The Black Goo takes over the franchise

Started by The_Foxcatcher, Nov 05, 2017, 11:48:18 AM

Author
The Black Goo takes over the franchise (Read 4,732 times)

The_Foxcatcher

After thinking a lot, now I really appreciate what Scott has offered to differentiate and come-up with something innovative and yet stay in Alien universe.

After Alien Resurrection and AVPR, it was time to give a drastic turn around and offer something fresh. To start with, Scott introduced the Black Goo.

I would say that the Mural creature is the purest form of Prefix-Morph. Call it an Ultramorph as of now.

The Black Goo is imbibed with the DNA of the Ultramorph.

The Thumb Rule is:-

THE BLACK GOO WILL MUTATE ANY LIFE FORM SUCH THAT IT WILL GENETICALLY THRIVE AND RESULT INTO EVOLUTION OF A VERSION OF ULTRAMORPH, BY EVENTUALLY MUTATING THE REPRODUCTION SYSTEM OF THAT LIFE FORM RESULTING INTO BIRTH OF AN IMPREGNATING PARASITE.

The Black Goo mutated Holloway's sperm which Fertilised Shaw's Egg which gave birth to Tribolite.

The Black Goo mutated spore producing Fungus which released Aggressive spores.

David used the Black goo to mutate cross-bred Bugs/Flies to produce Eggs which gives birth to Facehuggers.

Deacon
Neomorph
Xenomorph
(And many other possibilities)

So Xenomorph is PUSHED in a corner as one of the many possible variants. A great and smart move by Scott.

So the movie 'Alien' and its sequels are a small circles in a giant circle.

Would love to see the result of Hammerpedes mating each other to give birth to some kind of impregnating parasite which would then infect human host to give birth to some - - Morph.

Kudos to Scott!

Rudiger

Definitely no kudos to Scott. He should hang his head in shame.

Vermillion

The mystery of the ALIEN was perfect.
Black goo.  Lol.  Frankenstein.  Crazy mad scientist lab! HAHA HAHA.
Senile. With "Yes men" Ridley has fostered.

The_Foxcatcher

For me, Xenomorph or any other creatures being products of Black goo attack and mutation-engineering done by someone who got hold of the black goo works.

A mysterious creature of an unknown origin also works.

Both does. Scott just disclosed the creature's origin. It may not work for some, I clearly understand. It works for me.

Space7Horror

People may not be happy with the black goo being the source of the alien but at least it opens the universe up to many different possibilities for variants of the creature.  The alien being the creation of an android is irritating but at least it gives the opportunity for something worse to exist out there.

Denton Smalls

I agree. Plus there is still a lot of mystery surrounding the black goo.

Baron Von Marlon

I'm also in favor of a variation of 'morphs and other fauna and flora.
Some of the concept designs are freakin' sweet imo.

Highland

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Nov 05, 2017, 03:37:34 PM
I agree. Plus there is still a lot of mystery surrounding the black goo.

For years now I always thought, "why did nobody ask the question , who made the black goo?"

*Ridley Scott on the new preprequel.

Paranoid Android

Kudos to Ridley Scott for producing the first ever Deus Ex Machina liquid in science fiction. Will it kill you? Will it create something new? - The answer is: Whatever benefits the script!

skhellter

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Nov 05, 2017, 07:17:52 PM
Kudos to Ridley Scott for producing the first ever Deus Ex Machina liquid in science fiction.

You have no idea what Deus Ex Machina means.  :laugh:

But by all means.

rage away at the empty void.

Jonesy1974

The black goo works for me too. I think it opens things up to go in countless directions and varied stories in the future.

Scott has expanded the universe and it needed it.

Rudiger

Black goo: it's all a bit Star Wars midichlorians for me.

SM

SM

If the primary motive is reproduction, why didn't Fifield or Holloway try to impregnate anyone once the pathogen took hold?  They both reacted differently.  And the Engineers on Planet 4 weren't in any position to reproduce.

While an interesting take, this theory seems to ignore David's assertion that 'the pathogen took on many forms and was extremely mutable'

Jonesy1974

I really don't see that.

I didn't like the midichlorian thing either as it felt like it was demystifying the force to me but I think the black goo does the opposite.

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

Quote from: skhellter on Nov 05, 2017, 07:33:50 PM
You have no idea what Deus Ex Machina means.  :laugh:
Since a Deus Ex Machina is a plot device that is meant to achieve a quick resolution to a difficulty that comes up in a story, and since Ridley Scott pretty much pours his Black Goo around to do whatever he wants within the story without any rules and restrictions, I do believe I know what it is.

Quote from: Rudiger on Nov 05, 2017, 08:34:21 PM
Black goo: it's all a bit Star Wars midichlorians for me.
I personally attribute the "David made the alien" to Midichlorians.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed