Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 244,987 times)

Scorpio

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 06, 2017, 08:40:28 AM
Since the very first Alien movie, we've seen there's more to the universe than the Alien itself.

Exactly.

Quote from: Alienon on Dec 06, 2017, 11:07:19 AM
But with banal AI?

AI is banal?

Ash IS the main villain of ALIEN.

tleilaxu

Quote from: OmarVel1692 on Dec 06, 2017, 07:25:11 PM
I think I want Juan Antonio Bayona for directing the next alien film instead of scott. Just look at these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JvrgSPFbDs
God Bryce Dallas Howard is hot.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Dec 06, 2017, 09:36:07 PM
I think Scott misses making Blade Runner which is why he wants more AI in the next movie. Covenant to me was pretty meh for having dull characters and a weak story. Scott needs to hire better writers to write his movies in my opinion.

Or maybe the AI is the new hat from Ridley's point of view. Just like the ancient astronauts hypothesis a few years ago, which gained widespread popularity and a revival thanks to the mainstream media.

TWJones

What I love most about the original Alien film is everything leading up to the chest burst. That to me is the heart and soul of the movie. The mystery, the creepiness, the atmosphere. In fact, all of my favorite scenes are those where the Alien is not on screen. That's not to say I don't love the Big Chap, but to me anyway, he is secondary to everything else represented in the Alien universe.

That Scott has given time and attention to those other aspects is preferable to me. However, I also understand the the Alien itself is the point for many other fans. Neither of us are wrong, it's just a matter of preference.

Bring on the AI, the Engineers, the corporations...whatever it may be. I'm in.

CainsSon

Ant aliens and mind controlled android on android rape, don't seem that far away any more.

proto leech

im still on board for david's finale but scott continuously bashing the alien pisses me off. if you wanted to tell your little pet project AI story you should have saved it for your own franchise, you cant piggyback off the beasts fame and then say its "cooked".

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

Bah, this latest news just re-inforces my way of looking at Ridley's PROMETHEUS storylines as merely being an 'alternate re-imagining' of ALIEN's source material and elements, rather than being an actual prequel story to the original movie.

I never thought I'd end up having to think of them this way when Ridley announced his welcomed return to this franchise, considering these latest movies are directed and heavily conceived by the exact same person who gave us such an awesome movie in the first place - but I've come to the sad conclusion that ALIEN's original writers would NOT have come up with something that undermined the creepy 'cosmic horror' of the Xenomorph and Space Jockey in the ways that Ridley has chosen to do.

So I'll stick to looking on ALIEN as being a totally separate movie entity which gives the impression that the Xenomorphs and Space Jockeys are part of a wider, mysterious 'cosmic horror' in the universe, involving creatures that have evolved totally separately to mankind...rather than being 'something created by one of our robots', or being a 'spacesuit'!

Personally, I wanted an ALIEN prequel storyline to continue that 'cosmic horror' vibe of the unknown, rather than become 'the Fassbender's DAVID show'.  Such a pity, considering Ridley's continued great eye for visuals.

(But while I've resolved to look on Ridley's ongoing PROMETHEUS storyline as a separate kind of 'FanFic' unrelated to his original, I'm still willing to give them a re-watch in re-edited versions in the future - my current favourite versions for now happen to be CoalescedCha's excellent PROMETHEUS WORKPRINT EDITION 2017, and Ridley 79's equally excellent COVENANT RECUT.  Both have proved a far more satisfying watch to me compared to the theatrical versions)

Stitch

Stitch

Ridley Scott:
'Yes, the next Alien film will have no aliens, just AI. Then I'm going to film a Jurassic Park film featuring carrots, then I'll remake Hannibal using Ford Tauruses instead of elephants. Then I'll sell you some cornflakes made out of plywood.

Oh, and then I'm going to make a sequel to A.I. featuring Haley Joel Osment vs a Xenomorph and call it ALIEN.'

prometheusfire08

prometheusfire08

if jurassic park only had raptors in each movie ............ with "0" explination for their existence outside of destroyed/abandoned lab.
pretty sure it would be time for something else, a t Rex maybe ? how abut the back story for why we have seen 4 movies with just raptors WITH "0" EXPLINATION .....

Alionic

I'm still laughing at the people here who think no Aliens will be in the next one.

acrediblesource

Alien will now be called Blade Runner. Blade Runner will now be called ??

Dick Lebeau

Dick Lebeau

Is he talking about Alien or Blade Runner? Ya effin lost me in riddles...Why doesn't he quit already and go make an IG 88 movie for Disney instead? Or something..Peeps are here to see Alien dewd.

Whiskeybrewer

What a surprise. Another change in direction.

Someone needs to teach Ridley how to read a map

DaddyYautja

so scott basically used the Alien as a "backdoor pilot" for more robot movies?

The Crusher

Aliens are going to be difficult to avoid in the next film surely? David did bring two facehugger on board the Covenant. What I would love to see is the engineers turn up with a ship full of aliens! Could you imagine how pissed off that android would be, that would make up for everything.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed