the humans is one of the reasons I loved it. However your statement is slightly incorrect. Wasn't Aliens and Alien Ressurection basically just hordes of aliens killing marines while they try to escape? Wasn't Alien and Alien 3 people scavenging weapons to try and kill a lone alien stalking them? Actually killing people is basically all the aliens ever did.

Yeah in essence when you strip away everything they're both just monsters going around killing people.  The difference is that there's a shiton of layers to strip away from the alien movies but not many for the predator ones.  Why do you think the comics added so much (bullshit) to the predators?  Because there wasn't enough material in the movies.

XENOWARRIOR

XENOWARRIOR

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Nov 30, 2007, 09:43:29 PM
I like it, it just has to be done properly.

w00t +  ;D x 100000000000

Hawkmoon

What we need is the talked about Predator 3 movie....well once the writers strike ends that is!

Two predator films vs four Alien films ... we  need a third pure Pred film!

We know these guys have an honour code, and advanced tech, but there whole society does nothing else but hunt!!..... you sure.
Nah, these guys have a while society, the hunters are simply all we have met of the whole culture.

AvP-R we meet another facet of the Predator culture, a 'cleaner', a Pred that cleans up mistakes!
makes sense that there would such a setup or system, what ever you want to call it, a sentinel group that watches over the hunters to step into action when things go wrong.

That said the technology these Preds have is more than just desirable by any culture they may come across, so it would make sense  that there is a whole war machine at the top who step up to the plate and kick but if one such alien becomes more than a little interested in obtaining what they have.

In all the films the humans want something from either race, Wayland wants an Alien to develop bio-weapons.
In the Pred films Yutani want Pred gear. The AvP films will give us the creation of the 'company'.
Wayland Bio division looking to get Aliens, Yutani looking to get Pred tech e.g. Stealth stuff.

Like I say we need Pred 3 to develop that aspect of the story....maybe adopt the games AvP approach to human involvement with the Predators and have a secret human facility (Area 51, etc) capture a Pred, young blood, and then have the Pred war machine come and sort that little mess out.

D88M

D88M

I love the idea, but until now the only thing that i liked was the AVP2 game, and the some pretty cool comic covers and drawings. Such a wasted potential :-\.

XENOWARRIOR

XENOWARRIOR

Quote from: Hawkmoon on Jan 27, 2008, 05:03:59 PM
What we need is the talked about Predator 3 movie....well once the writers strike ends that is!

Two predator films vs four Alien films ... we  need a third pure Pred film!

We know these guys have an honour code, and advanced tech, but there whole society does nothing else but hunt!!..... you sure.
Nah, these guys have a while society, the hunters are simply all we have met of the whole culture.

AvP-R we meet another facet of the Predator culture, a 'cleaner', a Pred that cleans up mistakes!
makes sense that there would such a setup or system, what ever you want to call it, a sentinel group that watches over the hunters to step into action when things go wrong.

That said the technology these Preds have is more than just desirable by any culture they may come across, so it would make sense  that there is a whole war machine at the top who step up to the plate and kick but if one such alien becomes more than a little interested in obtaining what they have.

In all the films the humans want something from either race, Wayland wants an Alien to develop bio-weapons.
In the Pred films Yutani want Pred gear. The AvP films will give us the creation of the 'company'.
Wayland Bio division looking to get Aliens, Yutani looking to get Pred tech e.g. Stealth stuff.

Like I say we need Pred 3 to develop that aspect of the story....maybe adopt the games AvP approach to human involvement with the Predators and have a secret human facility (Area 51, etc) capture a Pred, young blood, and then have the Pred war machine come and sort that little mess out.

wolf wasnt a cleaner as much as a soldier

DoomRulz

I love the concept, I think it's one of the best ideas ever. But they need to be done properly when it comes to movies. IMO, Alien vs. Predator is the most even grudge match in the history of grudge matches.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed