Sequel Ideas

Started by genocyber, Nov 03, 2017, 10:30:12 PM

Author
Sequel Ideas (Read 3,742 times)

genocyber

genocyber

Lets have fun with this. Let's all pitch what our sequel ideas for a new Alien installment would be, whether it would continue the Ripley timeline, the Prometheus timeline, or start something fresh all together. Ridley Scott says theirs nothing more than can be done with the Xenomorph, and I disagree on that. Let's hear what you guys have to say.

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

I really want a movie that takes place after Alien Resurrection that gives us an idea of what life on Earth is like along with trying what Prometheus did and expanding the mythos.  I think it should follow a small fraction of Weyland-Yutani that is still running even though they were bought out.  It would be interesting to see the Knowledge they have gained from all the experiences in the previous movies.  The film could start on Earth and follow the research they have been conducting and possibly lead to the discovery of something else the engineers have created in deep space or something else entirely. The franchise is called "Alien" so they could easily create something new that fits right into the universe to keep the franchise fresh.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

-A tropic island on an Earth-like planet, perhaps with a primitive humanoid tribe thrown in the mix.
Xeno eggs arrive or are in possession of native tribe.
Weyland-Yutani crew arrives looking for minerals or something. Conflict with natives. Xeno outbreak happens.
Maybe because some tribesmen sacrifice themselves to eggs they kept locked in a temple.

-An army base/bootcamp + a xeno outbreak.

But personally, I'd prefer more Engineers and new weird 'morph variations.

Scorpio

Scorpio

It obviously has to be set partly on EARTH.

The franchise has promised this (going to Earth) for years.

Plus a finale for Ripley.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The covenant arrives at Paradise where David finds Peter Weyland alive and well and very much younger. Peter welcomes the return of his prodigal son as he sits down on his massive xeno-throne surrounded by the Aliens. He then tells his boy that he followed his programming brilliantly and accepts his sacrificial offerings. All of this happens in the first 5 minutes. What follows is 2 hours of alien hell for the 2000 victims aboard the covenant.

adambeyoncelowe

adambeyoncelowe

The crew of the Nan-Shan Industries colonial ship Forecastle, led by Captain Alistoun, is woken by an odd distress call in the deepest reaches of space. It carries hundreds of sleeping colonists in the vast hold and a small crew to man its hauler, the Sea Child (which also doubles as a land-to-surface vessel as with the Nostromo).

When they awaken, the crew detaches the Sea Child from its umbilicus with the Forecastle, leaving their human cargo behind, to explore the source of the signal without risk to their payload. They find a battered and burned Sulaco, having drifted for over 200 years into the furthest reaches of space. They board and find three eggs. Two look dead. The third, though open, is fresh. It's opened very recently. Onboard, they also discover basic robot drones that are still active, and which initially try to bar entry to the bridge and central computer, until they are destroyed.

After exploring the vessel, one of the crew, Wait, is impregnated and subsequently put into stasis. Wait, who had recently been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer of the lymphatic system and spinal cord, initially seems to get better - but his partner, Dr MccWhirr, is worried about the presence of the strange new 'tumour' growing inside him so freezes him. Hacking into the Sulaco's mainframe and black box, MacWhirr sees the queen from Aliens placing three spores that grow into eggs. She also gets bits and pieces of information about the alien, and how it transforms its host like a virus. She suspects there may be a way to use the parasite to her advantage and save Wait.

She and the crew trace the Sulaco's progress back to LV-426, where they think they might be able to get some clues about how to help their colleague and rid him of his 'infection'. They all go into quarantine, and though they re-connect with the Forecastle, they activate the quarantine protocol to make sure to keep their human cargo safe and separate (locks and failsafes keep them sequestered).

Meanwhile, one of the crew, Singleton, a secretive type, pulls off a mole on his arm and connects himself to the ship computer. He sends out a message unbeknownst to his friends.

Shortly after, some members of the human cargo wake aboard the Forecastle unexpectedly, and find themselves physically separated from their crew and the bridge by a corridor of sealed doors. Their comms have also been deactivated, as if the central computer has locked them in without any way to escape or communicate. The cryotubes, they realise, have been deactivated and will not power up. Something is very wrong.

They realise the quarantine protocol has been activated, keeping them trapped, and because they can't get any messages to the bridge believe they have been awakened by a computer error or some other technical accident (they don't want to acknowledge the idea of sabotage, as it scares them more than their current predicament). Knowing that they are several years from their destination, without sufficient food or water to survive in their cryo suite and adjoining locker rooms, colonist Donkin comes up with a plan to get into a space suit, blow the airlock, and use squirters to propel himself to the bridge of the Sea Child so he can cancel the quarantine protocol and help his follow passengers escape their imprisonment.

Returning to LV-426, Alistoun's crew finds the planet is a scorched wasteland and there's nothing there to help them. The supposed medical unit on the planet was long ago wiped out. While discussing what to do next, a siren blares: PROXIMITY ALERT! Looking at the scanners, a ball of rock or metal seems to be heading right for the Forecastle. It's too close for their weapons to take it down. Alistoun recommends manoeuvring to avoid collision. Through a viewport, we see the ball unfurl, revealing the queen from Aliens, who has been in hibernation like a tardigrade since Ripley ejected her into space.

Then we cut to a new ship: the Betty. Shooting through space towards LV-426 and towards the Sea Child/Forecastle nearby. Ripley and Call board the Sea Child to find a new hive has developed onboard the Forecastle. Somehow, an airlock was blown and the queen got onboard, Captain Alistoun explains. The queen then impregnated the revived passengers in the first cryo-chamber and escaped into the interminable ducts to build her hive somewhere.

A few survivors have holed up in the Forecastle, and they finally manage to contact the crew of the Sea Child. Alistoun communicates this to the Betty crew, and Singleton reveals he is an auton and contacted Call (having heard of her 'outlandish' claims of space beasts through the underground networks).

Ripley, Call and the crew of the Sea Child must find the hive in the Forecastle and destroy it without harming or exposing any of the other sleeping passengers. Meanwhile, they have to deal with an ancient W-Y AI which had been operating on the Sulaco's main computer (it was this AI which had awakened the eggs there by use of its onboard machine drones) and which has infected the Sea Child and Forecastle. It is the AI which awakened the colonists in the first chamber, and MacWhirr may or may not have been helping it to save her partner (at first it will certainly seem that way, but I may have her be innocent after all).

Ripley, who has begun dreaming of the aliens again, especially of herself transforming into an alien queen, has an idea: to make herself an alien suit and enter the hive. She uses a dead drone to do this. She hopes her queen DNA will allow her to enter the hive safely, and that she can control the aliens with her own pheromones. Meanwhile, Call and Singleton must enter the mainframe and destroy the Sulaco AI.

Ripley enters the hive and manages to get to the queen, whom she challenges to a fight for control of the hive. The praetorian guards allow this to happen, as it's common for rival queens to duke it out in this way. Ripley, of course, is no physical match for the queen, but has some tricks up her sleeve.

When the queen attacks, Ripley is able to use a sound cannon Call has been developing to block the aliens' higher frequency communications. This causes the queen intense pain, and hurts Ripley too, but Ripley has noise dampening earplugs which help her push through the pain. She kills the queen and, taking the role of the new queen, commands the drones to plunge headlong into the fusion drives, killing them all for good.

Emerging from the hive, the rest of the crew and passengers now safe, Ripley says she experienced a vision during the moment the sound cannon kicked in: the original homeworld of the aliens, and a queen above queens, from who all the other aliens came. She convinces the crew of the Betty to set off with her for one final showdown with the creatures, and the credits roll with the Betty flying off into deep space...

So it's an early draft, but I've tried to structure it to mirror the first two movies, and draw upon some of my favourite elements from the comics and their novelisations. I've actually started writing this, just for fun, which is distracting me from my current novel, but I like it.

Ship and crew names above are taken from the works of Joseph Conrad. Specifically, The Children of the Sea, from which the name Narcissus was also taken.

TC

TC

@adambeyoncelowe

Hey, thanks for posting this. I enjoyed reading it.

Is this structured for a feature-length movie or a novel?

TC

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: Space7Horror on Nov 04, 2017, 02:04:02 AM
I really want a movie that takes place after Alien Resurrection that gives us an idea of what life on Earth is like along with trying what Prometheus did and expanding the mythos.  I think it should follow a small fraction of Weyland-Yutani that is still running even though they were bought out.  It would be interesting to see the Knowledge they have gained from all the experiences in the previous movies.  The film could start on Earth and follow the research they have been conducting and possibly lead to the discovery of something else the engineers have created in deep space or something else entirely. The franchise is called "Alien" so they could easily create something new that fits right into the universe to keep the franchise fresh.

I agree.

I suggest:

An Epic Action film AFTER Alien: Resurrection but with David(Michael Fassbender) and Colonial Marines.

ALIENS V COLONIAL MARINES(2019)

Directed by Ridley Scott.

Tom Hardy and His Colonial Marines versus Michael Fassbender and His Aliens.

Budget 140-200 Million USD.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Colonial Marines vs aliens, yeah cool idea for a video game.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

It would be set on Earth and involve elements of Book One. It would take place about 20-25 years after the events of Resurrection

One of the companies on Earth has all the data that W-Y had on the Xenomorphs and are creating weapons and doing research. What they don't realise is the Aliens are already on Earth. Oh and its mostly set in the Italian countryside and Ripley would have a cameo near the start.

The Androids would be Ethan and Francesca

adambeyoncelowe

adambeyoncelowe

@TC It's a script so far. I've written the first few scenes and planned the rest out. It could work as a novel too, however, and that might be what it ends up as (although, as a novel, I'd probably change it to fit into the existing comic novelisation canon, perhaps by having Call and Ripley 8 building the Ripley android together--explaining where her memories come from--in the next book). It literally has no chance of being produced, but a friend of mine managed to get a blurb from Sigourney Weaver for his poetry book on Audible, so I'm going to send it to him to pass on, just on the off-chance.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

I'd love an anthology series on Netflix where each episode is an unrelated story, thus expanding the scope of the universe. Original ideas would be nice but I wouldn't be mad at all if they adapted comic stories like Salvation among others. I think some of those would translate really well onscreen (Herk Mondo FTW).

Do you guys think the sequels after Awakening will reference elements of the prequels like the pathogen or will they go in a new direction?

Killveous

Killveous

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Nov 14, 2017, 07:54:31 PM
I'd love an anthology series on Netflix where each episode is an unrelated story, thus expanding the scope of the universe. Original ideas would be nice but I wouldn't be mad at all if they adapted comic stories like Salvation among others. I think some of those would translate really well onscreen (Herk Mondo FTW).

Do you guys think the sequels after Awakening will reference elements of the prequels like the pathogen or will they go in a new direction?

I would love a series like this as well! And it seems Amazon is doing a Lord of the Rings universe story like this apparently now? So it is totally not in the realm of impossibility that there would be a series with Aliens and perhaps Predators as well as other famous spacey themes under 20th in the far future! I would love that.

I hope the new Alien Awakening movie will focus more on the development of the xenos- I am not sure if they will delve into the pathogen now there are fully formed (more or less) xenos on davids love boat in space. Before, you know, he gets his comeuppance.

adambeyoncelowe

adambeyoncelowe

A Netflix series is the best way forward, I think, using the comics as a leaping off point. The comics primarily capture the spirit of Aliens, rather than the other movies, which is fine, as that's the most commercial of all the films. The stronger stories in the comics universe made for decent novelisations, which shows that there's scope for worldbuilding and character development.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Netflix would be a great home for the franchise. Maybe something animated. They could go really out there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed