Who would you like to see in the next movie? Or in any new Alien movie?

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Nov 24, 2017, 07:56:10 PM

Author
Who would you like to see in the next movie? Or in any new Alien movie? (Read 36,286 times)

Winter_Alekss

Sarah Paulson
Robert Downey Jr
Sebastian Stan
Anne Hathaway

monkeylove

Follow the first two Alien movies. That is, get strong actors, including those who have worked extensively in theater. Also, use actors' appearance and age to amplify atmosphere. For example, for the cast of the first movie, Ebert writes,

QuoteNone of them were particularly young. Tom Skerritt, the captain, was 46, Hurt was 39 but looked older, Holm was 48, Harry Dean Stanton was 53, Yaphet Kotto was 42, and only Veronica Cartwright at 30 and Weaver at 29 were in the age range of the usual thriller cast. Many recent action pictures have improbably young actors cast as key roles or sidekicks, but by skewing older, Alien achieves a certain texture without even making a point of it: These are not adventurers but workers, hired by a company to return 20 million tons of ore to Earth.[17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_(film)#Cast

This technique is mostly lost to contemporary producers, and only because they need attractive A-listers to increase ticket sales.

For any cast members playing military personnel, follow this move from the second movie:

QuoteActors who played marines were asked to read Starship Troopers and undergo military training, which included running, lifting weights, learning salutes, marches, deployments, and maneuvers, for two weeks. Cameron wanted the marines to train together so that they would form bonds that would show on-screen. Sigourney Weaver, William Hope, and Paul Reiser were absent from training because of other obligations, but Cameron felt that this suited their characters as "outsiders" in the film.[11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_(film)#Cast

Berend

Damn, your list seems near perfect. Give this man a casting chair!

bb-15

Quote from: Berend on Nov 27, 2017, 05:15:18 AM

LOL!
Several recent movies have "Game of Thrones" veterans.
They would be cheaper to hire than A listers.
But even better for a producer/director, is to get cheap unknown actors who are effective enough to help fill seats in a movie theater.

Take Sigourney Weaver; before "Alien" she was pretty much only a stage actor.
Getting her for "Alien" was great casting.

;)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Munkeywrench on Nov 25, 2017, 02:29:35 AM
Jason Issacs

After watching Discovery and OA, I'd be behind this. I think he'd make a really interesting casting choice!

SM

As a medic who speaks Latin.

skhellter

Sean Pertwee

as "generic hardass".

Jonesy1974

Paddy Considine as anyone really. I just think hes a fantastic actor.

Russ

Who would we cast as the Nostromo crew in a hypothetical Alien reboot?

skhellter

Nobody.

A decent Alien Reboot wouldnt repeat the Nostromo storyline.

grootsuit

grootsuit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 27, 2017, 09:00:15 AM
Quote from: Munkeywrench on Nov 25, 2017, 02:29:35 AM
Jason Issacs

After watching Discovery and OA, I'd be behind this. I think he'd make a really interesting casting choice!
i just found out they're making season 2 of the oa, so happy about this

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Berend on Nov 27, 2017, 05:15:18 AM

Thanks!  ;D

Quote from: skhellter on Nov 27, 2017, 09:59:36 AM
Sean Pertwee

as "generic hardass".

I almost put him on my list.  :)
Great actor. Still remember the first time I saw him acting in I.D.

SM

BishopShouldGo

Give me Gary Oldman.

Fincher wanted to cast him for Alien 3.

Scorpio

I just want good actors.  Nobody would have picked Katherine Waterston, but Ridley Scott doesn't watch blockbusters with popular and well known actors.  They all get started in indies which nobody here watches but that's where all the new talent comes from.  A known face is the most predictable.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed