Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 245,348 times)

Jonesy1974

I don't think it would have anything to do with power. Ego maybe, that would be normal but I think he loves playing in a sci fi sandbox and is genuinely interested in exploring certain themes and ideas within the universe. Not everyone shares those interests but that's just how it goes.

0321recon

Quote from: Alionic on Dec 05, 2017, 07:26:55 PM
Quote from: Whos_Nick on Dec 05, 2017, 04:16:48 PM
Can we also stop generalizing people if they don't like where this prequel series is going? If someone speaks against it they're automatically said to be a drone who wants pulse rifles and aliens

Maybe it's because most of the people trashing the prequels are demanding pulse rifles and alien queens in between personally attacking Ridley Scott ("Senile! George Lucas clone!" etc.).

I have to agree with this statement. I've come across several posts elsewhere were Scott is personally attacked. It's a bit hyperbolic, and that's been charitable. We all could give constructive criticism like some in AVP Galaxy have given regarding x film in the franchise though, once it goes personal, that's when I just tune out.

Baron Von Marlon

Ridley's still making movies for the same reason the Rolling Stones are still touring and making music.
Their job is their hobby. They don't need the cash. They just like doing what they do.

Jonesy1974

Quote from: 0321recon on Dec 05, 2017, 11:18:38 PM
Can we also stop generalizing people if they don't like where this prequel series is going? If someone speaks against it they're automatically said to be a drone who wants pulse rifles and aliens

Maybe it's because most of the people trashing the prequels are demanding pulse rifles and alien queens in between personally attacking Ridley Scott ("Senile! George Lucas clone!" etc.).

I have to agree with this statement. I've come across several posts elsewhere were Scott is personally attacked. It's a bit hyperbolic, and that's been charitable. We all could give constructive criticism like some in AVP Galaxy have given regarding x film in the franchise though, once it goes personal, that's when I just tune out.

Agreed

Scorpio

I remember what Wayne Haag said on one of the podcasts - it's easy to say a film sucks or is shit, but hundreds of talented people worked on it, from the sets, costumes, effects, etc.  You are basically slagging off all of those people.

Alionic

Quote from: Highland on Dec 05, 2017, 10:31:48 PM

If we are going to keep this fake argument going, maybe we should mention the other group that defend anything Scott says or does. The man is taking the alcohol out of beer and you're still trying to tell us it'll be a great time at the beer festival.

I never knew the Xenomorphs were analogous to alcohol. I need to catch up on my Zizek, apparently.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Alionic on Dec 06, 2017, 12:03:13 AM
Quote from: Highland on Dec 05, 2017, 10:31:48 PM

If we are going to keep this fake argument going, maybe we should mention the other group that defend anything Scott says or does. The man is taking the alcohol out of beer and you're still trying to tell us it'll be a great time at the beer festival.

I never knew the Xenomorphs were analogous to alcohol. I need to catch up on my Zizek, apparently.

Created with chemicals in a beaker. Pretty damn close!

whiterabbit

If Ridley's doing this and we all know he's doing this, he should go full balls into it and call the next movie David: Covenant. Totally get an AC:DC thing going here.

PierreVW

Some people here want a smaller and more simple film. Similar to ALIEN(1979).

I saw ALIEN(1979) yesterday. Still it is a masterpiece but we never saw the famous monster. We only saw the famous monster in the last scenes of the classic. ALIEN is very similar to another classic: JAWS(Spielberg).

That style died 30 years ago.

Highland

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 06, 2017, 12:35:52 AM
If Ridley's doing this and we all know he's doing this, he should go full balls into it and call the next movie David: Covenant. Totally get an AC:DC thing going here.

This is an interesting point though. What are they going to call it? We will have Prometheus, Alien Covenant, David...?

These seem more like what a short story author would do rather than a connected trilogy. I'm interested to see if they will box them together and call them the Alien trilogy or what not.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Alien: Dunamis or Alien: Peirasmos will be my guess, keeping with a Greek name theme.

Highland

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Dec 06, 2017, 01:28:53 AM
Alien: Dunamis or Alien: Peirasmos will be my guess, keeping with a Greek name theme.

If the movie is mainly about David, they are going to have that's same "no Alien in Alien movie" comment.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: PierreVW on Dec 06, 2017, 01:10:33 AM
Some people here want a smaller and more simple film. Similar to ALIEN(1979).

I saw ALIEN(1979) yesterday. Still it is a masterpiece but we never saw the famous monster. We only saw the famous monster in the last scenes of the classic. ALIEN is very similar to another classic: JAWS(Spielberg).

That style died 30 years ago.

Well no. That style is fine then and it's fine now.

The thing is... Alien is supposed to graduate. Get a bit bigger each time. That doesn't mean sacrifice the scares, it means be a bit different and a bit bigger each time. That's what any good franchise does. Can't do monster in a tin can twice. Alien. Aliens. Prometheus. Good examples of playing in different corners of the sandbox successfully/more successfully than not.

BonesawT101

Why don't they make a James Bond movie without James Bond? Or a Jurassic Park movie without the dinosaurs? Or a Batman movie with no Batman?

joylit

I would love to see the marketing campaign around this travesty.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed