Would you have rather seen the Deacon in place of the Xenomorph?

Started by Berend, Nov 18, 2017, 07:41:45 AM

Author
Would you have rather seen the Deacon in place of the Xenomorph? (Read 1,768 times)

Master

While having two similar creatures insted of one, both were wasted - underdeveloped. Neomorph could have been similar creature made by David or black goo, with some strange abilities to further distinguish it from Alien.
Now we have some bogus origin story for Alien, none wanted , and his underdeveloped brother species  none will ever go back to.

BigDaddyJohn

Yes, instead of the disappointing representation we had of the xeno in covenant, why not ?

Rudiger

Quote from: Berend on Nov 18, 2017, 07:41:45 AM

I know this requires some re-writes off course, but seeing as some were somewhat unsatisfied with the way the Xenomorph/Protomorph was handled in Covenant

Would you have prefered to see the Deacon species we got hinted at at the end of Prometheus do the things the Xeno did?

That way you get rid of the 'David created THE Alien' thing and its more beastial, animalistic behavior wouldn't feel out of place with Giger's design, compared the original creepy Serial Stalker

I guess it all depends on Ridley's mood and which of his "big questions" he feels like answering.

Is it (A) who's the big guy sat in the chair or (B) where did all of those damn eggs come from?

It seems he's opting for B these days, so I guess anything other than the xeno wouldn't make any sense.

bb-15

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 20, 2017, 11:18:17 AM
I would have proffered the film focused on the Neomorphs throughout rather than shoehorn the Aliens in. Maybe try to expand them a little more.

That pretty much sums up my view of what monster should have been the focus in "Covenant" (the Neomorph).
(Though the David created facehugger running around could have been left in but no Xenos were needed. Instead replace the Xeno with the Neomorph.)
Imo with some editing and a CGI monster change, the movie could have been improved.   

;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed