Why the Alien has not return in more dramatic grotesque forms: CENSORSHIP

Started by acrediblesource, Nov 03, 2017, 09:57:51 PM

Author
Why the Alien has not return in more dramatic grotesque forms: CENSORSHIP (Read 2,115 times)

SM

Yeah I don't think it's censorship so much as commercial viability.  The government can't stop them putting more hardcore violence or whatever the actual issue is here, in a film.  But it'll get a more restrictive rating and cut into audience numbers and box office.

Alionic

Alionic

Quote from: SM on Nov 04, 2017, 11:16:12 PM
QuoteI'm talking about CONTROVERSIAL themes, monsters, etc. that make it difficult for directors to get past censorship and asked to change things in order to make it a lowered rated movie.

Such as?

Yeah, I don't get it. Scott put in some David Cronenberg levels of body horror in the latest one. I don't think I've seen graphic moments like the backburster, mouthburster, or even the chestburster in a theater before Covenant in awhile. Wolverine stabbing people through the head in Logan is the only other one that comes to mind ATM.

But I agree censorship is bullshit.

SM

Censorship generally doesn't interfere with movies.  It has in the past but these days when you can download any movie your government might ban, it's rarely an issue.

NeoXenoPred

In the past, things such as body horror and gore were considered disgusting. Now, these are called to be just a normal thing. I see no point where showing a c*ck would boost a rating of a movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed