New ReelzChannel AvP2 Segment

Started by Darkness, Mar 03, 2007, 10:12:12 PM

Author
New ReelzChannel AvP2 Segment (Read 13,658 times)

Skynetdyne

Skynetdyne

ok thanks guys I was in the dark on that one. I gotta watch my Quad again I missed that.

Stalker

Stalker

The clip wasn't bad, but it didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. They showed a few of the costumes from previous movies & explained some of the basics about how the alien head worked, but we saw nothing about AVP2 at all. A little dissapointing in my opinion.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I hate the fact I didn't see anything new, but the truth is I would rather not see anything until the very day I go see the movie, the surprise will be worth it. I want to be surprised but on the other hand I want to see something now!! >:( It's chaos!

Corporal Hicks

Damnit! I was just about to post this!   >:(  

Darkness

Darkness

I'm just too fast for ya, Hicks.

Corporal Hicks

Bah. I was half way through the article when your's went online.    :P   Shame there wasn't more AVP2 stuff though. But I guess this means we'll be having a new head too.

SiL

SiL

Some mention of the changes they did for the Alien would'a nicely complimented their mention of what they did for the Predator, but I guess they did that with her constantly talking about all the work they did on them. Interesting nonetheless.

ridetofight

ridetofight

those guys created the alien? man, i always thought it was some artist guy named something like... giger? i like all the shots that they show from alien... because these guys didn't have anything to do with it. sorry to sound negative, but honestly, if you're going to report news and inform people, you might want to do some research. i liked the alien 3 creature a lot, but from there, these guys pretty much destroyed it.

Ermac

Ermac

Exactly what I said on IMDb. These guys blatently took credit for the Alien and Predator designs, when in fact their "versions" just plain sucked.  No-one likes you, ADI.

Darkness

Darkness

They weren\'t the ones who took credit for the alien designs. It was the news reporter who said they had created them. But yeah, I agree Res wasn\'t their best work. The Newborn was pretty bad and the alien designs weren\'t great. I thought the AvP alien designs looked a lot better. But it\'s what happened with the Predators what really gets to me. Apparently, Paul Anderson insisted on using foam for the designs which is why they looked as bad as they did. But sure, nothing will ever be as good as the originals.

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

I think that everybody who has watched Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruf Jr. on the Extra discs of Alien Quatrilogy know that they reveer H.R. Giger and not take credit for his original designs... This has just been the reporter misspeaking, that's all...  Also, I think Gillis and Wodruff, as former Stan Winston's compadres, ought to have made a realistic visage of the Predator...If you all remember Stan's designs from Pred I and II, he went to the trouble of drawing veins on the inside mouth of the Predator...and of course, wetting the skin to make it look more organic...In AVP, they failed to emulate those designs and the result was a skin that looked fake and a inner mouth that looked painted...Poor work there, guys! Nevertheless, these two are the best to do both designs, and that is why although the STrause brothers have their own FX companym they prefered to use ADI fot the Creature FX...

SiL

SiL

HydraulX work on digital effects, not creature making.

Skynetdyne

Skynetdyne

Did any one else notice the Queen Face hugger in the video? I was like WTF? When was that used?? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Skynetdyne/QueenFace.jpg

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

It's in the extended version of Alien 3, It was taken out of the Theatrical cut.

gyro

gyro

practice makes perfect maybe we will be suprised in a good way with the  new predator

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed