Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 243,499 times)

monkeylove

At best, the prequels are average, i.e., given ratings and revenues. Given that, it's obvious another movie will have to be much better.

Denton Smalls

Quote from: monkeylove on Dec 14, 2017, 07:12:54 AM
At best, the prequels are average, i.e., given ratings and revenues. Given that, it's obvious another movie will have to be much better.

I think it will take some time for the prequels to be fully appreciated for what they are, much like Alien 3's popularity, which was pretty low at the time of release, but has risen to cult status over time.

0321recon

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Dec 14, 2017, 10:26:21 AM

I think it will take some time for the prequels to be fully appreciated for what they are, much like Alien 3's popularity, which was pretty low at the time of release, but has risen to cult status over time.

I agree. One of the things that will help it will be Fassbender's dual role as Walter and David.

This article talks about how Fassbender deserves Oscar consideration due to his performance. http://www.indiewire.com/2017/12/michael-fassbender-alien-covenant-best-actor-1201907210/

Alionic

Quote from: 0321recon on Dec 14, 2017, 02:32:53 PM
Quote from: Denton Smalls on Dec 14, 2017, 10:26:21 AM

I agree. One of the things that will help it will be Fassbender's dual role as Walter and David.

This article talks about how Fassbender deserves Oscar consideration due to his performance. http://www.indiewire.com/2017/12/michael-fassbender-alien-covenant-best-actor-1201907210/

That was an excellent read. I wouldn't be surprised if Fassbender gets nominated by the Academy, at least.

BishopShouldGo

That's simply not going to happen.

Alionic

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 14, 2017, 07:11:44 PM
That's simply not going to happen.

Yeah, I know, the dual role thing.

BishopShouldGo

Not because of that lol.

There were just many male performances this year that were superior than David and Walter. And if Fassbender didn't even get nominated for his superior Prometheus-David 8 performance...

Biomechanoid

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 14, 2017, 10:11:55 PM
There were just many male performances this year that were superior than David and Walter.
What male performances this year do you think were more superior?

SM

Not because of that lol.

There were just many male performances this year that were superior than David and Walter. And if Fassbender didn't even get nominated for his superior Prometheus-David 8 performance...

Yeah if Fassbender was going to get awards it would've been for Prometheus.

Alionic

Not because of that lol.

His performance was much more central to Covenant (therefore better) than Prometheus. If he were to get nominated for the David character, it would for Covenant.

tleilaxu

If the "When you close your eyes, do you dream of me?" line doesn't cash in an Oscar nomination, you can pretty much assume the game's rigged, although we already knew that beforehand.

Biomechanoid

Fassbender is no stranger to Oscar nominations and he was nominated and / or won multiple Best Actor / Best Supporting Actor awards from other award organizations for Prometheus, so it wouldn't be a shocker if his Covenant performance was at least considered by those who place nominations for the Oscars.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Dec 14, 2017, 10:16:17 PM
There were just many male performances this year that were superior than David and Walter.
What male performances this year do you think were more superior?

This is not that kind of conversation.

Quote from: Alionic on Dec 14, 2017, 10:52:16 PM
Not because of that lol.

His performance was much more central to Covenant (therefore better) than Prometheus. If he were to get nominated for the David character, it would for Covenant.

lol wut? Central = better? That's not how life works.

SM

I thought there was much more subtlety and ambiguity in his Prometheus performance. 

Biomechanoid

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 14, 2017, 11:21:05 PM
This is not that kind of conversation.

Quite the opposite, it's very much related to Fassbender's Covenant performance in comparison to other actor's performances. But it seems you prefer not to elaborate, so question withdrawn to you.

However, the question is still open to others who might feel a little more cooperative to tackle this very much related question.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed