AvPGalaxy Visit and Interview with StudioADI!

Started by RidgeTop, Dec 03, 2017, 08:54:16 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Visit and Interview with StudioADI! (Read 1,601 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Alien vs. Predator Galaxy had the incredible opportunity to visit studioADI recently! Not only did we get to have a tour around the monster shop that has been responsible for the Alien and Predator for over 20 years, we also had the chance to speak to studio founders and creature-effect artists Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff Jr!

It's the last day of my trip in Southern California. As I approached the nondescript office building, I couldn't help but feel a combination of nervousness and excitement. I knew I was about to meet two people that I've respected for a long time, artists whose work has inspired me and fascinated me since my teenage years. I knew I was about to see the works of numerous other artists of the studio, masters of their crafts. What looked like an ordinary office parking lot I had drove into felt like approaching an abyss of otherworldly monsters and technology, one I had only seen through behind the scenes videos on DVDs of some of my favorite films.

AvPGalaxy Visit and Interview with StudioADI!

Myself, forum member SizzyBubbles, and Alec Gillis in the studioADI display room

Click here to continue reading the article and to watch our interview with Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff JrTom talks a little about his previous Alien 5 pitch, the studio’s work on the upcoming The Predator and more!

studioADI is expanding their social media presence so be sure to check them out on FacebookTwitter, and YouTube. They also have a Newsletter if you'd like to receive their updates via email.

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Russ840

Enjoyed the interview. They do seem like great guys.

Ridgetop. How were the AR warriors in person ?

Corporal Hicks

I just wanted to thank the folk at ADI who made this happen - Chris and Camille. I know RidgeTop and Sizzy had a great time.

I really enjoyed the article. That was such a fantastic opportunity and I am immensely jealous!

I also loved the interview. Alec and Tom are hilarious. If we ever speak to them again, going to have to ask about some plot details for that Alien: Salvation!  :P

Russ840

Lol. Sounds ultra top secret to me.

Darkness

I'm really proud of you RidgeTop for doing this. Such an amazing opportunity and doing a video interview was a great achievement. Very professional of you.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 04, 2017, 07:16:02 PM
I'm really proud of you RidgeTop for doing this. Such an amazing opportunity and doing a video interview was a great achievement. Very professional of you.

Really appreciate that man. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to go on behalf of the site, and thanks to Corporal Hicks, Chris, and Camille. It was a memorable visit for both of us.

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 04, 2017, 06:32:15 AM
Enjoyed the interview. They do seem like great guys.

Ridgetop. How were the AR warriors in person ?

Really cool to see up close! I've seen a few life size Alien reproductions before but not of the ADI style. The Resurrection one was pretty tall and imposing. That other one in the AVP diorama with Scar seemed smaller, but I think they had to do that so that it could be posed leaping on Scar. I'll always prefer the black look to the Alien, but I never had any issue with the ADI style. I thought the design was a great take on the Alien, though I do think it's about time we see something with more bio-mechanical features, which I'd love to see them have a go at. 

Russ840

That's awesome dude. I like the Res Warrior in the context of the film. I think it's great. I'm not so foud of it in the AvP's showcasing that design but ADI still did a fantastic job regardless of my preference.  Agreed. Would love to see their take on the biomechanical look.

It's always great to see this community well represented.  You did a great job dude.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed