Proximity: Last Stand At Hadley’s Hope - Aliens Fan Audio Drama

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 01, 2018, 11:38:48 PM

Author
Proximity: Last Stand At Hadley’s Hope - Aliens Fan Audio Drama (Read 13,235 times)

Corporal Hicks

When Alien Day 2016 rolled around the Alien community was introduced to its first taste of a full cast audio drama set within the Alien universe with Alien: Out of the Shadows. We were treated to a second one when Alien Day 2017 came upon us when Alien: River of Pain was released. River of Pain gave us an audio telling of how Hadley’s Hope became over-ran by Aliens.

The crew over at the Perfect Organism Podcast have been working on their own audio drama and their own take on the falling of Hadley’s Hope.  Having been working on this since April of 2017, Perfect Organism have now released the first chapter of their two part series!

“Perfect Organism is proud to present a groundbreaking new audio drama set in the Alien universe. The culmination of nearly a year of work, Proximity is a character-driven glimpse into the nightmare that erupted in the Hadley’s Hope colony on Acheron in June of 2179.

Written and directed by JM Prater, Proximity is the story of Anne and Aaron Andrews, two young colonists trying to hold it together while the world around them falls apart. With immersive sound design, an orchestral score, and a talented cast of voice actors from around the world, Proximity is a love letter to the Alien Saga created by people who love it madly and truly.

This is for you. We hope you enjoy it.”

Be sure to head on over to the Perfect Organism’s Facebook page and let them know what you think of Chapter One!

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Scorpio

What happened at Hadley's Hope would have been the true sequel to Alien.  Would have been like Alien Isolation.  But they had to bring in marines and make it a cheesy 80s action flick.

It's like Alien Covenant and them cutting out the David/Shaw story. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You know...except without Aliens there'd be no Hadley's Hope at all?? This anti-Aliens sentiment is just getting really dull. Let's keep to the topic at hand please. Not interested in derailing this.  :)

theDecline84

Really cool  ;D iam a big fan of the PO pod

Thanks for the heads up Corporal Hicks  :)

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Scorpio, you have got to be kidding me.   ::)   Aliens, a cheesy 80s action flick?

D88M

D88M

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE i hope the best for  everyone involved in this site, from admins to member, i wish you a great year and the best success in everything you propose :)

Perfect-Organism

Anyway, i think this is a really great production.  Thanks for that!  I can't tell if it contradicts River of Pain but if the writers intent was to complement it, then well done...

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Haven't listened yet but bookmarked (awoke too early after post New Years drinks so feeling tired and groggy).

I've always wanted a "what happened to Hadley's Hope during Xenomorph outbreak". You'd get a kick-ass, albeit human tragic, ALIENS film. We know the colonists did not have high powered weapons and only seismic charges as defense, but in a way that is awesome and suspenseful.
Seeing humans and colonists try to defend their self preservation, the claustrophobia, cracking under pressure, desperate actions, seeing ALIENS crawl through vents. The possibilities are endless.

Sure we know how it ends (badly), but with imagination and competent film making it would be a case of journey not destination.
Plus it would not break canon or continuity.

Corporal Hicks

Just to cross-post what I commented over on their Facebook -

First impressions was just how professionally it all came together. It sounded like a top-notch production. I also enjoyed that they took a different take on the topic, focusing on a different kind of character. It might have been too easy to fall into the trap of it being about the Jordan's or their close friends.

As Chapter 1 dealt with a lot of character set-up, I'm looking forward to Chapter 2 and seeing how the story comes together completely!

Darkness

Loved it. But I love audio dramas in general. I can't imagine how much goes into making something like this.

Can you just clarify how long it is in total? It's not just two 20 min episodes and that's it, is it? I thought you were going to release it over weekly instalments so I thought there were going to be many episodes.

Corporal Hicks

It's two 20 minute or so parts, Darkness.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Love the idea, the performances and the overall sound! I love these great fan projects, so much passion and work put into it, can't wait for the second chapter.

Gorilla Alien

Gorilla Alien

Thanks for the great feedback, everyone!!! Just to clarify: Chapter Two is significantly more involved—there is a lot of action—sonitll probably run longer. We're currently assembling and editing that material so we can hopefully get it out by February 1.

Perfect-Organism

Awesome!  This is really well done.  Thanks for that.

This is making me feel like they could do a prequel on LV-426 as a movie.  It could really work well and it would be fun to revisit Hadley's hope.  It's really a "Titanic" story.  You know it's not going to end well, but the struggle leading up to the end is epic.

Darkness

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 02, 2018, 01:08:28 PM
It's two 20 minute or so parts, Darkness.

Damn, for some reason I thought it would be the same length as River of Pain, just split into multiple episodes.

Well, I'll reserve judgement until I listen to the second part.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed