Facehuggers

Started by The Chibi Kiriyama, Oct 17, 2007, 10:05:33 PM

Author
Facehuggers (Read 44,938 times)

Master

I think that they had on concept arts, like alien had eyes on concept arts.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: SM on Nov 27, 2007, 12:30:50 AM
Similar folds of sking have been there since 1979.  Why are they pink?  No sense of subtlety.  Continuously "improving" on something that has never needed improving.

Amen to that. The bottom of the facehugger tells you everything you need to know.

vehtam

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 27, 2007, 03:17:48 AM
Its most likely just ADI making changes just to be different.

I'm tellin you man, there are only two explanations to this:

1. They are bunch of morons with absolute lack of talent in designing/updating (however their animatronic are quite good)

2. They are gaining pleasure from destroying and fu*king up everything they touch related to alien/predator.

I wouldn't be suprised, if some of them lock up in the room with chet figure, when everybody else is gone and no one is watching, and telling her 'we screwed you real good, didn't we? oh yeah baby, we screwed you up real good' while mastrubating.

darkfaerytales

Quote from: vehtam on Nov 27, 2007, 08:53:52 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 27, 2007, 03:17:48 AM
Its most likely just ADI making changes just to be different.

I'm tellin you man, there are only two explanations to this:

1. They are bunch of morons with absolute lack of talent in designing/updating (however their animatronic are quite good)

2. They are gaining pleasure from destroying and fu*king up everything they touch related to alien/predator.

I wouldn't be suprised, if some of them lock up in the room with chet figure, when everybody else is gone and no one is watching, and telling her 'we screwed you real good, didn't we? oh yeah baby, we screwed you up real good' while mastrubating.

HAHAHAHAHAH :D GUY YOU MADE ME LAUGH TO DIE  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D AHAHAHAH

Jango1201

I'm completly open minded about the face hugger acid spitting idea. In every alien movie something new was introduced. weather good or bad these ideas have stuck with alien lore so if this is the case lets see how it turns out. You might be surprised.   8)

$cHm0cK

Looks fine to me ...

greetz

TheAncientEnemy

I can't believe you people. Relax. It's a pink area the size of a postage stamp. When Aliens was in production the warriors were painted all kinds of browns with gold highlights so they would show up with the lighting. Go complain about that oif you're so concerned about your precious original vision. I doubt it will even be visible on screen.

Anyway, I'm fine with facehuggers secreting acid. "Spitting" it like a projectile would be weird because it completely changes the idea of the facehugger from being, for the most part, defenseless and only living to serve one purpose.

However, it's very clear that in Alien as well as Alien 3 that the facehugger has some means of secreting acid in order to get to hosts' faces.

Vemados

Yeah Greg said that the final version would look really different.

xenomorph36

i'm not sure about facehuggers but dont they actually DO SPIT ACID? i mean how the f**k did the face hugger from the first movie face hug the victim when the dude was wearing a space helmet? it's been like more than a decade since i saw the film but as far as i remember the space helmet got MELTED. anyway, any alien scientists want to tell me what that was?

XenoVC

remember the Fangoria pics?the Pink spot was pretty bright

Foundationman2

I agree that the pink spot is a sensory area. They've had that area since the first movie, but it wasn't so pronounced. All the facehuggers in previous movies had their hosts waiting just outside the egg, but in avp-r, they've been locked in stasis for who knows how long, that the original prey has already passed on and once it awakens from stasis, it will probably have developed a new way to find prey, because the last thing it remembers was the host being there, but then he wasn't. Maybe a long range heat sensor?

SM

SM

QuoteI think that they had on concept arts, like alien had eyes on concept arts.

Yup.  One of the later designs had a single eye in the middle of it's 'back' and is described in the novelisation.

Major Alan Schaefer

didn't they have a little bit of pink in the area though...i know a good bit less than that but still some

SM

SM

No there was no "pink bit".

Major Alan Schaefer

anyone got a pic? i just can't remember i know it was not near as big as that one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed