Brian Tyler Interview

Started by Darkness, Feb 24, 2007, 07:57:59 PM

Author
Brian Tyler Interview (Read 5,816 times)

Darkness

Darkness

A new interview with AvP2 music composer, Brian Tyler, has appeared at MovieMusicUK.us. The interview covers a lot of different things but he mentions that he’s recording AvP2 soon in LA and tells us a little about what his approach is going to be for the score:

BT: …Of course, there’s the next “Alien vs. Predator” movie, and I’ll be recording that soon, here in Los Angeles. And it’s obvious, anyone who knows me knows I’m a massive sci-fi fan, so venturing into the Aliens and Predator world, there’s no words to describe how cool that is for me.

CD: Is your score going to follow any of those directions, or…?

BT: What I would like to try and do with this one is to really go back to what I think worked in the original “Alien”… “Alien”, “Aliens”… well, Goldenthal’s is a great score, too, they’re all great scores, Frizzell’s, I love them all, but we’re really trying to echo the early ones, as well as Alan’s score for “Predator”. So we are going to be delving into those areas, the sonic template for it will be very orchestral and very natural. It’s not going to be keyboard-y or overproduced, not the hyperproduced sort of thing.

A lot of people do that very well, Hans is great at that very slick sound, but we’re going go the other way on that, go for a very primal sound. It reflect the primal nature of both aliens and predators, if you go back and watch the originals, they’re very primal. The original “Alien”, some of that stuff, it’s so organic, so exciting. There’s a bit of military stuff going on, and there’s some of that in “Aliens”, it had a little bit of a military sound. But, you know, it’s a bit like going to my childhood, being able to experience that again. The directors are great, the movie’s coming along great, so really looking forward to that.

Thanks to John for the news.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I really want some nice grand vocal tracks in there.

The Ultimate Predator

Good news. From what we hear, AvP2 sounds better and better.

Hankerson

Hankerson

As far as I'm concerned this is very good news. I can't tell you how many times I've watched "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" just because I love the music. For me the score is half of the experience. Brian Tyler's work on "Children of Dune" and "Timeline" were above what I expected from him and I can only hope on AvP2. I'm a movie music fiend; most of my CDs are soundtracks.

I look forward to analyzing the score for AvP2; you can't go wrong when you draw from the classics.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

I hope they bring in the music from Predator 2, when Danny Glover is on board of the Spaceship, i love the mystery of the music, it would be great to hear that again in AvP2

Izz

Izz

He mentioned the Goldenthal score for Alien 3. Respect.   8)  

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I hope we get some stringy and vocal stuff in there.

Ermac

Ermac

I absolutely love the score for Alien3, especially the moment when Ripley falls into the lead. It was very emotional and whelled up a great sence of conclusion for teh whole trilogy.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Alien 3's score was nothing short of amazing.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I keep hearing good things about this movie, but I keep seeing nothing.

Ermac

Ermac

It's called hype. When bits of infomation come out which look promising, the audience's expectations rise. I'm remaining pesimistic until I see a trailer.

Hankerson

Hankerson

As far as I’m concerned this is very good news. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve watched “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly” just because I love the music. For me the score is half of the experience. Brian Tyler’s work on “Children of Dune” and “Timeline” were above what I expected from him and I can only hope on AvP2. I’m a movie music fiend; most of my CDs are soundtracks.

gyro

gyro

what would starwars have been without the score

JaredK21

JaredK21

A bunch of guys playing with their sticks.

Darkoo

Darkoo

UK Release Date:4 January 2008 ! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758730/releaseinfo

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed