Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android?

Human
393 (59.6%)
Android
266 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 609

Author
Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android? (Read 357,313 times)

maledoro

I guess that by using that logic, the United Kingdom doesn't exist as I've never seen it for myself.

The Ultimate Predator

Lol, no. Its just by his acting, it seems he appears really normal after it happens, despite the slight bending over.

maledoro

And the yelps and cries and grimaces, oh my...

The Ultimate Predator

But its not that much.

Anyways, I'm only going by what I remember, I've got to sit down and watch it soon.

maledoro

Please do. Especially the Special Edition.

The Ultimate Predator

Thats what I watched last time.

Darkness

Just found some screens in my photobucket account of the scene. From the theatrical I think:

Mystic Lemons

Mystic Lemons

I think they're from the special edition. One looks like it's from the bit where they cut out him telling the men to turn off the cameras. And the bit where he looks horrified at his bloody hand. Right around where he screams out "I AM NOT A DROOOOOOIIID!!!!".

;)

G.C. Samaras

Ah, another classic topic we used to argue about on Alien Experience.

I am pretty sure we concluded for this that AvP was not "somehow" canon as Bishop in Alien 3 and AvP are both human. If we can agree on that, then genetics would dictate that the Bishop in Alien 3 would look totally different from his ancestor in AvP.

maledoro

Quote from: GC_Samaras on Dec 15, 2006, 03:33:45 AM
I am pretty sure we concluded for this that AvP was not "somehow" canon as Bishop in Alien 3 and AvP are both human. If we can agree on that, then genetics would dictate that the Bishop in Alien 3 would look totally different from his ancestor in AvP.
Not necessarily. There are a lot of cases of people looking like their ancestors. I'm one of them.

The Ultimate Predator

Indeed, I know a lot of people that look exactly (and I mean exactly) like their ancestors.

maledoro

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 15, 2006, 02:42:49 PM
Indeed, I know a lot of people that look exactly (and I mean exactly) like their ancestors.
When I went to Italy, I had to endure standing next to paintings of my ancestors so that "we" could be photographed "together" to capture the resemblance.

The Ultimate Predator

Lol, know what you mean. A photo was taken of a person two generations ago, and then two generations later down the line, that granddaughter looks exactly the same as in the photo.

G.C. Samaras

To reply to the above, the odds are extremely unlikely of resembing your ancestors so many generations back (200 years is approximately 8 generations). I calculated a 0.4% probability of the resemblance being identical if genetic dominance between the partners is equal (which we will have to assume unless someone can bring me forward something more concrete).

The Ultimate Predator

Maybe, but it isn't impossible...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed