Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 176,562 times)

newbeing

newbeing

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/06/21st-century-fox-has-been-holding-talks-to-sell-most-of-company-to-disney-sources.html
QuoteExcerpt:
For Fox, the willingness to engage in sale talks with Disney stems from a growing belief among its senior management that scale in media is of immediate importance and there is not a path to gain that scale in entertainment through acquisition. The company is said to believe that a more tightly focused group of properties around news and sports could compete more effectively in the current marketplace.

Still a good chance this won't happen, but would mean Disney has control over the Alien and Predator franchises? If so I'm not too sure how to feel about that. I feel like they're done a pretty good job with the direction of Star Wars, but obviously Alien isn't the family friendly cash cow that Star Wars is.

Corporal Hicks

Has there ever been a case of Disney inheriting or actually doing an "adult" franchise? Either way, I wouldn't panic just yet. This might amount to nothing.

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 06, 2017, 08:39:27 PM
Has there ever been a case of Disney inheriting or actually doing an "adult" franchise? Either way, I wouldn't panic just yet. This might amount to nothing.

I feel the complete opposite of panic. The franchise is currently stalled and even though Fox had every good intention with Covenant, they f**ked up repeatedly between Alien 3 to AvP-R. As a cinematic property it's pretty tattered, maybe Disney can reinvigorate it (and get rid of Scott as well).

Alionic

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-fox-walt-disney/fox-held-talks-to-sell-most-of-company-to-disney-cnbc-idUSKBN1D62GU

It did discuss buying Fox's movie and TV production studios, cable networks FX and National Geographic and international assets such as Star and B Sky B, CNBC said.

If this eventually goes through, it would mean Disney would own the Alien and Predator series, which would f**king suck.

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Alionic on Nov 06, 2017, 08:57:35 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-fox-walt-disney/fox-held-talks-to-sell-most-of-company-to-disney-cnbc-idUSKBN1D62GU

It did discuss buying Fox's movie and TV production studios, cable networks FX and National Geographic and international assets such as Star and B Sky B, CNBC said.

If this eventually goes through, it would mean Disney would own the Alien and Predator series, which would f**king suck.

Can't be any worse than 20th Century Fox owning it? I really don't think Disney would like stick Mickey Mouse in it. In fact, they may even open up a whole "Mature-rated content" Disney division. Hypothetically. 

SM

They release 'adult' stuff through subsidiaries like Miramax and Touchstone.

BishopShouldGo

Yes, Disney would start making PG Alien and Predator movies. They have no business acumen whatsoever.

/sarcasm

SM

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Nov 06, 2017, 09:04:42 PM

They release 'adult' stuff through subsidiaries like Miramax and Touchstone.

Thanks, SM. I didn't know they owned them.

Richman678

Sorry didnt see the thread here. Feel free to delete the misplaced one I made.

Anyways.... I believe Disney would sell the Alien Franchise off if it did happen. Alien does not really fit in with their other franchises. However a cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy 3 would be great if it did.

...Also they would can the Ridley Scott Prequel currently ongoing. I believe FOX might do the same too.

0321recon

Quote from: Richman678 on Nov 06, 2017, 09:30:59 PM
However a cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy 3 would be great if it did.

:laugh: :laugh:  ;D :D

whiterabbit

An R-rated animated disney movie could be awesome. They could put the 80's back into service. But alas the deal is as dead as bloomkamps aliens.

SM

Well they already did the 'whack a chestburster' and Alien slime thing in Toy Story.  Aliens Vs Buzz Lightyear is the next logical step.

newbeing

Quote from: SM on Nov 06, 2017, 10:05:16 PM
Well they already did the 'whack a chestburster' and Alien slime thing in Toy Story.  Aliens Vs Buzz Lightyear is the next logical step.

Kenner's Scorpion Alien figure as a side character in Toy Story 4.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed