What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 150,745 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 15, 2012, 02:29:25 AM
You were lucky. It's amazing your neighbour didn't call your parents after the visit.
They found out later, and didn't care :P

Pred-man201

Pred-man201

I started when i watched Predator when i was 5

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 15, 2012, 02:35:09 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 15, 2012, 02:29:25 AM
You were lucky. It's amazing your neighbour didn't call your parents after the visit.
They found out later, and didn't care :P

You're extremely luck then lol. My mum would've flipped had I been you.

Celtic Warrior

Celtic Warrior

My baptism by fire to the predator franchise begun when i was 8 years old, i watched a tv-taped VHS entitled 'predator 1 kids DO NOT WATCH', naturally first time they popped out to the shop for any length of time i stuck it on and low and behold was hooked (and mentally scarred lol) for life.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 15, 2012, 02:12:02 AM
Most kids had Star Wars--I had Alien. I was either four or five at the time, when I looked up from my Jurassic Park coloring book to see an ad for Alien on the Sci-Fi Channel. It looked like the most amazing thing I'd ever seen. I managed to remember the day it was on and begged my parents to change the channel to Sci-Fi--and after much whining they complied, but, alas, I had missed most of it and only saw the last act. No matter--that was enough to galvanize my love of all things Alien. I somehow found out that our neighbor owned the trilogy on VHS, and innocently knocked on her door, asking to borrow it. I can still recall perfectly the nervous double take she gave, considering these were R-rated films and I was barely out of kindergarten. "Do you have your parents' permission?" I lied and said, "yes." Victory. I took the boxset home and duped it in our VCR, and then proceeded to watch all three of them nearly every day for what must have been a couple of years. I cannot begin to estimate how many times I've seen the original trilogy--to paraphrase Ripley in AlienĀ³, "You've been in my life so long, I can't remember anything else."

That's the most amazing AvPGalaxy story I ever heard.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I first saw Alien when I was 7, or something around that age, when I came downstairs at night, after my brothers where asleep, to watch TV with my parents.

One night I go down there was a film, just starting called "ALIEN" I sit down and watch it with my parents, I was terrified when it got to the facehugger scene and the rest of the film. I had nightmares that night but the next day, I go downstairs and "ALIENS" was on the TV, I watch that, knowing how scared to death I was of the 1st film, but a I watch it. Nightmares persist. The third night, I go down and watch the TV premiere of "ALIEN 3". Why I decided to watch another one of these films, after being scared shitless of the other films, I don't know, but I loved everything about the movies, even though they scared me and gave me nightmares for weeks, to the point in which my parents had to wake me up and tell me its a dream.

They where like nothing I had ever seen, but so addicting in a way, the design, sets, actors and the alines themselves, what a fascinating thing. I never thought I would be hooked for life.

I can't remember when I first saw Predator, maybe before Alien, but it wasn't scary, just amazing, you just wanted to look at the creature itself, it was an amazing design, so threatening and the idea of it beating up Arnie and easy killing these other massive scary guys, made it such an ultimate enemy.

But to the eyes of a kid, it was a scary, bad ass monster and still is.

HUTSON

HUTSON

I was a Predator Fan before i discovered ALIEN, Saw Predator 2 and fell in love, plus the backdrop of LA being what it was interested me as at that time in life I felt LA would look like that before 2000.

I discovered the ALIENs later, when my brother rented ALIENs and of course i watched as it had Marines as i was a Marine's son, I think i prefer Predator and the USCMC to the Aliends though

Don PapI

Don PapI

I first saw ALIENS when i was like 4-5, i like it i was amazed with the strangue and bizare creatures in it, and with the history of ripley and newt, then i discovered ALIEN 3 and ALIEN RESURRECTION, love them, personally i felt in love with the alien XD, then i saw ALIEN and my brother introduce my the PREDATOR i like 2, then i saw PREDATOR 2 and i like it alot, start watch them, again and again and again

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

Fan?! Hah! I eat Xenomorphs for breakfast. I harvest the eggs and let my cats play with and eat the newborns. Don't worry, my cats are pretty tough, they went to boot camp with R. Lee Ermey!

jeremy_ray

jeremy_ray

H.R. Giger and Syd Mead.  The rest is o.k. but I doubt Alien would have been a hit without Giger.  Mead is more interchangeable with other artists, like Ron Cobb, but he's still one of the greats.

HUGZZ

HUGZZ

I became a fan after wacthing avp when I was 9. I remember begging my mom to let me watch it cause I use to see displays of alien costumes at a cinaplex and think "damn those things are cool"  and when I eventually did see it I got hooked, after that I watched Aliens in a motel room and got even more hooked :) I love the alien and predator franchise and I'm pretty sure I always will :D

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

My dad had seen the original Alien when it first came out; I didn't know that it was connected to the Aliens franchise (this was when the original action figure series was being hyped on television).  I had always loved the xenomorph design, but I had never found time to actually get into the franchise.

Then in about late 1998, I saw the tpb of Superman vs. Aliens in a local Borders.  It struck me as such a bizarre combination, so I went ahead and read it.  Lo and behold, the artwork and story was blown away, and soon, I was looking at the other Aliens graphic novels that they had (this was when they were packaged as individual stories, not omnibuses).  Reading AvP: War, I then became hooked on the Predator franchise as well, though Aliens always remained my favorite.

Vepariga

Vepariga

I was 5 and Dad was watching a movie on tv. I asked 'whats this?' he said 'Alien..you might get scared.'

I sat down,as soon as the facehugger got on kane i was scared. Once the chestburster scene happened I ran to my bed.
few minutes past and I heard Dad calling out 'come here! come here! wanna see the alien?'
I was too scared lol

But from that moment I was obsessed,I could not shake what I saw and wanted to see it again. After I saw the whole movie I was a fan for life.

mum wasnt too happy though.

TheDude

TheDude

I grew up in Milwaukie OR where dark horse comics is located and they have statues of Alien and Predator in town, so when I saw the movie at like age 5 I was hooked, I even got to see Alien 3 in theater. Alien and Aliens have been my favorite movies since the first time I watched them and have been a major part of my life since then.

Evilution

Evilution

I sat up with my dad when i was 5 years old and watched aliens, i was blown away and also left a little bit spooked lol and have been a huge fan ever since.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed