AvPGalaxy Interview with Brian Tyler

Started by Darkness, Oct 23, 2007, 11:32:57 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Interview with Brian Tyler (Read 9,918 times)

Rhys

Rhys

He seems to generally know what he's doing in terms of direction for the score. Great news, whilst I kinda enjoyed the first, it was kinda bland in places, so here's to hoping Tyler can pull it off. I'd love some Alien3 like tones, but that's me.

Deco

Deco

Why O why, (not just for this film but for all highly intense action movies) dont composers use big battle themes with a chanting choir anymore?!!!!   It is single handedly the only element that can transform a fight scene from a good one, to a truely great one.

csutkakoma

Great news!! But im not understand something. My english is not perfect yet! Smiley  Brian told this:  "Well, there is a section of the movie that is 44 straight minutes of music. To tell the story musically and have ebb, flow, dynamics, while continue to ratchet up the tension is extremely difficult. But of course, that is why composing films is such a great job."  That means the music in the film will be only 44 minutes long?   ???  Or i just missunderstand something?!   ;D  

csutkakoma

"Why O why, (not just for this film but for all highly intense action movies) dont composers use big battle themes with a chanting choir anymore?!!!!"  The AvPR is not the movie what it needs the "chanting choir" music. That is Star Wars and it already has.

zen

zen

csutkakoma:He means that the one track is 44 minutes long.And theres going to be other tracks as well.And personaly i dont think a choir whould work.

zen

zen

csutkakoma:I was agreeing with you by the way.

csutkakoma

Thx zen!   ;D  

Optimus Virus

Optimus Virus

RE: Rhys. yeh some Alien 3 type tones would be cool! but Alien has the best score    ;D  

Mr. Teal

Mr. Teal

"chanting choir" is good, but it can only work for some films but not AvP, i think the score in AvPR will b better than AvP.

Starkiller

Cool! I really hope the music is like the first two alien movies with a hint of alien 3 and the predator 'tribal' theme .

Xenomorphine

'Alien 3' was far from being 'Star Wars' and it probably has the most obvious chanting choir of all.

Corporal Hicks

Oh, I do love the vocal bits after the fire stuff in A3. I forget the track name. The tracks are so long I can't remember what comes where.

predator rocks

Tyler is a legend!!!!!! loved his Bubba Ho-Tep score   8)     ;D     ;)  

zen

zen

OMG!.I saw Bubba-Ho -Tep!.That thing is so messed up!.

zen

zen

Its funny.I said about Brian Tyler months ago and i never got a thank you   :(  .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed