Who would you like to see in the next movie? Or in any new Alien movie?

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Nov 24, 2017, 07:56:10 PM

Author
Who would you like to see in the next movie? Or in any new Alien movie? (Read 37,482 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 01, 2017, 11:20:39 PM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Nov 30, 2017, 01:07:14 AM
Quote from: Shinawi on Nov 29, 2017, 09:00:00 PM
Harrison Ford
Would be weird to watch because of his role in Star Wars.

That doesn't make any sense. None. Zero.

If I'd see Harrison Ford on board of a spaceship, my brain would go "Han Solo" all the time while expecting to hear Star Wars music.

Highland

I think the cast of each new movie ( barring some weird choices like the scientists in Prometheus) has been quite good. Even the Covenant cast is quite good. There's nothing wrong with the casting choices. Harrison Ford and Leo aren't going to make an average story better.

So I guess my answer is, it doesn't really matter.

reecebomb

Cast does matter a great deal, but this thread is pretty much a testament why fans shouldn't never really get involved in the
actual film making process. (And if you ask me lot of the hardcore  fans have abandoned this site after Alien prequels were released)
Covenant as flawed as it is, did the casting a lot better than the suggestions in this this thread minus a couple exceptions.
I personally think the stars of the Alien films should be relatively unknown but highly talented, take inspiration from no further than the original films. You don't need a whatever name that gets to be cast in the most blockbusters of today to make a successful Alien film, and obviously there is no need to shun away abtalented popular actor/actress if the casting doesn't break the budget. Sorry for the 5am getting wasted in a club post but you get my drift.

Baron Von Marlon

I consider this thread something to kill time while we wait for news.

In reality, I prefer less known or unknown people. If they're talented enough they can do the job just as well as the big names.
This way there's more budget left for other stuff.

Highland

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 02, 2017, 06:33:28 AM

In reality, I prefer less known or unknown people. If they're talented enough they can do the job just as well as the big names.

I mean I gave Oram some heavy criticism, but it wasn't anything to do with the acting ability. I even thought McBride was pretty decent.

It's kind of a shame they'd already burned Theron. She was spot on as an action star in Mad Max.

cafam2000

Yeah, I think that the lesser known actors especially Amy Seimetz, Ben Rigby, Carmen Ejogo gave performances as good as Crudup or McBride or even Waterston.

To be honest I love the cast and aside from all of the problems of the movie, I personally have to say that in terms of casting, it is one of the best in the franchise.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SM on Dec 02, 2017, 12:12:18 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 01, 2017, 04:40:15 PM
Quote from: SM on Nov 30, 2017, 01:19:24 AM
The story goes that Ford knocked back Alien the first time.

That's been disproved.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=22294.msg2155419#msg2155419

I'm not 100% sure the story is true, but that doesn't disprove anything.  Mary Goldberg may have simply contacted Ford's agent and it was declined at that stage without ever getting to the audition stage.

Yeah but the only source for that story comes from Garry Jenkins' biography about Ford. And he specifically wrote that Scott had offered Ford the role of Dallas at Elstree studios, which would suggest a face-to-face meeting. There's absolutely no mention whatsoever in any other interviews with Ford or Scott of any prior contact, either directly or through casting agents before Blade Runner.

Scott did however meet Ford at Elstree studios for the first time in 1980 to offer him the role of Deckard while Ford was still filming Raiders of the Lost Ark. I suspect Jenkins probably got his facts mixed-up.

BishopShouldGo

http://movieline.com/2010/10/19/james-franco-a-maybe-for-alien-prequel/

Oh, those were the days. What'd they do to you, James? You'll do Why Him? but not an ACTUAL role in a Ridley Scott Alien movie!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

And Rebecca Ferguson as Daniels was also a maybe at one point. I think Cate Blanchett as well. Ridley also met with Leonardo DiCaprio a few months before filming on Covenant began but I think that was probably for a possible role in The Cartel which at that point was still scheduled to be filmed after Covenant.

PierreVW

Quote from: Highland on Dec 01, 2017, 08:29:51 AM
Did you just pull those out of a lottery style ball dispenser with famous peoples names inside.

No. Some are stars which worked with Ridley Scott in the past. Others are people I love.

reecebomb

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 02, 2017, 06:33:28 AM

True, can't argue with that.

bb-15

Quote from: reecebomb on Dec 02, 2017, 03:02:08 AM
Cast does matter a great deal, but this thread is pretty much a testament why fans shouldn't never really get involved in the
actual film making process. (And if you ask me lot of the hardcore  fans have abandoned this site after Alien prequels were released)
Covenant as flawed as it is, did the casting a lot better than the suggestions in this this thread minus a couple exceptions...

Yeah.

As for the question, "Who would you like to see in the next movie?"
I have no preference in terms of casting.
When I saw "Alien" in 1979, I had no idea who Sigourney Weaver was.
Seeing "Aliens" the first time in 1986, I didn't know who Carrie Henn or Lance Henriksen were.
- Casting directors specialize in getting the talent for movies.

* I'd just like to see a new Alien movie in the next couple of years and I'll go with whoever the studio and filmmakers choose.

;)

Anthony

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 02, 2017, 05:14:32 PM
And Rebecca Ferguson as Daniels was also a maybe at one point. I think Cate Blanchett as well. Ridley also met with Leonardo DiCaprio a few months before filming on Covenant began but I think that was probably for a possible role in The Cartel which at that point was still scheduled to be filmed after Covenant.

She was in talks, but it she also took a role The Snowman, and that would have created scheduling conflicts it seems.

PsyKore

I honestly feel like they need to cut down on the amount of actors in these films. Too many red shirts that we don't care about, which is detrimental to the horror that's going on in the film. The actors are fine, but half of them just aren't fleshed out or utilised properly. To me, Alien films work better when it's a more intimate, smaller cast.

0321recon

Quote from: PsyKore on Dec 03, 2017, 02:06:55 AM
I honestly feel like they need to cut down on the amount of actors in these films. Too many red shirts that we don't care about, which is detrimental to the horror that's going on in the film. The actors are fine, but half of them just aren't fleshed out or utilised properly. To me, Alien films work better when it's a more intimate, smaller cast.

I agree. If Fox would had kept it to Rapace and Fassbender with some engineer/neomorph  horror would had hit it off the park.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed