Mad Max: Fury Road

Started by nukem11, Oct 22, 2007, 06:48:31 PM

Author
Mad Max: Fury Road (Read 147,024 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

While not as spiky as the porcupine looking car in the new trailer, spiked vehicles aren't really new to the series. The Road Warrior's tanker:

Could just be that the spikes on the new vehicle are for aesthetic purposes (I quite like 'em), but they could also be a sort of defensive mechanism. Maybe someone mounts on top of the car, as people so often tend to do in these films, and the spikes act as a sort of barrier that makes it pretty hard for other people to hop on and knock the him/her off. Like giant barbed wire or something.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: SM on Jul 31, 2014, 11:12:34 AM
I remember seeing Beyond Thunderdome in the city in 1985.  I was obsessed with it for years.  I still love the opening with One Of The Living and the floating through the air until Max gets mugged by Jedediah.  Nowadays I think it sags in parts (but then so does the first one), but from when they leave Crack In The Earth, it's fantastic.

I think Miller (and Ogilvie) really embraced the landscape on this one.  In the second flick, the landscape is bleak and forbidding.  In this one, it's often beautiful.  When I saw Luhrmann's Australia I hoped it would be a love letter to the land in the same way LOTR was to New Zealand.  Beyond Thunderdome still holds that title for mine.
You surprise me sometimes, SM.  In a good way.  :)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Hubbs on Aug 01, 2014, 07:08:25 AM
if anyone is interested ;)
lol newp

Rong

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Hubbs on Jul 31, 2014, 06:19:57 AM
After perusing through old pics of the classic first two films I have come to the conclusion that the vehicles in this new movie are simply too outlandish, crazy and over the top.

If you look at the original films the vehicles are the way they are for a purpose, bits of steel tacked on for makeshift armour, windscreen protection, ramming etc...The vehicles are also ideal for the terrain but look like they've been chopped and modded with limited resources (probably actual limited resources and budget constraints). It all looks very earthy, grounded, cheap and quite realistic.

In the new film everything looks too expensive and clearly modded by very skilled people that had lots of tools and resources. In short it doesn't really look as though these folk are living in a barren bleak resource-less wilderness. It just looks like they've all build these vehicles in a local garage and are out for a bit of banger racing (remember that anyone?) in makeup and silly outfits.

Sure it looks great with the live action real time stunts and crashes but why do I get the feeling they've kinda missed the point a bit here and there...well aware of the director.

Feel free to mock of course. I realise I've just ruffled many feathers in many various age groups underpants that cum at the sight of anything shown in a Comic Con ;)

Totally agree. As I said before the cars in the new movie are overdone. Too much chrome and too much accessories. I liked how in MM2 the cars are rusted and have busted pieces here and there and the modifications were often made out of household items. Now every car is made of fabricated parts made especially for their purpose and not modifying for the needs of the owner. Its not a big deal for the average viewer but the Mad Max, post apoc and wasteland survival fanatics are against such SEMA/perfect looking cars. The creators should have consulted with the people from Wasteland Weekend, because they are the true fans after all. But I guess they care more for the kids and the rest of the PG-13 scum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGrdnp0KTLo#ws

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: WinterActual on Aug 01, 2014, 06:39:58 PM
The creators should have consulted with the people from Wasteland Weekend, because they are the true fans after all.
:laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

"true fans"

Rong

Rong

The autism is reaching new heights in this thread.

I can amp it up more, mm2 is ridiculous and unrealistic, in a world with no gusolenne they waste more trying to appropriate it, in that situation any fuel reserves would be used for heating / lighting / cooking before it would be used for transportation, but who gives a shit cause mad max 2 is a fun film.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Not to mention 'dat boomerang scene. 8)

SM

SM

QuoteThe autism is reaching new heights in this thread.

Thought I wandered into a Mensa meeting...

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: WinterActual on Aug 01, 2014, 06:39:58 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on Jul 31, 2014, 06:19:57 AM
After perusing through old pics of the classic first two films I have come to the conclusion that the vehicles in this new movie are simply too outlandish, crazy and over the top.

If you look at the original films the vehicles are the way they are for a purpose, bits of steel tacked on for makeshift armour, windscreen protection, ramming etc...The vehicles are also ideal for the terrain but look like they've been chopped and modded with limited resources (probably actual limited resources and budget constraints). It all looks very earthy, grounded, cheap and quite realistic.

In the new film everything looks too expensive and clearly modded by very skilled people that had lots of tools and resources. In short it doesn't really look as though these folk are living in a barren bleak resource-less wilderness. It just looks like they've all build these vehicles in a local garage and are out for a bit of banger racing (remember that anyone?) in makeup and silly outfits.

Sure it looks great with the live action real time stunts and crashes but why do I get the feeling they've kinda missed the point a bit here and there...well aware of the director.

Feel free to mock of course. I realise I've just ruffled many feathers in many various age groups underpants that cum at the sight of anything shown in a Comic Con ;)

Totally agree. As I said before the cars in the new movie are overdone. Too much chrome and too much accessories. I liked how in MM2 the cars are rusted and have busted pieces here and there and the modifications were often made out of household items. Now every car is made of fabricated parts made especially for their purpose and not modifying for the needs of the owner. Its not a big deal for the average viewer but the Mad Max, post apoc and wasteland survival fanatics are against such SEMA/perfect looking cars. The creators should have consulted with the people from Wasteland Weekend, because they are the true fans after all. But I guess they care more for the kids and the rest of the PG-13 scum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGrdnp0KTLo#ws

Wait wait wait wait guys...whoa!!! someone is agreeing with me here. Let me at least bask in the glory for a little while sheesh!

Quote from: Cal427eb on Aug 01, 2014, 12:20:43 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on Aug 01, 2014, 07:08:25 AM
if anyone is interested ;)
lol newp

Go ooooooon, have a peek ;)

PsyKore

PsyKore

I don't know this new actor playing Max very well, but he doesn't seem to have the same intensity as Mel did. I still look forward to the film though.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Hubbs on Aug 02, 2014, 03:39:03 AMWait wait wait wait guys...whoa!!! someone is agreeing with me here. Let me at least bask in the glory for a little while sheesh!

"Oh wow! WinterActual agrees with Hubbs! I never saw that coming."
- No One Ever

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 01, 2014, 07:37:21 PM
Not to mention 'dat boomerang scene. 8)
The boomerangs are used as hunting weapons for centuries. You can totally kill someone or something with battle boomerang.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 01, 2014, 07:06:39 PM
"true fans"

Yeah, people who care about the lore of the film. You seem not to give a damn a all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed