Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 952,355 times)

WinterActual

WinterActual

He didn't said he didn't liked, he just said its bad RE game and it really is.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Calling something terrible usually implies it's not liked. In any event, why is it a bad RE game?

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 01, 2014, 05:51:03 AM
4 is a terrible terrible RE but fun game.

;)

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

To be honest I will never get RE 4 being called a terrible RE game.

It kept the horror elements. Ammo is still relatively low, the atmosphere is oozing everywhere, you can almost feel the stench of death and decay emanating from the game. Enemies could take a beating prior to fully upgrading your weapons. Creature design was disgusting and disturbing. The environments were varied, well designed and could still be claustrophobic. Even in New Game+ runs a careless mistake could screw you over and get you killed. Add in the bonus modes for extra replayability. New and refreshing gameplay redefining the series and genre. RE 4 was not a problem it was a good intention, RE 5 and sebsequent sequels were the ones that took it the wrong way.

tavianini19

tavianini19

I think it was the plot.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Personally I think its' a great RE game except for the army base section with the Helicopter support and all that nonsense

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Plot was deliciously gory exploitation film style fun, I f**king loved it, would make a great drive in movie.

Quote from: Deathbearer on Oct 01, 2014, 04:32:20 PM
Personally I think its' a great RE game except for the army base section with the Helicopter support and all that nonsense

Yeah that part was pretty stupid. :laugh:

Luckily it's only 10 minutes in a 20+ hour game. :P :laugh:

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Finished Burial at Sea Episode 2 last night. I really liked it, wish there was more of that to be honest.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

RE4 is a terrible RE game because it is what set RE on the footpath from being survival horror to survival action.  Its also over the top cheesy and camp.

It is the BEST of the new RE games, but it is a terrible old RE game for someone that grew up from that generation. 

They should've just let RE sit for awhile and went in their new direction with a new franchise. 

It just doesn't feel like RE. 

I remember playing it back in the day thinking it was easily one of the best PS2 games, but being dismayed at how un RE everything felt. 

WinterActual

WinterActual

Yes, I've said it many times so I won't go over this once again and I will just say that it turned the shooting into offensive shooting if you know what I mean. In the previous RE games you were using your guns only if it was needed/for personal defense. In RE4 after the first few levels you just plow through enemies. Sorry, thats not RE.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 01, 2014, 05:36:01 PM
for someone that grew up from that generation. 

I guess that where our differences lie for the game then. Having grown up in mostly the PS2/Xbox/GC (being born too late to really experience the N64/PS1 era except for their last year :P) era my first official experience with RE was the REmake on Gamecube and the sequels quickly followed as they were ported. So I didn't have nearly the same expectations or time spent with them either, I was just looking forward to the actual next game. :P

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Lol, as if the older games weren't cheesy and camp. And I could kill nearly 99% of the enemies in RE2 without breaking a sweat.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 01, 2014, 09:01:01 PMAnd I could nearly 99% of the enemies in RE2 without breaking a sweat.

LULZ

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: ShadowPred on Oct 01, 2014, 09:05:09 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 01, 2014, 09:01:01 PMAnd I could nearly 99% of the enemies in RE2 without breaking a sweat.

LULZ

What it's true. :P

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 01, 2014, 05:36:01 PM
Its also over the top cheesy and camp.

Did you ever play any of the original RE games? They might as well have started a camp called Cheese.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed