Does anyone else feel that the Neomorph is truly the perfect organism?

Started by GreybackElder, Nov 29, 2017, 03:00:21 AM

Author
Does anyone else feel that the Neomorph is truly the perfect organism? (Read 4,838 times)

TWJones

Right or wrong, I always saw the Neomorph as a natural evolution of the black goo, something unique to the planet that derived from the way the black goo interacted with the local fauna and flora. Which meant that it had no acid blood.

With David engineering the Xenomorph, adding acid blood would mean that the creature was as dangerous in death as it was in life. All part of David's efforts to create a "perfect organism."

tleilaxu

Quote from: Stitch on Dec 06, 2017, 09:24:06 PM
The Xenomorph was never shown to have acid saliva, though, only blood. Saliva was KY jelly.
Well, there's a part in Alien Resurrection where a Xeno spits acid at a dude IIRC.

Biomechanoid

I would bet dollars to donuts my ex-wife has acid for blood.

SM

Quote from: tleilaxu on Dec 06, 2017, 10:42:14 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Dec 06, 2017, 09:24:06 PM
The Xenomorph was never shown to have acid saliva, though, only blood. Saliva was KY jelly.
Well, there's a part in Alien Resurrection where a Xeno spits acid at a dude IIRC.

Alien 3 and Resurrection.

But generally the saliva isn't acidic, otherwise there'd be hull breaches out the wazoo.

windebieste

Saliva isn't acidic and neither is slime, of which Aliens exude more than their fair share - but their blood is corrosive.

All an Alien has to do is bite the interior of its mouth with its tongue and hey, Presto!  Oral hemorrhage that it can spit out.  Not hard to figure out, really.  All Aliens can probably do it.  Don't need to see it every time, though.

-Windebieste.

Highland

Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on Dec 06, 2017, 02:45:09 PM
Quote from: Highland on Dec 06, 2017, 08:58:18 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 05, 2017, 07:25:45 PM
Quote from: Highland on Dec 05, 2017, 02:07:00 PM
His hand hisses as he raises it up - watch it again.

It's supposed to be melting with acid. Simplest explanation here is that the Neo's have the acid biology.

The simplest explanation without anything to really back it up...?

Unless Android blood chemically reacts to the air ( not seen in any other film), why insert that sound effect.

I'll buy that it's a sound editing blunder though.

I don't know why is this heck of a debate related to Walter's forearm smoking. The Neomorph bit it and it's the short-circuit which made the smoke. It was a subtle way of showing Walter's robotic arm.

The Neomorph didn't have acid blood. Oram shoots the Neomorph and then shoots again  while it's lying on the floor and there wasn't any smoke from the floor due to any corrosion.

It's an inconsistency originated from the amateurish mind of Michael Green and we have to deal with it.

I'm just saying that the sound effect gives the impression it's been melted, since we never see this hissing in any other scene when a synthetic gets damaged.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TWJones on Dec 06, 2017, 10:38:00 PM
With David engineering the Xenomorph, adding acid blood would mean that the creature was as dangerous in death as it was in life. All part of David's efforts to create a "perfect organism."

The problem with that is we see the Hammerpede also have acidic blood. It may have had that ability previously but I think the implication, at the time anyway, with the accelerant was that it was giving Alien-like abilities and appearances to other creatures.

Space7Horror

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 07, 2017, 09:15:08 AM
Quote from: TWJones on Dec 06, 2017, 10:38:00 PM

The problem with that is we see the Hammerpede also have acidic blood. It may have had that ability previously but I think the implication, at the time anyway, with the accelerant was that it was giving Alien-like abilities and appearances to other creatures.

I still feel thats the case with the accelerant.  It creates violent creatures that have traits the original Alien had but it just turns out the accelerant came first.  Maybe it doesn't give each creature acid blood but in most cases they all seem to share something with the Alien. 

OpenMaw

Hell, it's possible the accelerate didn't come first. It could be derived from the Alien itself. Similar to what we discover in the Alien III Gibson drafts about the Alien's chemistry being very very aggressive and tenacious and prone to finding it's pure form one way or the other. The accelerate could like two-way roots of a tree, branching out, contorting, but ultimately finding their way back to the Alien in it's purest form. That is, after all, true to the Alien's nature. A survivor.

Corporal Hicks

Hmmmm. I think I could also get behind the idea of the accelerant being derivative of the Alien. It kind of fits into that fan theory that the Engineers are imitating the Space Jockeys. They've imitated their space tech and suits, now they're trying to find a way to imitate the Jockey's Aliens.

Highland

Would be slightly inconceivable that David could spend 10 years coming up with almost the exact creature with some human body parts and a jar of black goo. The accelerant making the Alien seems to fit better.

Space7Horror

When Prometheus first came out my original thought was that the accelerant was derived from Alien DNA and was essentially made to make the species more controllable/containable.  As time went on though and after Covenant I fee like the accelerant is the beginning or at least it was derived from something much worse.  Prometheus showed us in the murals that the alien already existed but their main focus was still the accelerant which makes me think that it is something the Engineers had found and experimented with, just as David is doing. 
I think it works with the idea that the engineers are just pawns as well and that there are bigger and worse things out there. 

The_Foxcatcher

The_Foxcatcher

Quote from: Space7Horror on Dec 08, 2017, 08:33:18 PM
When Prometheus first came out my original thought was that the accelerant was derived from Alien DNA and was essentially made to make the species more controllable/containable.  As time went on though and after Covenant I fee like the accelerant is the beginning or at least it was derived from something much worse.  Prometheus showed us in the murals that the alien already existed but their main focus was still the accelerant which makes me think that it is something the Engineers had found and experimented with, just as David is doing. 
I think it works with the idea that the engineers are just pawns as well and that there are bigger and worse things out there.

In original draft by Jon Spaihts, there were Scarabs instead of Black Goo. The scarabs used to inject DNA matrix which then spreads across the body into each cells of the Host and replaces the Host's DNA with the delivery DNA. On primitive Earth, the scarab injects Engineer's DNA into an early hominid woman and transforming her into more human. Fifield was injected with Xenomorph DNA and he turned into Xenomorphic creature. 

So if we believe the Black Goo to have same kind of action, then the Black Goo is a version of 'Vector virus'. It is imbibded with the Ultramorph's  (Mural creature) DNA. It enters the body on cellular level and replaces the host DNA by the delivery DNA.

Space7Horror

Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on Dec 09, 2017, 12:37:50 PM

In original draft by Jon Spaihts, there were Scarabs instead of Black Goo. The scarabs used to inject DNA matrix which then spreads across the body into each cells of the Host and replaces the Host's DNA with the delivery DNA. On primitive Earth, the scarab injects Engineer's DNA into an early hominid woman and transforming her into more human. Fifield was injected with Xenomorph DNA and he turned into Xenomorphic creature. 

So if we believe the Black Goo to have same kind of action, then the Black Goo is a version of 'Vector virus'. It is imbibded with the Ultramorph's  (Mural creature) DNA. It enters the body on cellular level and replaces the host DNA by the delivery DNA.

I actually like that idea.  That it is customizable and the accelerant can change the DNA of whomever it comes in contact with based off how it was initially created.  It would actually explain how the engineer in the opening of Prometheus drank an accelerant like substance but created humans and not Aliens.  It must have contained the DNA of Engineers. 

The_Foxcatcher

The_Foxcatcher

Quote from: Space7Horror on Dec 09, 2017, 01:57:20 PM
Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on Dec 09, 2017, 12:37:50 PM

I actually like that idea.  That it is customizable and the accelerant can change the DNA of whomever it comes in contact with based off how it was initially created.  It would actually explain how the engineer in the opening of Prometheus drank an accelerant like substance but created humans and not Aliens.  It must have contained the DNA of Engineers.

Yes, actually, in original draft of Jon Spaihts, the Engineer in the prologue scene opens some can and scarabs comes out of it and crawls over all of his body slowly ripping off his body bit by bit and engulfing his DNA until his body is fully consumed (disintegrated). These scarabs then scatter all over the surface of Earth. One of them then attacks a Primitive Hominid woman on her neck and injects the DNA matrix.

So... To sum up,  Scarabs disintegrated Engineers' body and then mutated an Earthly Life form. So it's possible that the original Black Goo was designed to disintegrate a life form first to derive its DNA and then used to mutate other life forms with that DNA.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed