Facehuggers

Started by The Chibi Kiriyama, Oct 17, 2007, 10:05:33 PM

Author
Facehuggers (Read 44,884 times)

Highland

a hint for the next AVP/alien director....

"do not change anything"

It seems the only way to keep some fans happy?  :D 

Even a small patch of pink flesh on the facehugger (that you'll not catch in the movie).....take note!

Vemados

Right now I'm reading Aliens: Steel Egg and the facehuggers spit acid.  I'm guessing they'll do smething similar in this movie, and the spitter part is colored pink so it doens't look like the acid is coming from nowhere.

Ballzanya

Quote from: Vemados on Nov 27, 2007, 02:58:49 AM
Right now I'm reading Aliens: Steel Egg and the facehuggers spit acid.  I'm guessing they'll do smething similar in this movie, and the spitter part is colored pink so it doens't look like the acid is coming from nowhere.

They never could spit acid, only secrete it when attached to something. (In order to get through to the hosts face)They don't have a mouth, just the ovipositor/tube.
And if they spit acid from the pink part of them in this movie, That is disappointing indeed, and would be another f**k up related to the aliens.

Vemados

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 27, 2007, 03:01:53 AM

They never could spit acid, only secrete it when attached to something. (In order to get through to the hosts face)They don't have a mouth, just the ovipositor/tube.
And if they spit acid from the pink part of them in this movie, That is disappointing indeed, and would be another f**k up related to the aliens.

Yeah in the book the acid comes from the ovipositor but I wasn't going to put it past them that they'd change that.  Otherwise, I guess it's a sensory organ of some kind, it looks like it has two pits like a pit viper does.  You know, it would make sense for the facehuggers to sense the heat of their prey.  That could be what triggers the eggs, too.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Vemados on Nov 27, 2007, 03:07:23 AM

Yeah in the book the acid comes from the ovipositor but I wasn't going to put it past them that they'd change that.  Otherwise, I guess it's a sensory organ of some kind, it looks like it has two pits like a pit viper does.  You know, it would make sense for the facehuggers to sense the heat of their prey.  That could be what triggers the eggs, too.

No, what triggers the egg is changes in heat/air density near the egg. While the facehugger is still within, the egg and the facehugger are sort of one organism in symbiosis, that can surivive for an indeifnite amount of time, due to slowing down its metabolism etc.
The egg basically has its own rudamentary nervous system and its the egg that detects the prey and then via adrenaline as well as other chemicals, awakens the facehugger. The "roots"/tendrils seen below the eggs, either serve as extensions of such a nervous system or to receive nutrients from the hive itself.

Weasel

Quote from: Weasel on Nov 27, 2007, 12:24:40 AM
Maybe they spit acid now.  ::)

Ballzanya

Quote from: Weasel on Nov 27, 2007, 03:15:43 AM

Quote from: Weasel on Nov 27, 2007, 12:24:40 AM
Maybe they spit acid now.  ::)

Its most likely just ADI making changes just to be different.

Vemados

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 27, 2007, 03:11:13 AM

No, what triggers the egg is changes in heat/air density near the egg. While the facehugger is still within, the egg and the facehugger are sort of one organism in symbiosis, that can surivive for an indeifnite amount of time, due to slowing down its metabolism etc.
The egg basically has its own rudamentary nervous system and its the egg that detects the prey and then via adrenaline as well as other chemicals, awakens the facehugger. The "roots"/tendrils seen below the eggs, either serve as extensions of such a nervous system or to receive nutrients from the hive itself.

Knew all that already, I meant that heat triggers the eggs as well as guides the facehugger when it emerges.  "Changes in heat/air density" as you said.

Ballzanya

Quote from: Vemados on Nov 27, 2007, 03:21:41 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 27, 2007, 03:11:13 AM

Knew all that already, I meant that heat triggers the eggs as well as guides the facehugger when it emerges.  "Changes in heat/air density" as you said.

ok. I thought you meant the pink part on the facehugger triggered the egg to open when you said that.

Vemados

Yeah after I posted it I thought you might think that, but what the hell  :)

Weasel

Reminds me of the hugger throbbing' in the egg in Alien. It might of been the hugger 'waking up'.

SM

SM

QuoteFacehuggers have never had eyes...

They did in 1978.

genocyber

looks ok to me

Sheriff Eddie Morales

I know one thing-the facehuggers are a way different in AvP R.

Jango1201

Quote from: SM on Nov 27, 2007, 03:45:36 AM
QuoteFacehuggers have never had eyes...

They did in 1978.

Meaning what?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed