What collectables would u like to see?

Started by predator2rules, Jan 01, 2018, 03:34:10 AM

Author
What collectables would u like to see? (Read 1,265 times)

predator2rules

I really want to see something fresh from toy companies. I want to see exciting dioramas and pieces of set ie Predator fighting Harrigan on a city roof top or the Predator standing on the Eastern building, or marines fighting aliens in a passage and room from LV  426. Doesn't have to be big dioramas but would breathe a bit of life into it and you could say to friends "oh this is the scene when Predator is fighting Harrigan on the rooftop".

Morose

I think an excellent example of what you are looking for is the King Alien and Queen Alien (coming soon) statues from sideshow. The pieces display large aliens with smaller aliens and intriguing scenery.

Regarding a piece such as a predator fighting on the rough top with Harrigan, this is unlikely as most collectors care about the monster itself rather than the human character. If you want to have a piece like this, I recommend going to the artists themselves and asking if they could make it.

I think a great idea that sideshow should go with is making mini 7 inch statues along with dioramas. Collectors can purchase the scenery and display the figures however they please. WETA workshop is doing something like this with their Lord of the Rings line and it looks great. It gives collectors a lot of options.

Maybe mentioning ideas to sideshow might help too

LtJesseRipley

Would be SO Awesome is NECA or some other company did the HYPERSLEEP pods from all the different movies. 10/10 would buy.

dHunter333

I expect th to eventually made hyper sleep chambers from the first and second films

Kailem

Given how little space I have to put pretty much anything I buy these days, let alone new figures and collectibles, I'd actually kinda like to see something small (and also because smaller usually = cheaper :laugh:).

I remember those awesome Mighty Max sets they used to make years ago that I loved, so I'd kinda like to see something like that. A miniature Aliens and/or Predator play set. I know Micro Machines did something like that a while back but I only found out about it fairly recently, so do that again only in the year 2018 please! ;D

theDecline84

Quote from: Kailem on Jan 06, 2018, 06:18:45 PMI remember those awesome Mighty Max sets they used to make years ago that I loved, so I'd kinda like to see something like that. A miniature Aliens and/or Predator play set. I know Micro Machines did something like that a while back but I only found out about it fairly recently, so do that again only in the year 2018 please! ;D

WOW Mighty Max there is a name i haven't herd in decades  :laugh: the saber tooth tiger set was my fav  ;D

Kailem

I don't think I had that one, but I had a bunch of others, from the "regular"-sized ones like the snake and tarantula as well as the really tiny heads and some of the big play sets like Skull Mountain and Blast Magus. They were just great.

Yep, and now I'm going down the nostalgia hole looking up pictures of the old sets to see which ones I remember and to get those memories flooding back! :laugh:

dHunter333

neca stuff:
i'd love to see more accessory sets
i know there is an alien 3 one that is supposedly still coming
they could make an alien accessory set fairly easily
flame thrower, large motion tracker, cattle prod, cat carrier, alien 1 egg closed/alien 1 egg open/alien 1 facehugger
alien resurrection accessory set with some ripley experiments and weapons
avp accessory set with some predator weapons/masks, pred alien chestbuster, avp version of egg/facehugger
avp 2 predator face hugger in tube, predator weapons, pred alien chestburster, set of many chestburster together (like out of pregnant woman)
alien 1 corridor pieces (if they must be foam so be it) that can connect to each other to make longer corridors
same idea with alien hive and inside of derelict
alien 1 and 2 cryosleep chamber
i'd love to see additional prometheus/covenant accessory sets, but doesnt seem realistic
prometheus, flame thrower, can do the hermepedes/engineer mask, but MUST have 2 black goo containers, maybe a smaller trilobite, that'd be nice
covenant, david's experiment set!

windebieste

Nostromo 3 level (A, B and C decks) play set for Super7's 'ALIEN' ReAction figures.

-Windebieste.

Wweyland

As I said in another thread: a Neca APC that is in size with 7 inch figures (they already made a small one).
A 7-inch scale Space Jockey.
More accessory packs like Alien or Alien: Resurrection weapons.
Other soldiers from Predator.

Master

Totem from Predators.

Apollo

Has anyone ever released a motion tracker prop replica before? Would love to see one of those.

Wweyland

Just realized Neca has already done a 7 inch scale space jockey, duh:
http://necaonline.com/2016/08/alien-foam-replica-fossilized-space-jockey/
Not cheap though.

Vark_

Vark_

I agree, especially when you learn that it's made of foam and latex !...

Quote from: Apollo on Jan 23, 2018, 12:41:38 PM
Has anyone ever released a motion tracker prop replica before? Would love to see one of those.
Yup, HCG did it ;)
https://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/store/product.php?productid=16584

DerelictShip

Queen egg sack and some slime

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed