Aliens vs. Predator Requiem - Inside The Monster Shop

Started by War Wager, Nov 21, 2007, 04:53:55 PM

Author
Aliens vs. Predator Requiem - Inside The Monster Shop (Read 9,103 times)

Corporal Hicks

Isn't this just...the same book as we've always had? The behind the scenes one?

bobcunk

Quote from: SM on Dec 03, 2007, 01:43:36 AM
Cos they're for different films.

no i mean hat this is the only avpr making book.

Ellen Ripley

it looks like a good read 8)

Corporal Hicks

Titan Books just sent me a press release for the upcoming Alien vs Predator Requiem - Inside The Monster Shop, a making of book which takes you behind the scenes of the monster makers from the upcoming film:

ALIEN VS. PREDATOR: REQUIEM
INSIDE THE MONSTER SHOP
In space, no-one can hear you scream. On earth, it won't matter...

"We want to bring the franchise back to basics...That's what made them so frightening in the first place."
— Greg Strause, co-director

In 2004, two of the most iconic creatures of modern movies team came together in the blockbuster hit, AVP: Alien vs. Predator. Now, they are gearing up for a bloodthirsty return on 18th January 2008 in the eagerly anticipated follow-up from Twentieth Century Fox, Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem. When the warring alien races crash into small-town America to continue their battle, the unsuspecting residents find themselves caught in the deadly crossfire and must band together in order to survive.

Alien vs. Predator: Requiem – Inside the Monster Shop [Titan Books, 18 January 2008, £14.99] is a captivating behind-the-scenes look at the film, as special effects supervisors Tom Woodruff Jr. and Alec Gillis, veterans of the first AVP and the Alien sequels, open the doors of special effects studio ADI to reveal the secrets of the movie's stunning effects. A 'making of' book from the people in charge of the Creature Effects on the movie, Inside the Monster Shop allows readers to follow the talented crew in-studio and on location through conception to fabrication and finishing, in a visual feast that no monster movie fan will want to be without.

The Alien and Predator franchises have proved undiminished in their popularity for decades, generating a combined world box office of over £520 million. The 9 disc Alien Quadrilogy DVD boxset is one of the bestselling DVD collections of all time, and Titan Books has sold over 200,000 Alien and Predator related books, with Giger's Alien [9781852862190] still in print after 25 years.

Published on the same day as the movie's release, this fascinating look inside the visual effects of the film is an unmissable addition to the legacies of Alien and Predator.

Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff Jr are special effects supervisors/creature effects designers with Amalgamated Dynamics (ADI) and have supplied effects for Terminator, Spider-Man, Wolf, Tremors, and Aliens, Alien3 and Alien: Resurrection, to name but a few.

# # #

ALIEN VS. PREDATOR: REQUIEM – INSIDE THE MONSTER SHOP
Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff Jr.
TITAN BOOKS
18 JANUARY 2008
Paperback • £14.99 • 128pp • ISBN: 9781845769093

Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem ™ & © 2008 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
TITAN BOOKS IS A DIVISION OF TITAN PUBLISHING GROUP LTD. REGISTERED OFFICE: 144 SOUTHWARK STREET, LONDON, SE1 OUP.
VAT REG. NO. 607 9631 24 REG NO. 159937 REG. IN ENGLAND

The book is due out on the 24th of December in the US and the 18th of January for the UK. You can buy the book from Amazon.co.uk or Design Studio Press.

Space Disc Jockey

This shipped yesterday and I should recieve my copy tomorrow or the next day.

Corporal Hicks

Did you get a confirmation email?

Space Disc Jockey

Well, one of my family members ordered the book, so, I will have to ask. The Design Press website says the book ships Decemeber 24th, so I'm expecting the book this week.

BAMF Hunter

ya same here i looked on there website and it said it shipped the 24th, maybe they dont send conformation numbers out, i dont remember them doing it for the first one

BAMF Hunter

has anyone gotten theres yet or an email conformation that its been shipped or anything i tried emailing them but no response in 3 days

Space Disc Jockey

Just an update...have yet to recieve the book in the mail. I don't know what the heck is going on...

BAMF Hunter

ya its pissing me off  that they dont return an email, and there to cheap to have a phone number or anything

BAMF Hunter

BAMF Hunter

came in by fedex today! and it is awesome inside and out there is a few other shots in here that werent in the movie either that may be a deleted scene, no way of scanning them though.

Space Disc Jockey

That's good news. Now...just waiting for mine....

Darkness

Darkness

Here's some pictures courtesy of biohunter76:

Corporal Hicks

Wow. Some of those helmet designs blow. I'm still waiting on my copy. grrr

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed