Would you like to see a Queen in Scott's sequel?

Started by Berend, Nov 14, 2017, 07:31:13 PM

Author
Would you like to see a Queen in Scott's sequel? (Read 13,541 times)

Rudiger

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Nov 15, 2017, 10:06:31 AM
I'd prefer egg-morphing because I find it far more disturbing. That said I quite like the idea of David turning Daniels into the queen and think Ridley could make that work.

Totally creepy. Talk about a truly miserable end...slowly morphing into an egg / face hugger.

TWJones

I'd like to see Daniels transformed into a Queen, but not an Alien queen like we saw in Aliens. I would want something far creepy, something like what we saw with Shaw. A mutilated body attached to all sort of Giger-esque contraptions.

David is after efficiency, so creating a Queen that could lay eggs capable of hatching Aliens rather than facehuggers seems like the next obvious step. Which is apparently what some of the eggs on the original Derelict could do...right? Unless I'm missing something.

That said, I want something far creepier and more nuanced than just a big ass Alien queen.

bleau

No, I do not really want to see a queen again. Been done to death. New creature please.

Scorpio

Save the Queen for Blomkamp's Alien5.

SM

Quote from: bleau on Nov 15, 2017, 06:49:37 PM
No, I do not really want to see a queen again. Been done to death. New creature please.

Been done to death in ... two films?

Alionic

Quote from: SM on Nov 15, 2017, 10:48:45 PM

Three films.

Scorpio

5 films if you count the queen chestburster in Alien 3 and the Predalien Queen in AVPR.

SM

Quote from: Alionic on Nov 16, 2017, 04:11:18 AM
Quote from: SM on Nov 15, 2017, 10:48:45 PM

Three films.

If you include AvP.  But why would anyone do that?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TWJones on Nov 15, 2017, 02:35:40 PM
I'd like to see Daniels transformed into a Queen, but not an Alien queen like we saw in Aliens. I would want something far creepy, something like what we saw with Shaw. A mutilated body attached to all sort of Giger-esque contraptions.

This what I'd like to see too. I'd like to see some more direct Giger-esque body horror type of stuff so either something like David working on mutating someone into something biomechanical or the good ol' eggmorphing. Unfortunately, given that it sounds like both Scott and Fox want to avoid going too Giger, I doubt we'll get that kind of thing. Because why directly embrace one of the aspects that made the original stand out so much?

Berend

Btw guys. Have we actually ever seen a Queen Alien physically murder someone on screen? Not death by association as with egg implantation.

I don't remember it.

We saw the first b!tch stab Bishop and rip her apart ( though he was artificial and still functioning after that, plus his "blood" was white, not THAT disturbing)

I don't think we've ever seen one killing a person like an ordinarry Xeno would do ( bite them, stab them, possibly rape them )

IF Ridley chooses to include a Queen in his swansong I would love a scene where it enters a room and kills people 'Alien Isolation' style. Guns would not work, running would not work, nothing would..

Like a giant 10 feet wolf amongst sheep. Biting of limbs, snapping of necks, playing jousting games with its tail. Blood and gore included. Damn.

Highland

There's probably a thin line between Alien Covenant 2 and Species 4 if you're doing the biomech thing. I don't think it'd work. I've got visions of the rock in the mummy returns already.

tleilaxu

Quote from: Berend on Nov 16, 2017, 10:54:49 AM

Btw guys. Have we actually ever seen a Queen Alien physically murder someone on screen? Not death by association as with egg implantation.

I don't remember it.

We saw the first b!tch stab Bishop and rip her apart ( though he was artificial and still functioning after that, plus his "blood" was white, not THAT disturbing)

I don't think we've ever seen one killing a person like an ordinarry Xeno would do ( bite them, stab them, possibly rape them )

IF Ridley chooses to include a Queen in his swansong I would love a scene where it enters a room and kills people 'Alien Isolation' style. Guns would not work, running would not work, nothing would..

Like a giant 10 feet wolf amongst sheep. Biting of limbs, snapping of necks, playing jousting games with its tail. Blood and gore included. Damn.
I guess it killed a predator in AvP, but yeah, the queen hasn't been fully utilized. The scene where it rips bishop apart is cool, but at the same time it also leaves kind of a bad taste in your mouth that James Cameron cucked you out of a true gore shower because killing any of the human characters would've not been popular with the studio executives and soccer moms etc. in the audience.

Scorpio

The Queen hasn't killed anybody onscreen because it is useless in combat.  It's so stiff and awkward with gangly arms and legs. 
The thing can barely move and is too big for stealth. 
Both people it stabbed were just standing there.
A human can outrun it as seen in AVP. 
Would a powerloader work against an ordinary alien? 

Who is that guy who hates the skull underneath the dome?  I'm like that with the queen.  Nothing against those who like it.

SM

Yeah he was really chasing the soccer mom demographic...

Highland

The Aliens hate seems to go up exponentially with each Scott film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed