Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 241,142 times)

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Jan 11, 2018, 12:08:12 AM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4gkel316w1qiy0obo1_r2_500.gif

Heh-heh, well now in all fairness, one could reduce any movie creature to an animated mockery if one were to go that route....... ;)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Jan 11, 2018, 12:52:58 AM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4gkel316w1qiy0obo1_r2_500.gif

Heh-heh, well now in all fairness, one could reduce any movie creature to an animated mockery if one were to go that route....... ;)

https://78.media.tumblr.com/dd1654fb16f390b5a68f552a0366b668/tumblr_n80krkmiZ61s4nyfho3_r2_500.gif
http://www.scifimoviezone.com/mjmoon.gif

Ridley wanted to scare the shit out of people twice, but clearly there were not many merits to achieve this purpose. And the Xenomorph's return can't be more average. Maybe he should have stayed with his previous idea:

Quote"while Alien was indeed the jumping-off point for this project, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place. The keen fan will recognize strands of Alien's DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative."

Now about the gifs in my last reply, next time I will put a winking smiley to avoid any confusion: Poe's law ;)

Gash

Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 07, 2018, 03:42:18 PM
Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jan 07, 2018, 01:37:51 PM
I'm not sure why you'd refer to what Scott's doing now as "fresh, challenging and subversive" Covenant was such a painfully obvious rehash of Alien, they even rehashed the opening title and score, just for those who still couldn't take the hint. There's nothing challenging about it either. The film consists out of tons of dialogues about creation, but the creator/creation dynamic is never explored in the events that occur in film. If by 'challenging' you were referring to the effort of sitting through pretentious drivel that leads to nothing but literature trivia, then sure, what Scott is doing can be considered as challenging. The one single thing Covenant has to contribute - the sole purpose for its existence - can be summed up in four words: 'David made the Alien'. And that contribution undermines the entire franchise.

Yep.

Nope.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Jan 11, 2018, 02:35:00 AM
Ridley wanted to scare the shit out of people twice, but clearly there were not many merits to achieve this purpose. And the Xenomorph's return can't be more average. Maybe he should have stayed with his previous idea:
Maybe. Maybe not.

One thing's for sure. The next time you watch that scene in Alien 79 when the creature starts "gliding," I would bet the farm you will not be able to keep from thinking about Michael Jackson's Moonwalk and you will be cursing under your lip, "that damn Biomechanoid, he forever ruined that scene for me."

.......oops, I almost forgot Poe's winky........ ;)

Gash

Er...how does the alien glide look like a moonwalk?

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Gash on Jan 11, 2018, 04:32:54 AM
Er...watch the animated gifs.

Gash

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Jan 11, 2018, 04:36:32 AM
Quote from: Gash on Jan 11, 2018, 04:32:54 AM
Er...watch the animated gifs.

I did, that's why I'm asking.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Gash on Jan 11, 2018, 04:41:12 AM
More accurately, the creature gliding in that Alien 79 scene looks like forward moonwalking. If you can't see it, then your question can never be answered.

Gash

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Jan 11, 2018, 04:48:11 AM
Quote from: Gash on Jan 11, 2018, 04:41:12 AM
More accurately, the creature gliding in that Alien 79 scene looks like forward moonwalking. If you can't see it, then your question can never be answered.

Forward moonwalking is... er.. walking?

Biomechanoid

Er......I give up. Is it?

Gash

Not sure. Reverse the footage, see what happens.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Gash on Jan 11, 2018, 05:03:47 AM
Since you seem so determined to break it down, I'll pass those duties on to you. Give us an update.

Gash

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Jan 11, 2018, 05:09:36 AM
Quote from: Gash on Jan 11, 2018, 05:03:47 AM
Since you seem so determined to break it down, I'll pass those duties on to you. Give us an update.

Ok.

PsyKore

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Jan 11, 2018, 12:52:58 AM
https://78.media.tumblr.com/dd1654fb16f390b5a68f552a0366b668/tumblr_n80krkmiZ61s4nyfho3_r2_500.gif

I love that shot. There's something really ethereal about how it looks and moves. Shame they can't recapture that.

I understand that David's breed is not complete yet, but I still feel kinda disappointed for the way they handled the creature.

I understand it too, but I'm not even sure if it is actually the case or if it's something fans just came up with. The film never outright implies that "this is a beta Xeno," and I can't remember Ridley mentioning it. People still say, though, that it isn't the final version of the Alien. I mean, yes, logically it's an early version, but there's honestly nothing to say that it isn't. If you asked the average viewer what they thought, they'd just say it's a Xenomorph.

OpenMaw

That gliding shot is one of the coolest shots of the creature in the film.

As to the Covenant variation of the design. Honestly it just looks like ADI doubled down on their previous designs. All the biomechanics are stripped out. Whether that's intentional or not, it takes away one of the interesting design aspects of the creature. Frankly, we've had enough of the pumpkin-head-o-morphs from A:R, AVP, and Requiem.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed