Does anyone else feel that the Neomorph is truly the perfect organism?

Started by GreybackElder, Nov 29, 2017, 03:00:21 AM

Author
Does anyone else feel that the Neomorph is truly the perfect organism? (Read 4,836 times)

GreybackElder

It feels that the Neomorph is way more of a "perfect organism" than the xenomorph. First off, the life cycle is more efficient. Nothing is quicker than spreading disease than an airborne pathogen. It seems that if anything, an Egg and a face-hugger just complicate things.  Also, after the neomorph is born it is instantly dangerous because it's just a smaller version of the adult. The xenomorph on the other hand(in all other movies besides AC) have an infantile stage which is the chesterbuster we all know and love. The only time a chest buster killed anyone other than the host was in Alien Resurrection. Larry purvis chestbuster kills Dr. Mason Wren. What are your thoughts?

SM

Chestbursters have the potential to be just as dangerous as Neomorph infants, due to their size and speed.

Neomorphs seem to gestate much faster, but we don't know what their life cycle is in terms of production of the motes. ie. We don't know how a Neomorph can create more Neomorphs.

Xenomorphs would appear to be more robust, and have the advantage of being able to create more Aliens via facehuggers.

There's pros and cons to both.

Scorpio

Quote from: GreybackElder on Nov 29, 2017, 03:00:21 AM
Nothing is quicker than spreading disease than an airborne pathogen.

It's not a pathogen it's way too big and it's airborne abilities are very limited.

asil

Nothing is quicker than spreading disease than an airborne pathogen.

Neomorph fits with the nature and "perfect" with the environment.

But xenomorph is different. It's against the nature. It's tempered and manufactured. It's specialized in purpose based on who created it. It's perfect to the eye of creator (Android, Engineer, etc). Like David is to Weyland. But David is a product that against the nature. It doesn't fit at all. He & Walter tried a lot of things to fit. Xenomorph probably the nearest thing that David hopes to be perfect to him.

dave1978

Not at all,  way too weak and squelchy.  People seem to have forgotten that the true Xenomorph has a silicone exoskeleton which is extremely tough where the Neomorph was fleshy and soft,  easy meat.

SM

Facehuggers replace their cells with polarised silicon.  We don't know if adult Aliens have silicone exoskeletons.  Well we know they aren't 'exoskeletons', but that's by the by.

GreybackElder

Very good point everyone. Xenos do have a silicone like substance in their exoskeleton, making them
One tough little son of a bitch.  Also Xenos aren't limited to mote like plants.
I guess my thinking is that the mode of transmission for the Neomorph seems much more efficient than the Xenos. I mean, you disturb a plant like thing and motes from that infect you. There is no "middle man." No facehugger that has to latch on. Also the motes are microscopic making it impossible to see.
But overall you all make a convincing point. We don't know the true life cycle of the neomorphs. Their limited by the environment. Also, I assume you have to get pretty close to the plants to be infected. There really are advantages and disadvantages to both species. Although, I'd love to see how a full grown deacon stands up to this.
Thanks everyone.

skhellter

skhellter

The Neomorph's reproduction IS more efficient, yes..

but

The FaceHugger's modus operandi reflects David's "rapey" attitude towards humans.
It can be seen as a kind of signature and an "f u" to humanity from David.
The "motes" are deadly.. but the facehuggers are deadly AND humilliating.
And that seems to be David's goal, really.

+ the xeno's are a LOT tougher than the neomorphs, as has been said already.

The_Foxcatcher

It feels that the Neomorph is way more of a "perfect organism" than the xenomorph. First off, the life cycle is more efficient. Nothing is quicker than spreading disease than an airborne pathogen. It seems that if anything, an Egg and a face-hugger just complicate things.  Also, after the neomorph is born it is instantly dangerous because it's just a smaller version of the adult. The xenomorph on the other hand(in all other movies besides AC) have an infantile stage which is the chesterbuster we all know and love. The only time a chest buster killed anyone other than the host was in Alien Resurrection. Larry purvis chestbuster kills Dr. Mason Wren. What are your thoughts?

Spores are ofcourse more efficient & undetectable method of impregnation. And I see no difference between Neo & Xeno in terms of strength & agility. So what David did, simply didn't result into anything special.

The only advantage I see is that the Facehuggers are more locomotion-oriented and can crawl and hunt the host more specifically instead of air-borne spores which is much dependant on the force of the wind.

>> Facehuggers can move long distance and specifically. Rooms to Rooms, Wall to Walls.
>> Facehuggers can attack the host even in his suit and helmets. It has the ability to slowly erode glasses of Helmets & Hypersleep chambers and make its way through without harming the host.
>> Facehuggers can temporarily put the host unconscious (and incur temporary amnesia). This can prevent the host attempting to kill himself/herself after he/she learns that they're infected and hence preventing the death of undeveloped chestbuster embryo.
>> I think Facehuggers also bear some intelligence allowing them to specifically attack at the right moment, Run, Hide etc. Just my guess. As we see in Aliens, the facehuggers attacked Ripley & Newt just when they went to sleep and in a room where there weren't soldiers around. I wouldn't say literally that intelligent but in some way, they act more voluntarily.

If at all David improvised the Alien lifecylce, he did it by introducing (engineering) Facehugger.
At the end, we also see that the Facehuggers eggs are even more handy & transportable if they're in its embryo form.

>> About Spores, I think that the Pods needed to stay on ground. They're most probably mutated spore-producing Fungus. Its grown on Tree stems/roots. So it needs to remain attached. If its true, then ofcourse, they aren't transportatable or else one need to cut the whole tree stem alongwith it. Just my guess.

Highland

Highland

Well if we go from the story that's now been presented to us then it's clear each creature serves two completely different purposes. One is a deadly pathogen designed or harnessed by the engineers to wipe out planets. The other is David's pet project. The mistake is trying to compare them.

We, the fans, are probably still looking at it from the angle that the Alien was a Bio weapon and thus comparing it to the real bio weapon ( the black goo) , when Covenant pretty much puts that to bed.

Maybe it's the perfect organism. That doesn't mean it's the perfect weapon.

SM

QuoteThe only advantage I see is that the Facehuggers are more locomotion-oriented and can crawl and hunt the host more specifically instead of air-borne spores which is much dependant on the force of the wind.

They move of their own volition as evidenced by Ledward's case.

tleilaxu

Quote from: Highland on Nov 29, 2017, 03:40:51 PM
Well if we go from the story that's now been presented to us then it's clear each creature serves two completely different purposes. One is a deadly pathogen designed or harnessed by the engineers to wipe out planets. The other is David's pet project. The mistake is trying to compare them.

We, the fans, are probably still looking at it from the angle that the Alien was a Bio weapon and thus comparing it to the real bio weapon ( the black goo) , when Covenant pretty much puts that to bed.

Maybe it's the perfect organism. That doesn't mean it's the perfect weapon.
Exactly. The Neomorph spore pods would be better for killing a population, but David's ultimate prize is his big Wolf. It's not about creating the perfect bioweapon, the black goo already fills that role, it's about creating the perfect organism.

Nukiemorph

Also, I'm pretty sure neomorphs don't have the acid-blood defense mechanism.  I see a lot of people citing Walter's hand being burned off by acid, but I'm pretty sure the neomorph bites it off.

Corporal Hicks

It does bite it off but his hand is also left with smoke coming off of it.

TheBATMAN

Neomorphs don't seem to have much in the way of natural armour plating either and can be taken down quite easily with a few short bursts. The xenomorph is much more resilient in this respect.

And if you are Ridley Scott the xenomorph can regenerate missing body parts completely.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed