AvPR Interview with Chelah Horsdal

Started by Darkness, Oct 02, 2007, 07:48:09 PM

Author
AvPR Interview with Chelah Horsdal (Read 17,173 times)

tommygun

Another interview with a minor character that reveals little...her track record is a bit player in tv series and movies...nothing outstanding..examples "woman in elevator ", "psychic", "suicidal woman"...she is probably glad to get the work.

War Wager

Quote from: War Wager on Oct 02, 2007, 08:17:48 PM
I'm betting her character will witness the death of her husband and son.  :-\ Isn't there a quick scene near the end of the Red Band where she is up-close to the camera screaming?

Oh wait, she says that she didn't have any scenes with them.

Alienseseses

Who was she in smallville?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Sounds awesome. I can't wailt for this movie now.

SiL

But she really didn't tell us anything we didn't already know ... :-\

Demonio Cazador

Quote from: Gates on Oct 02, 2007, 07:08:59 PM
What in the seven hells is this woman talking about!? It's good to know they are putting an actor in a franchise cross-over movie, that doesn't know sh!t about the original franchises...very encouraging... :-\
Oh man...you're too funny....

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

Quote from: Aeus on Oct 02, 2007, 07:23:27 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 02, 2007, 07:12:57 PM
What I'm finding very more interesting is the secrecy about the movie. Chelah only read about 60% of the script.

I like the secrecy, it allows me to not actually spoil the movie for myself like I did Transformers, Spider-man 3 etc, etc.

yep, i stopped watching the trailers.   i want it to be fresh when i'm watching in the theater.   although some images are impossible to get out of my mind.  like those 2 dudes getting thier heads blasted off in that store by the wolf.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Master on Oct 02, 2007, 07:05:48 PM
Why I am not convinced? She told that she is a fan of Alien and Aliens and then she said that AvP was amazeing??? I just don`t get it.

I'd mostly agree with her comments. That doesn't meant to say I'm not a fan. The film did come up with an inventive and refreshing way of crossing the franchises over. It had hits and misses, in terms of how it executed those ideas, but that's something else.

It had things I wished it hadn't done, but I could say the same about some of the other films, too. Still doesn't detract me or her from being fans.

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 02, 2007, 07:28:24 PM
Hmm, I didn't realise those two out hunting were connected to Chelah's character.

From the looks of it, neither did she. :)

I think it was interesting, though, that she came up with a sort of back-story for her own character. It shows she was invested in the role. Also, the film's fake production name was relased, back when they were trying to hide what production it was. 'Colorado Nights'.

Gates

Quote from: Demonio Cazador on Oct 02, 2007, 09:52:12 PM
Oh man...you're too funny....http://www.nvision.pl/forum/style_emoticons/nvision/rotfl.gifhttp://www.nvision.pl/forum/style_emoticons/nvision/rotfl.gifhttp://www.nvision.pl/forum/style_emoticons/nvision/rotfl.gif

I don't think it's funny...it's actually pretty fu<king sad...are you people blind!? She thinks that AvP explained the origin of the aliens <-------- this makes sense how...?

Uncanny Antman

Who gives a shit if she knows anything about the previous films?

Sigourney signed on to Aliens without reading any of the script except for her own lines...why not take her to task for that?

Gates

Before she did Aliens, there was only one film prior to it...in which she stared in...I'm sorry but at this stage there are seven films collectively (if we count AvP which we have too), of which Ms. Horsdal has appeared in not one...sorry every a$$hole actor knows that you have to research your source material before you prepare for a part and in this case Alien and Aliens is not the only source material...

Uncanny Antman

Why does an actor have to do research?  If the character was required to have special knowledge, maybe...but she's supposed to be clueless about Aliens and Predators, so what difference does it make if the actress herself knows nuthin'?

Demonio Cazador

Quote from: Gates on Oct 03, 2007, 03:46:46 AM

I don't think it's funny...it's actually pretty fu<king sad...are you people blind!? She thinks that AvP explained the origin of the aliens <-------- this makes sense how...?

I think it's hilarious, you know, not everybody is an Alien-Pred fanboy, and they don't have to be...90% of the time actors don't know crap about the mythos of the movies they are making...it's not a big deal!!

SiL

Hell, if I was casting the movie I'd levitate towards people with as little knowledge of the creatures to star. Helps the fear come out.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 03, 2007, 05:53:50 AM
Why does an actor have to do research? [...]

Are you serious? Are we going to argue semantics now? ;) It's simple common sense for an actor to research source material in preparation for a role...it's like saying that Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen didn't research for their roles in the Star Wars trilogy because sh!t, "it technically didn't happen yet in my time-line, so I don't want to know about it"...but whatever, you're entitled to your opinion, and I still hold mine...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed