Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 244,197 times)

chris_bert

But we had the artificial intelligence (AI) with Ash in the original Alien film (along with the original alien) and we've seen both (AI & aliens) in all subsequent films. For me, and I understand I may only be speaking for myself, the thing I enjoyed most with Prometheus in 2012 was the first look at the engineers. From my small group of interested friends, no one was really asking for more AI or more aliens; we were all kind of interested in the engineer. Unless the third "Promo" film has more engineer stuff, I'm not really interested in seeing David anymore (or Walter), but that's just me. I thank Sir Riddles for his vision and all that he has done, but if anything is "cooked," I'm thinking it's the same thing we've been seeing since the original film(s), so I'm kind of interested in something truly new...not sure what's left since Riddles doesn't seem interested in exploring more with the engineers? David's escapades are interesting, but I don't think his character is that interesting to devote an entire film to it; I'll pass on the next on Riddles. Thanks for the memories though. You're still a genius. 

reecebomb

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 04, 2017, 08:34:20 PM
Ridley is right.  A new movie focusing on David would be fantastic.  A great way to revive the franchise, rather than bogging it down in the tropes of the past. 

Can't wait for Covenant 2, I had a blast with Covenant 1 and Prometheus.  Keep them coming Ridley Scott.  :)

Yep, it's perfect for the superhero crowd.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

I dont have any problem with David as a character. . only if there would be still some Aliens in it. Just a small example - I also like Bishop from the second film, but I dont watch it just only because of him, is that clear?

trilobite

trilobite

i'm totally for exploring the engineers more and their race and culture, i'm not in the group of people who believe david wiped out the entirely of the species in a:c

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: chris_bert on Dec 04, 2017, 08:41:04 PM
But we had the artificial intelligence (AI) with Ash in the original Alien film (along with the original alien) and we've seen both (AI & aliens) in all subsequent films. For me, and I understand I may only be speaking for myself, the thing I enjoyed most with Prometheus in 2012 was the first look at the engineers. From my small group of interested friends, no one was really asking for more AI or more aliens; we were all kind of interested in the engineer. Unless the third "Promo" film has more engineer stuff, I'm not really interested in seeing David anymore (or Walter), but that's just me.

And Ash was far more effective than David's fairy tale potrayal of the AI.   

Quote from: trilobite on Dec 04, 2017, 08:49:37 PM
i'm totally for exploring the engineers more and their race and culture, i'm not in the group of people who believe david wiped out the entirely of the species in a:c

But if they really were engineers, then they are not even worth exploring, perhaps they weren't though,

Ingwar

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 04, 2017, 08:34:20 PM
Ridley is right.  A new movie focusing on David would be fantastic.  A great way to revive the franchise, rather than bogging it down in the tropes of the past. 

Tropes of the past have been use in Covenant. In kinda disappointing way.

I don't mind movie with David as a main villain. The problem is that's gonna be Alien prequel.

Scott contradicts himself. He says the beast is cooked and they should drift away from the alien stuff and then he wants to make ... Alien prequel? Hmm.

skhellter

skhellter

I have a feeling that Ridley is gonna go full throttle with the
"Alien is a biomechanoid" meme and imbue the final Xenomorph
with an AI of some sort.

"David's spirit will be in all of them".

:laugh:

trilobite

trilobite

Quote from: reecebomb on Dec 04, 2017, 08:50:20 PM
Quote from: chris_bert on Dec 04, 2017, 08:41:04 PM
But we had the artificial intelligence (AI) with Ash in the original Alien film (along with the original alien) and we've seen both (AI & aliens) in all subsequent films. For me, and I understand I may only be speaking for myself, the thing I enjoyed most with Prometheus in 2012 was the first look at the engineers. From my small group of interested friends, no one was really asking for more AI or more aliens; we were all kind of interested in the engineer. Unless the third "Promo" film has more engineer stuff, I'm not really interested in seeing David anymore (or Walter), but that's just me.

And Ash was far more effective than a David's fairy tale potrayal of the AI.   

But if they really were engineers, than they are not even worth exploring, perhaps they weren't though,

they may not have been part of the same faction of engineers, but they were clearly the same race

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 04, 2017, 08:54:02 PM
Inb4 Ridley goes full throttle with the "Alien is a BioMECHAnoid" meme
and gives the final Xenomorph an AI of some sort.
Inb4 they all have "David's spirit". ;D  :laugh:

(imagine the SALT)

your posts are rather difficult to understand ha

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Of course David did not kill entirely all the Engineers, maybe all the ones in the city, but not the rest of them on other planets far, far away. And he also did not create the Xenomorphs, he just recreated them by using the patogen, the actual Aliens and other their variations already existed a long time ago. Patogen is the original blueprint for all the Alien stuff in Alien films, ask the Engineers where they find it, or how they created it.

skhellter

you need a masters degree in 4chan/nerdspeak.  ;D

tleilaxu

Not sure how I feel about this. I loved the Neomorph, I loved the Xeno (apart from the shitty CGI when it walks down the ladder), I loved the embryos (both humans and facehuggers). If Ridley means having a bigger story in the center apart from Alien chase scenes, then I'm all for it, but we NEED Aliens and we need embryos.

PierreVW

FOX are NOT selling the ALIEN or X-MEN Franchises. Disney wants to buy OLD MOVIE RIGHTS like the original DIE HARD(1988) and the 24 TV SERIES.

And those talks are for the future. IF they make a total reboot of ALIEN is AFTER this new movie from Ridley Scott. A total reboot is for 2020-2021.

Remember Ridley Scott is way faster than 4 years from now. Ridley could release his new ALIEN prequel in 2019 Worldwide.

Perfect-Organism

AI has always been a part of the franchise.  But so have aliens.  Keep both, or start something fresh.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: genocyber on Dec 04, 2017, 07:55:58 PM
Hey, asshole. The movie is about the ALIEN. Not your boy toy David.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I guess someone had enough Ridley-ism ;D

0321recon

0321recon

Several months back Scott mentioned in a interview when Covenant was premiering in China that the next film would deal with the engineers coming back to Paradise and finding it destroyed.

From there, you can pretty much guess what's going to happen. They find Walter, fix him. Debrief him with what occurred to their world, and were David is heading. They go to Origae-6 and find a world created by him.

I guess that's what were getting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed