Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 241,226 times)

Deathbearer

Quote from: Alionic on Dec 13, 2017, 01:51:51 AM
Quote from: Deathbearer on Dec 13, 2017, 01:43:22 AM
Quote from: Alionic on Dec 13, 2017, 01:26:51 AM
Quote from: Deathbearer on Dec 13, 2017, 01:14:09 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 13, 2017, 01:04:45 AM
So, the same thing over and over?

Have we considered the possibility that this franchise doesn't need more films?

Then why do you whine for more pulse rifles, action sequences, and Alien Queens all the time?

I have never whined for this. It's okay, you probably didn't notice since you gotta keep watching over your shoulder to make sure that those nasty Aliens-loving Millennials don't get you.

I'm an "Aliens-loving millennial," you nincompoop; however, I don't want a remake of it.

Neither do I grandpa, so it looks like we can agree on something after all.

As shocking as this may seem there are other reasons to dislike Covenant besides a distinct lack of pulse rifles and Hudsons.

Alionic

Then why do you want Blomkamp's film made, grandpa?

Deathbearer

Quote from: Alionic on Dec 13, 2017, 02:04:03 AM

I don't care if it gets made or not. Good try though, might have worked on someone else.

Huggs

"Opinions. You have bad ones"

That's cool. I respect your opinion as well. But unfortunately, the reaction to Prometheus was not completely positive, and covenant didn't break any box office/applause records. It's getting difficult to call this the right financial and literary path for the Alien universe. Movie making is a business after all.

Alionic

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 13, 2017, 02:10:23 AM

That's cool. I respect your opinion as well. But unfortunately, the reaction to Prometheus was not completely positive, and covenant didn't break any box office/applause records. It's getting difficult to call this the right financial and literary path for the Alien universe. Movie making is a business after all.

You conveniently ignore the part where both made a profit for the studio.

Quote from: Deathbearer on Dec 13, 2017, 02:07:54 AM

I don't care if it gets made or not. Good try though, might have worked on someone else.

So now you're changing your opinion on Blomkamp's film? I am known to be persuasive.  ;D

SM

QuoteNot always. Prometheus didn't work. So they did it again, only worse.

The majority would beg to differ, which would tend to indicate that the majority don't want movie after movie of 'well written haunted house film in space'.

That and Aliens wasn't really a haunted house and Alien 3 wasn't terribly well written.

monkeylove

Quote from: tleilaxu on Dec 12, 2017, 11:14:16 AM
Interestingly, people under 18 rate both movies higher than the rest, and millenials actually rate the movie lower than (8.2) than oomers (8.5, 8.4). The difference isn't huge though. We must look for something else.

I'd see the same point if the data can be broken down by region, if the age of the ones giving the ratings can be verified, if we can see what percentage of those who saw the last two movies saw the first two, etc.

All I know for now is that the foreign share of revenues for A:C is almost 70 pct and similar to the previous three movies. For the first two movies, it was the other way round.

Deathbearer

Quote from: Alionic on Dec 13, 2017, 02:21:54 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Dec 13, 2017, 02:10:23 AM

You conveniently ignore the part where both made a profit for the studio.

So now you're changing your opinion on Blomkamp's film? I am known to be persuasive.  ;D

Don't give yourself too much credit, it was Scott that convinced me the beast is cooked.

Whos_Nick

The salt in this thread is too much, Hicks nuke it from orbit please.

SM

Quite.

Huggs

Funny, you get into discussions about divisive things like this, but then you can't help but notice how many people agree about the quality of the original movies. That they could be enjoyable to so many people with such differing opinions about the art of filmmaking is a testament to the hard work that was put into them and how cool they were and still are.

Alionic

Don't give yourself too much credit, it was Scott that convinced me the beast is cooked.

Me too, which is why the focus on A.I. creating bioweapons is so much more interesting. Blomkamp's film was just going to be a retread of xenomorphs chasing marines. I'm glad we've found common ground.

Scorpio

Prometheus and Alien Covenant I would argue are better than Alien and Aliens.

There's a reason why all this hate for Ridley's prequel films has come out of the woodwork.  Prometheus had a mixed critical reception, yes, but was still a huge box office success.  The promise of another movie like Aliens appears to have certain segments of the population satisfied with nothing but this coming to fruition.

This encapsulates it all, really:

Not that everyone is like that, but if you don't acknowledge this trend you are basically ignoring the elephant.

monkeylove

Perhaps something like this, but involving the previous Alien movies and foreign viewers, especially those from Asia:

Millennials don't really care about classic movies

QuoteA new survey polling 1,000 millennials and 1,000 Americans over the age of 50 conducted by FYE.com, reveals that looking back into the history of cinema isn't the preference of youth today, with millennials exponentially more likely to have binged on films of the last 15 years than on classics from bygone eras.

Deathbearer

Quote from: Alionic on Dec 13, 2017, 02:28:33 AM

Me too, which is why the focus on A.I. creating bioweapons is so much more interesting.

Too bad an A.I.'s God complex is the last thing I wanted from an Alien movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed