AvPR Interview with Chelah Horsdal

Started by Darkness, Oct 02, 2007, 07:48:09 PM

Author
AvPR Interview with Chelah Horsdal (Read 17,379 times)

Darkness

Darkness

We’ve just published a new AvP Requiem Interview, this time with actress Chelah Horsdal who plays the character of Darcy Benson in the movie. Here’s a little bit:

AvPGalaxy – What about the scenes that you hated filming? I mean, AvP2 was shot in Canada, the weather up there must have made for some horrible shoots?

Chelah Horsdal – It wasn’t so much the Canadian weather that was miserable…it was the film rain . We shot a great deal of this film at night under huge rain towers…far too many nights had us huddled together trying to stay warm despite being soaked through to the bone. Our wardrobe team worked especially hard to wrap us up with dry blankets & hot water bottles between takes…

Check out the full interview here. Props to Corporal Hicks for doing this one. Just a little note, the interview was actually done a few months ago but due to the powers that be, we couldn’t publish it until now. :wink:

Aeus

Nice interview.

I want to see Colin's impression of the Alien and Predator.  :P

Master

Why I am not convinced? She told that she is a fan of Alien and Aliens and then she said that AvP was amazeing??? I just don`t get it.

Gates

"[...] When AVP came along, I felt they did a brilliant job of incorporating the two stories in a logical way. It made perfect sense to me that this explained the origin of the Aliens."

What in the seven hells is this woman talking about!? It's good to know they are putting an actor in a franchise cross-over movie, that doesn't know sh!t about the original franchises...very encouraging... :-\

Aeus

Quote from: Gates on Oct 02, 2007, 07:08:59 PM
"[...] When AVP came along, I felt they did a brilliant job of incorporating the two stories in a logical way. It made perfect sense to me that this explained the origin of the Aliens."

What in the seven hells is this woman talking about!? It's good to know they are putting an actor in a franchise cross-over movie, that doesn't know sh!t about the original franchises...very encouraging... :-\

Breath, and be positive. I just noticed that as well.

Corporal Hicks

What I'm finding very more interesting is the secrecy about the movie. Chelah only read about 60% of the script.

Darkoo

Poor Chelah Horsdal's character...

"My husband is played by a Vancouver actor, Kurt Max Runte. I am ashamed to say I have zero recollection of who played my son and I know surprisingly little about their characters in the film. We didn't have any scenes together and script access was on a need to know basis due to the major secrecy."

Kurt Max Runte the hunter.And her son, little Sam dies horribly ::)
http://imdb.com/name/nm0750343/

Aeus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 02, 2007, 07:12:57 PM
What I'm finding very more interesting is the secrecy about the movie. Chelah only read about 60% of the script.

I like the secrecy, it allows me to not actually spoil the movie for myself like I did Transformers, Spider-man 3 etc, etc.

Corporal Hicks

Nice find, my friend.
Quote from: Darkoo on Oct 02, 2007, 07:22:10 PM
Poor Chelah Horsdal's character...

"My husband is played by a Vancouver actor, Kurt Max Runte. I am ashamed to say I have zero recollection of who played my son and I know surprisingly little about their characters in the film. We didn't have any scenes together and script access was on a need to know basis due to the major secrecy."

Kurt Max Runte the hunter.And her son, little Sam dies horribly ::)
http://imdb.com/name/nm0750343/

Darkness

Hmm, I didn't realise those two out hunting were connected to Chelah's character.

Quote from: Master on Oct 02, 2007, 07:05:48 PM
Why I am not convinced? She told that she is a fan of Alien and Aliens and then she said that AvP was amazeing??? I just don`t get it.

Yeah, I know. But other actors/actresses have said the same thing in past interviews. It wouldn't be wise to slate the first film in an interview anyway.

avpmad!

Quote from: Gates on Oct 02, 2007, 07:08:59 PM

i agree with u

War Wager

I'm betting her character will witness the death of her husband and son.  :-\ Isn't there a quick scene near the end of the Red Band where she is up-close to the camera screaming?

Alienseseses

She's entitled to an opinion. She didn't like 3 and 4.

Hybrid PM

Quote from: War Wager on Oct 02, 2007, 08:17:48 PM
I'm betting her character will witness the death of her husband and son.  :-\ Isn't there a quick scene near the end of the Red Band where she is up-close to the camera screaming?
That would be horrible, if shes with her son and all of a sudden!!!! A little alien pops out. Very sadistic.

SiL

Hicks owes me his right kidney.

He knows what I'm talking about.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed