AvP Requiem less worrisome than this

Started by happypred, Dec 06, 2017, 07:08:11 AM

Author
AvP Requiem less worrisome than this (Read 14,738 times)

PsyKore

Quote from: Xxx.95xx on Jan 07, 2018, 02:58:12 PM
So people legit didn't like p2 cause no Arnold.....

He's not even a good actor, just a buff 'cool' guy in every film with an enormous ego

I will never fully understand the Arnold pandemonium of the 80s 90s

He did some good drama in Predator. It's the only film that I can take him seriously in besides Terminator (I love all his films, though). But it's really Carl Weathers (who is a terrific actor IMO) and some of the other cast in Predator who bring out the better acting in Shwarzenegger.

Wweyland

If you are able to actually see what is going on on the screen in The Predator, then it's a better movie than AvP:R.

happypred

Conan
Commando
Predator
Terminator
Total Recall
Red Heat (Gina Gershon gave me tingly feelings)
Terminator 2
True Lies

I loved these films

Even Raw Deal, Running Man, Kindergarten Cop, Twins, Junior were very solid

Oh yeah...Eraser was enjoyable as well

Scorpio

I liked his movies up to Terminator 3.  I don't mind Terminator 3 because it's a fun movie.  After that, he became a Governor and stopped making movies for a while.  And his 'comeback' is a little disappointing IMO, especially considering all the great movies he has done. 

happypred

I wasn't a big fan of the likes of End of Days, Sixth Day

Scorpio

Quote from: happypred on Jan 27, 2018, 02:06:09 AM

I enjoyed those, they had their moments.

D88M

D88M

I do not expect anything honestly, from Shane i have if i am not mistaken just watched Lethal Weapon, that is ok for what it is, and Iron Man 3, which is a bad and stupid movie, thought that may have been disney fault. The leaked script sounds terrible, and fox did some bad choices already with Prometheus and Covenant, so i am not exactly hopeful. If the trailer looks decent i may go watch it in theaters, but without expectations.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: happypred on Jan 27, 2018, 02:06:09 AM

No one can blame you for that  :laugh:

Quote from: D88M on Jan 27, 2018, 07:58:31 AM
I do not expect anything honestly, from Shane i have if i am not mistaken just watched Lethal Weapon, that is ok for what it is, and Iron Man 3, which is a bad and stupid movie, thought that may have been disney fault. The leaked script sounds terrible, and fox did some bad choices already with Prometheus and Covenant, so i am not exactly hopeful. If the trailer looks decent i may go watch it in theaters, but without expectations.

Don't you think iron man 3 is better than at least iron man 2 honestly ?

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Iron man 3 is the only Marvel film that felt unique. All marvel films feel the same, look the same, and follow the same formula. Iron man 3 is the only one that felt like a director had any creative control at all. And for some reason everyone calls it bad, why? The only complaints I ever hear is the twist with the mandarin and the fact there isn't much iron man action in it.

I loved the fact that the movie was more about Tony and his struggle with anxiety, it felt more personal and made him more relatable. The snowy mountain-town setting with all the Christmas lights is, surprisingly, the most memorable setting of all marvel movies for me. It stands out unlike all the generic cities, military bases and cgi worlds we've seen throughout this series.

I liked the twist with the Mandarin, it was ballsy and broke away from the tired formula that marvel has been using for the last 16 years. Did we really need another villain of the week movie? Better to have the villain be someone Tony hurt directly and serve the theme of the movie rather than fight some generic Osama bin Laden knockoff.

This is the one and only time Marvel took a risk and a lot of people hated it, so now they went back to their old ways of generic villains, stale aesthetics, pointless world building. Seriously do we really need to stop the story for age of ultron just so they can remind us that Thor Ragnorok is coming? That's why iron man 2 sucked: it's just a commercial for future marvel movies.

Creative freedom is very important, otherwise you get the same thing over and over again; like the recent star wars movies. Not an ounce of creative freedom can be seen in those movies just corporate mandated checklists. "We gotta have another death star, we gotta have another cantina scene, we gotta have a villain who wears all black and is related to one of the hero's, let's recreate the battle of hoth but instead of a snow planet we'll make it a salt planet, see it's totally different now, right? Oh and let's recreate the throne room scene in return of the Jedi and stick it in the middle of the last Jedi, no one will ever notice."

The Predator sounds absolutely nuts, I don't know if I'm gonna like it but at least it's gonna be something we've never seen before. And if nobody likes it, fox will just pull a Disney and just give us the same thing over and over again. Just like Marvel and Star Wars, which will be a guarantee since Fox is now owned by Disney just like Marvel and Star Wars.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jan 27, 2018, 05:09:54 PM
Iron man 3 is the only Marvel film that felt unique. All marvel films feel the same, look the same, and follow the same formula. Iron man 3 is the only one that felt like a director had any creative control at all. And for some reason everyone calls it bad, why? The only complaints I ever hear is the twist with the mandarin and the fact there isn't much iron man action in it.

I loved the fact that the movie was more about Tony and his struggle with anxiety, it felt more personal and made him more relatable. The snowy mountain-town setting with all the Christmas lights is, surprisingly, the most memorable setting of all marvel movies for me. It stands out unlike all the generic cities, military bases and cgi worlds we've seen throughout this series.

I liked the twist with the Mandarin, it was ballsy and broke away from the tired formula that marvel has been using for the last 16 years. Did we really need another villain of the week movie? Better to have the villain be someone Tony hurt directly and serve the theme of the movie rather than fight some generic Osama bin Laden knockoff.

This is the one and only time Marvel took a risk and a lot of people hated it, so now they went back to their old ways of generic villains, stale aesthetics, pointless world building. Seriously do we really need to stop the story for age of ultron just so they can remind us that Thor Ragnorok is coming? That's why iron man 2 sucked: it's just a commercial for future marvel movies.

Creative freedom is very important, otherwise you get the same thing over and over again; like the recent star wars movies. Not an ounce of creative freedom can be seen in those movies just corporate mandated checklists. "We gotta have another death star, we gotta have another cantina scene, we gotta have a villain who wears all black and is related to one of the hero's, let's recreate the battle of hoth but instead of a snow planet we'll make it a salt planet, see it's totally different now, right? Oh and let's recreate the throne room scene in return of the Jedi and stick it in the middle of the last Jedi, no one will ever notice."

The Predator sounds absolutely nuts, I don't know if I'm gonna like it but at least it's gonna be something we've never seen before. And if nobody likes it, fox will just pull a Disney and just give us the same thing over and over again. Just like Marvel and Star Wars, which will be a guarantee since Fox is now owned by Disney just like Marvel and Star Wars.

I totally agree ! Shane Black will try to do the same thing in a way with The Predator, and he's taking risks for sure !

PredBabe

PredBabe

I'm all for something new for the franchise in hopes that we get to see more things Predator but I can't deny hearing some stuff about this movie that makes me go 'wait what?'

Spoiler
Namely spider predators...

But an autistic boy who reads predator language is kind of intriguing.
[close]

I haven't read the actual scrip but Black is talented enough that I'm willing to see where he takes these new ideas.

I will say that I'm not sick of the usual Predator formula however, I just think Predators dropped the ball in giving us characters to really care about. Also they could have made the alien planet feel more... alien. Plus the predators were staged in every shot that it felt more like dudes in suits rather than mysterious creatures on the hunt.

I feel like all the writers and directors of Predators and AVP films try to stray away from Predator 2 but Predator 2 remains to be the best and most iconic Predator sequel for me. Maybe I'm bias because I grew up on that movie as well as love its 90s feel. But while it sticks with the original Predator formula, it gives some new and enjoyable interpretations to the creature and some damn fun action scenes.

happypred

Predator 2 was 1990...so more of a late 80s feel IMO

Lionhart

Quote from: happypred on Dec 06, 2017, 07:08:11 AM
The pre-release news about AvP Requiem (including the fact that it would be set in a hick town) had me less concerned than the pre-release news about The Predator. Think about that. It's all been downhill since Resurrection, many would say P2 and A3.

Shane Black is zero guarantee that this film will be good. He acted in the original film, which means exactly nothing. It's just a minor selling point.

He has no more respect for this franchise than any other half-decent Hollywood filmmaker.

I'll cross my fingers but things are looking grim

Since its shane black behind this movie, I would say its gonna suck as much as his joke lines sucked in Predator 1987

Vermillion

Quote from: happypred on Feb 07, 2018, 10:15:30 AM
Predator 2 was 1990...so more of a late 80s feel IMO
The mustard palate for the clothing is a dead giveaway

happypred

Shane Black wanted this to be an action comedy...think about what that says about his view of the franchise

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed