Could Fox acquisition by Disney affect The Predator at any level ?

Started by BigDaddyJohn, Dec 14, 2017, 02:29:38 PM

Author
Could Fox acquisition by Disney affect The Predator at any level ? (Read 7,763 times)

BigDaddyJohn

I was wondering if this news could mean something for the movies planned to release in 2018, among them being of course The Predator. Is it possible for Disney to change some elements of the movie this late ?

Maybe tone down the violence i don't know, make it less graphic ? Maybe they can't do much with movies already finished, or with movies that have been made before they buy Fox, just want to know what y'all think...

skhellter

Film's scheduled to come out will still come out. Deals will still be respected.

Release Date's might get moved so as to not f**k up other Disney releases, though.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 14, 2017, 02:29:38 PM
I was wondering if this news could mean something for the movies planned to release in 2018, among them being of course The Predator. Is it possible for Disney to change some elements of the movie this late ?

Maybe tone down the violence i don't know, make it less graphic ? Maybe they can't do much with movies already finished, or with movies that have been made before they buy Fox, just want to know what y'all think...
No, they won't "Disneyfy" everything that was once FOX. Let's see this from a business point of view: They bought FOX's properties in hope to make a buck, the first thing you do is not f**k with your customers that are already there that will bring you cash in.

Disney did a lot of violent films, just under different sub-companys, such as Buena Vista. It's very likely that the FOX fanfare will stay, but the company will be driven by Disney. Just like what they did with Marvel/Lucasfilm.

ThePredatorUK

R Rated movies will just get released under a different distribution company Disney own

Hollywood

QuoteDisney has always had a reputation for being child-friendly. As a result, fans of the troubled Alien franchise are concerned about what the deal would mean for the Xenomorphs. Dig a little deeper though, and it may not mean the end of the sci-fi horror Alien and Predator franchises. Disney has always allowed subsidiaries like Miramax and Touchstone to make more mature offerings; in fact, Kill Bill was a Miramax film. It's possible a number of Fox properties to align with this kind of approach.

Fox has a viable business plan for many of these properties, and Disney will hardly want to cut off multiple revenue streams from IPs they just spent billions of dollars purchasing.

In all likelihood, 20th Century Fox will undergo a name change and continue to operate as a separate banner within the Walt Disney Studios family. Disney owns a variety of different companies, from Marvel Entertainment to ESPN, with most fans of Mickey and Dory unaware of just how much exists in the umbrella. And while most fans are familiar with Pixar and Disney Animation and Lucasfilm – all of which have a broader, more family-focused approach – Disney has spent decades releasing all sorts of content [R rated movies like Ransom and Con Air] under its Touchstone Pictures banner.

https://screenrant.com/disney-buy-fox-movie-franchises/

https://screenrant.com/disney-ruin-deadpool-fox-deal/

chrisr232007

Im not worried I believe anything is better then what Fox has done with both Alien and Predator in the last 25 plus years. I believe the Disney company will bring great things to us A/P fans.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 14, 2017, 02:38:36 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 14, 2017, 02:29:38 PM

No, they won't "Disneyfy" everything that was once FOX. Let's see this from a business point of view: They bought FOX's properties in hope to make a buck, the first thing you do is not f**k with your customers that are already there that will bring you cash in.

Disney did a lot of violent films, just under different sub-companys, such as Buena Vista. It's very likely that the FOX fanfare will stay, but the company will be driven by Disney. Just like what they did with Marvel/Lucasfilm.

Yes i agree, i think it's the best strategy for them to don't touch at a product that already has a strong fanbase.

Original Predator

I was under the impression that the AVP movies were Disney movies???

Just waiting for Peter Pan to come fight the Preds....

For real tho.  "Disney" is a brand AND a company.  The company side of things which has a ton of separate entities will have zero impact on the franchises.  This was a business move, not a brand move.  They're not putting Tinkerbell and Ripley together anytime soon.

KiramidHead

Black might actually get more leeway for future sequels, since Iron Man 3 made a boatload of money for Disney.

Corporal Hicks

QuoteOn the film front, employees are being told that films are still being greenlit and that production on such major upcoming releases as "Gambit," an X-Men spinoff, is expected to still commence in the coming months.

Like Rice, Snider has stressed that over the next year and a half until the deal closes, it will be "business as usual" and she told staffers that she expects them "to do what we do at a high level of excellence and with our typical swagger."

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/disney-fox-lot-1202641181/

I wouldn't worry about this buy-out effecting The Predator.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 14, 2017, 02:36:46 PM
Film's scheduled to come out will still come out. Deals will still be respected.

Release Date's might get moved so as to not f**k up other Disney releases, though.

I hope they don't delay it anymore, it's already far enough  :)

AliceApocalypse

Disney has the money to bank on products that work, including franchises that they know people will spend money on.  I doubt they care at all about the "family" aspect of any particular franchise as long the fan base pays.  Disney cash into the Alien & Predator is probably a good thing, they have the money to spend on  their investment.

Deathbearer

Will we get a Predator Princess now?

black

Shane Black seemed to know that Disney would buy Fox when he wrote the script.

KiramidHead

Quote from: Deathbearer on Dec 16, 2017, 06:29:10 PM
Will we get a Predator Princess now?

Deadpool would approve.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed