9ft Yautja of the Lebbon-verse

Started by happypred, Nov 17, 2017, 03:27:27 AM

Author
9ft Yautja of the Lebbon-verse (Read 578 times)

happypred

happypred

...so in The Rage War series, Yautja are often described as nine feet tall.

Robert Wadlow was 8'11"
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Wadlow#/media/File%3ARobert_Wadlow_postcard.jpg

The old 90s AvP novels feature 8ft predators.

Do you think at some point, a predator would be too large to be stealthy? 9ft tall is absolutely massive.

I personally like the idea of 7ft predators being short and 9ft predators being the equivalent of a human who's 2m tall. You get a lot of variation and shorter, smaller preds might focus more on stealth and larger preds are more like shock troops.

SM

SM

Stealth become much simpler when you can go invisible.

happypred

happypred

Yeah...but not entirely invisible, and you may still have to not bump into things, not break things you rest your weight on, use cover when your camo isn't working for whatever reason

The Alien Predator

I like the variety in Predator heights.

Also Predators who grew up on planets with lower gravity or in space, would have less force pushing down on them as they grow, so they'd be taller than is average for their species.

I imagine the big ones like the 9 feet tall or 10 feet tall ones would hunt on planets with huge environments, like ginormous trees and massive prey rather than Earth which would be preferred by the shorter Yautja for its smaller environment.

Humans that grow up on Mars would be taller than those who grew up on Earth.

The Alien Predator

9 ft tall Yautja also show up in the Predator: Anthology as well. So it's not just Lebbon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed